Chapter Fourteen~A Helping Hand

~Electra~

"Would you kindly get that light out of my f*cking face?" I growled out and tugged on my bound wrists. Reginald shook his head with a disgusting chuckle.
"Even when you're bound to a chair you're a demanding bitch," he spat and I curled my nails angrily into my fists. Whenever I got loose, he would have hell to pay for this. He would bleed.
"If you don't let me go you will be sorry," I said through gritted teeth.
"Not when it took me this long to capture you. You're such a rare breed, although Braden Cross did take to the P-87. You are still a valuable weapon," he says calmly.
"I make and fight my own wars," I say lowly.
"You're either going to help me or I'll just kill you now and Braden will help me," he shrugs.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"To be on top. Is that too much to ask? I work my ass off for years and I'm not getting shit. I just want what's mine," he exclaims.
I laugh and roll my eyes at his stupidity. "So you think you can bind me and convince me to help you with your greed then kill me if I don't? You ass, how do you think I've survived for so long? I really am a bad bitch and you're just pissing me off," I laugh out and am silenced when one of his hands cuts across my face.
My hair whips around in my face and blood flew from my lips from the force. He grips the back of my hair and angles my head to look up into his eyes. My breathing is heavy from my bubbling rage and my eyes narrow in fury.
"You're not in control here, I am! So are you going to help me or not you little freak?" He yelled in my face.
I curled my lip then spat a wad of saliva and blood right into his eye. He staggered back and wiped the spit from his eye angrily. He charged me like a bull and punched me in my jaw.
If the chair had not been bolted to the floor then I would have fell from the force of the blow. Blood poured from my lips and my cheek grew hot from pain. A laugh still forced its way through and that only seemed to fuel his anger even more.
He layed repeated blows across my face then my torso for what seemed like forever before he finally pulled away. I slumped over in the chair and blood trickled from my face and mouth onto the cement flooring.
I felt one of my eyes swell almost to the point of being completely closed. "No matter what you do to me," I weezed out,"I've been through much worse. Only a little bitch would tie a young girl to a chair and beat her. A man would cut these ropes and see what happens."
He yanks my head up by my hair and looks down angrily at me. "In a few hours, when you're fully healed, I'll be back to give you a higher dose," he let my hair go causing me to slump over again.
I heard him walk away and then a door slam. No turning of a lock was heard. Idiot. I lifted my head weakly and blinked back the bright light of the lamp over head.
I trembled as my wrists fought against their restraints. The rope dug into my flesh cutting it open, yet I felt the rope start to give way. A small scream of pain came when the rope bit into my flesh and drew blood. I pulled back then up violently against my binds and heard the ropes snap.
My wrists were in terrible condition, but it wasn't anything too serious that time couldn't heal. I was free, in a way. I walked briskly to the door and kicked it open turning the door into splinters. Now, now this place was going to burn.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

It was a feeling. A strange feeling like I wasn't alone that had me moving from my pile of papers on my desk in my small office to my bedroom. I slowly pushed open the door to find the window wide open with the curtains drifting in the breeze.
"I needed a place to heal and this was the closest one I could think of," Electra's voice came from where my bed was. She sounded tired and like she was breathing hard. Something was wrong.
I went to flick on the light when her voice stopped me. "You won't like what you see if you turn on that light. Just go back to what you were doing and I will be gone in a few hours," she rasped out.
"What did you do?" I asked and felt my jaw clench.
She chuckled weakly. "Everyone thinks I'm the bad guy, but not this time. I didn't do shit," she replied dully. "Well, not until they pissed me off."
I flicked on the light and drew in a breath at what I saw. Blood. Electra was covered in it. Her face was bruised, cut, swollen, and bloody. Her chest was moving up and down rapidly from her heavy breathing while she lay on my bed.
"What the hell happened? Who did that to you?" I asked and walked over to the bed.
"He got away, but I'll get his ass," she muttered not answering the question.
"Who?" I asked again.
"Reginald Darby," she said bitterly.
"Darby? Darby did this to you?" I asked and she gave a weak nod.
"He was my little mole in the station, but he got too big for his pants. At least he thinks he did. Anyway, I went to drop his ass and he got me instead. F*cking coward," she hissed.
"Why would he do that? What do you mean by mole?"
"Hey, I'll be glad to answer your questions after I heal up," she said with her voice dropping into a whisper. She relaxed against my pillows and closed her eyes.
She looked like a beautiful, innocent girl who had just been beaten senseless. She was beyond innocent but she did just get the shit beat out of her.
I left the room to get a bowl of water and a rag. When I returned back to the room I pulled a chair up beside the bed and sat down. She turned her head to face me and slowly cracked open her eyes. One was so swollen and bruised that she could barely open it and what part I could see from it was all red. Damn, Darby really did a number on her.
"If you're going to kill me then get in line," she said with a hoarse voice. I ignored her comment and dampened the rag before I dabbed at her busted lips.
"W-what are you doing?" She asked wearily.
"I'm trying to help you," I said bluntly.
"Why?" She asked curiously.
"Because, you helped me," I offered and watch her stare at me with her unreadable, calculating eyes.
"You can't help me, Agent Cross, no one can. You can't help a dead girl."