Chapter Thirty~Five Losing Game

"Agent Darby," I began as I dipped my hand into the box,"I would like you to meet one of my most prized pets." I felt the cool head of my pet nudge my hand before sliding up it and coiling itself tightly around my wrist. Retracting my hand out of the box, I heard Braden hiss something under his breath and saw him take a startled step back at the sight of my pet coiled around my wrist.
    "Dendroaspis polylepis," I proudly introduced the oil black snake that was curled around my wrist. "Or, most infamously known as the Black Mamba." My smirk widened when I saw fear flash in Agent Darby's eyes. I would surely enjoy this.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS AN UNSETTLING SCENE THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME.

~Braden~

    When Electra pulled that long, black f.ucking snake out of the box I nearly shit myself. I'd never seen a snake as black and gleaming as the one that was wrapped around her wrist. At first glance, someone would think it was just a bulky bracelet until it flicked out its purple, almost black, forked tongue.
    Electra didn't seem to find the fact that there was a poisonous f.ucking snake just wrapped around her wrist. The snake didn't even seem to care that it was on someone's wrist, it almost seemed to be relaxed there minding its own business. Darby looked like he was about to shit his pants too. His eyes were focused on the snake as if it would fly off of Electra's wrist and latch onto him.
    "Isn't he beautiful?" Electra cooed down to the snake and stroked it's head with the knuckle of her pointer finger like it was a baby kitten. The snake didn't seem to mind her touching it either as it continued to just sit coiled around her wrist and forearm.
    "Would you like to hold him?" Electra asked innocently and started taking slow steps towards where Darby was being held by Bullseye and one other man.
    "Get that f.ucking thing away from me." Darby drew back as far as he could when Electra stood directly in front of him and lifted the snake only a few inches away from his face. The snake reached out its head and flicked out its tongue in Darby's direction in a curious manner.
    "Get that f.ucking thing away from me!" Darby yelled in growing panic. The snake lunged forward and would have attached itself to Darby's face if Electra hadn't pulled back her arm in time.
    "You hurt his feelings," Electra accused with a up-to-no-good glint in her stormy eyes.
    "You're f.ucking insane." Darby panted out with disgust in his tone. Nervous beads of sweat had formed on his forehead and neck and started to trail down as he continued to sweat.
    "Yes." Electra agreed with his statement and stroked the snake's ebony head again. "Untie him, please." Bullseye pulled a dagger from inside of his black coat and sliced away the ropes that bound Darby's wrists. He rubbed his tender wrists while keeping his eyes on Electra and her pet.
    "What's your game?" He asked appearing unafraid, but his eyes said otherwise.
    "No game." Electra replied. "Unless, you want to play a game. Yes, a game." A wicked smile appeared on her plump lips. "Let's play a game." F.uck. This wouldn't end good for Darby. I wasn't saying he didn't deserve whatever was coming for him, because he did. He sure as hell wasn't going to like it though and knowing Electra it was going to be twisted.
    "Bull, give him a knife." Electra ordered. My mouth almost fell open from hearing her words, even Bullseye looked confused. Give Darby a knife? Bullseye looked reluctant when he handed Darby the dagger he had used to cut him loose. Bullseye and the two other men took a few steps back and away from Darby who looked down at the dagger in his hand.
    "I'll make a deal with you." Electra proposed as she continued to stroke the snake's gleaming head. "If you can outrun my pet, or even kill it, I will let you leave with your life. I don't need to tell you the outcome if you fail."
    "You're f.ucking crazy." He spat out.
    "Yes, we've already been through this." Electra sighed with a roll of her eyes. "I do hope you're a fast runner, Agent Darby, because Black Mambas have been known to clock in at 6.8 miles per hour. It may not sound very fast, but it is spectacular to see them in action." A sadistic, challenging glint gleamed in her brewing eyes.
    "I'm not going anywhere near that thing." Darby said harshly with a defiant shake of his head.
    "You won't have to," Electra smiled,"he'll come after you." Darby's face fell, fear showing in his eyes. "If you're adamant about not wanting to try and save your life, I know many other things I would like to do that will have not even a sliver of hope for your survival." A daring expression crossed Electra's face."Absolute, slow death or a chance to save yourself and walk away? Make your choice." Electra announced.
    "I'll do it," Darby agreed with a nervous look about him. I nearly jumped out of my skin when Electra flung her arm forward sending the snake onto the ground where it instantly stretched itself out. The midnight black snake easily stretching past two meters in length. Darby cursed out loud when the snake, without warning, started to slither quickly towards him.
