Chapter Eleven~ Changing

~Electra~

The heels of my knee-high, leather boots clicked against the smooth concrete floor matching the heartbeat of the man kneeling in front of me. He wasn't scared like I thought he would be...yet. That would soon change. I stopped midstep and tapped the end of the knife on my chin.
"They say you are a very bad man Mr. Munoz," my voice echos against the factory walls and I eye the balding man kneeling on the floor. He was calm...too calm for a man who was being held at gunpoint by multiple men along with his gang members and workers.
"But, I say that's a load of bull. Any man who kidnaps and pimps out children and has them sell drugs is a p*ssy," I smirk down at the man and see his eyes darken with anger. His jaw and fists tighten as he tries so very hard to control his anger. He was not used to being belittled and called names. Here, he was the boss, however if you don't play the game right or break the rules then you get punished.
I continue walking up and down the line of kneeling thugs and crack dealers."Being one of my allies and business associates is a privilege. You get unlimited supplies of power, money, Bliss, women, anything your little black heart desires. Yet," I stop and turn slowly on my heels to lock eyes with him again.
"Yet, you break one of my minor conditions. I said no children, no prostitution, no kidnapping, and what do you do?" I ask and the smirk on my face falls as the red hot I try ro contain bubbles up. My fingers slither tightly around the knife hilt.
"YOU BREAK EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM!" I explode and a few men flinch. Munoz remains suspiciously unfazed. I pat the ponytail pulled high on top of my head and regain my composure. "That really displeases me, Mr. Munoz," I say calmly.
"I go by my own rules," he mumbles. "Come again?" I dare more than ask the question. He slowly rises and from the corner of my eye I see Bullseye's gun follow the man's movement. "I run this place, this is my turf! I run this place!" He pounds his chest issuing a threat in my book and motions around. "They say you're bad shit and all, but I say you're nothing but a little bitch who needs to be put in her place," he is shouting now and I see a confidence boost in his men as they slowly rise from their kneeling positions.
Put in my place? My face grows hot and my lip twitches from the amount of hot anger I am attempting to hold in. With inhuman speed, I grab Munoz by his neck and slam him back onto the ground. His eyes widen and I trace his facial features with the tip of my knife. "I am in my place. This is my city," I whisper then easily tear my knife into the soft flesh of his throat.
His screams are lost in the blood that gushes from his throat and seeps past his fat lips. I pull the knife from his throat and wipe it on his white shirt before it too was soaked in blood. I watched him look into my eyes with his own wide and frightened ones. I watched him fight for every breath he took, I watched him take his last then his eyes closed for the last time.
I rose from his body then cast a glance at Bullseye. As I walked out of the factory, the sound of screaming and automatic gunfire filled the night. Minutes later when I reached our vehicles and my men exited the factory, the place was a fireworks show of explosions. Beautiful.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

I sat up from my desk and looked at the empty bottle of whiskey in front of me. I thought I would get shit faced and have my head hanging off of the toilet, but I felt the same as before I drank. Sober. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my ringing cell phone off of the desk.
"Cross," Madden's voice sounded stressed and serious,"your favorite criminal just blew up a crack house downtown." Shit.
"Okay, I'm on my way," I hung up, got dressed and hauled ass downtown.
When I arrived to the address, there was nothing but a giant mass of flames. Cop cars, fire trucks, and ambulances swarmed the scene along with cameras. I walked over to where Madden stood. "They've been trying to put out the flames for the past three hours, but the place is loaded with cocaine and all kinds of damn chemicals. There isn't a way in hell they will be able to get the flames down," he informs me.
"Where the hell have you been, Cross?" Madden asked. "Sick. Were there any people inside?" I dodge the question and draw back when the heat of the building grows to be too much. "Crack dealer named Munoz and his dealers. This is his place, or was," Madden explained.
"Any ideas as to why she did it?" I asked.
"She's a homicidal wack job," Madden answered. I swallowed deeply and ran a hand though my hair. "You okay, Cross?" Madden asked and I nodded. "Yeah, I feel a lot better," I answered. "You sure?" Madden pressed.
"Look, I'm fine," I shot out with frustration. "Really I am," I spoke more calmly, but Madden didn't look all too convinced. "Madden, Cross," Darby's voice came up from behind us and he stood by our sides.
"A Philippino man caught the explosion on the camera at his shop. It's her alright. We're getting in missing persons like crazy so there has to be about thirty max or more in there roasting," he informed.
"Damn." Madden mumbled and wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his sleeve. "Yeah and she also shot up a dealers home. Killed his whole family. Kids, wife, husband, even the damn dog," Darby added.
Shit. She wouldn't do something like that, not kill children? Would she? I didn't know her, but she didn't look like a child killer. She didn't look like any kind of killer, but she was. "I don't see why we can't just drop a bomb in that bitch's fortress," Darby said.
"Because the blast would be too big. It's right in the damn city, Darby," Madden said with surprise in his voice. "What's a few civilians against the majority? It's others or them," he said with stone in his voice.
I don't know what happened to me. All I know is that I grew hot and saw nothing else except red and Darby. My fist ended up taking hold of his shirt collar gripping it tightly when I yanked him to me. "WHAT THE F*CK IS YOUR PROBLEM?" He yelled, but I saw his eyes widen in fear.
"What's yours? Do you want innocent people to get killed?" I seethed and effortlessly lifted him off of the ground making his eyes nearly pop out of his head. "They aren't innocent, Cross," Darby spat out. "Let him go, Cross," Madden urged. It was then that I realized I had him lifted up to my level. That was not normal. I quickly set him back down and apologized.
Darby straightened his shirt collar,"You need to see the doc." I swallowed down my tension. "I'm fine," I said. I begin to walk away and hear Darby call after me, I just keep going. I slam my car door closed and rest my head on the steering wheel.
What was happening to me?