    It moved so fast as if it had a purpose, it was almost like it knew what Electra wanted it to do. That wasn't possible though. It shouldn't be, but looking at that long, sleek snake chasing after Darby like it was the snake's soul purpose in life I wasn't so sure.
    Darby ran faster than I thought he could and reached just past the edge where the light ended before the snake struck out quick as a whip and latched onto the back of his calve. A loud cry of pain came from Darby when he hit the ground and frantically grabbed the snake tossing it to the side.
    "SHIT!" He yelled in pain and dropped the dagger from his hand to grip the part of his leg where he had been bitten.
    "Oh, it looks like you've lost, Agent Darby." Electra calmly announced in mock suprise while she walked over to where the snake was defensively coiling itself into a knot. She crouched down and extended her hand to the snake who slowly extended itself and made its way up her arm wrapping itself along her forearm. Electra straightened up and turned her attention to Darby.
    I thought he was sweating bad earlier, but now he was drenched in his own sweat. His breathing was uneven as he sat on the ground gripping his leg, his chest heaved with every breath he took.
    "H-help me." He stammered with pain in his voice. He staggered to get to his feet, but swayed as he walked closer then fell on his ass.
    "I'm afraid I have no anti-venom." Electra pursed her lips and gave a small shrug of her shoulders.
    "P-please." Darby begged and I felt my lip twitch in disgust when I saw that he was starting to drool like a dog. His own saliva coated his lips and fell freely down his chin.
    "I'd say you have--hmmm, 45 minutes, give or take, until you completely use mobility and your organs begin to shut down." Electra hummed. "Without an anti-venom the mortality rate of the Black Mamba is one hundred percent."
    "P-please." Darby continued to beg then coughed sending thick, foaming saliva from his mouth. He then puked all over himself.
    "Mmm." Electra hummed to herself and stroked the head of the snake as it expanded itself and lifted its head up towards her face."How long would you say he has to live, Bullseye?"
"Seven hours, ten if he's lucky," Bullseye grunted. "Give or take a few."  
    "Seven hours," Electra tested the words on her tongue. "That's not very long at all."
    "F.uck you." Darby growled through his foaming mouth as his body began to faintly tremble.
    "No." Electra smiled darkly. "F.uck you. F.uck you for thinking you could run circles around me like this is a circus. F.uck you for under estimating me, you pale asswipe." Her eyes were narrowed and harsh while she stared down at the profusely sweating man on the ground.
    "B-braden, p-please h-help m-me." Darby turned his attention to me with pleading eyes. I couldn't say anything to him because I didn't have anything to say. This man, this man who I had trusted and worked with, lied and tried to kill me. I kept myself stone-faced and felt my jaw tick from the desperation in his eyes.
    "H-help m-me." He stammered as he fell on his side and began to violently convulse. His eyes rolled back into his skull showing only the white of his eyes. My attention went to Electra who walked over to one of her men and stuck her and in his coat. She pulled her hand out of his coat, a gun now in her hand. Electra then walked over to Darby, stopping in front of him, and lifted the gun in her hand.
    A single shot rang out echoing all around us. The shot left Darby still and silent on the ground. Already a thick puddle of blood was beginning to form around his head where Electra had shot a bullet into his skull.  
    Electra lowered the gun, a hard aura about her, and watched Darby's still body continue to drain of warmth and life. The woods around us had grown eerily silent and no one said a word when Electra turned around and started back to the SUV. Bullseye and one other of her men lifted up Darby's body and began carrying him to the other SUV.
    I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Darby was now dead when Electra's voice warded off my thoughts.
    "Are you coming, Braden? A storm is almost on us." Electra stated and on cue rolling thunder could be heard in the now dark skies above us. I gave one more glance at Darby as they hoisted him into the back of the SUV. I moved my eyes away then turned around and made my way over to Electra's SUV.
    The first splatters of rain started to fall as soon as we pulled away from the clearing where the only evidence of what happened there was a thick puddle of blood that would soon be washed away by the rain.

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: I WILL NOT BE UPDATING MOST OF MY STORIES FOR AWHILE BECAUSE I AM BUSY WRITING UP CHAPTERS FOR MY STORY 'THE GODMOTHER'. UNTIL I AM NEARLY DONE WITH THAT STORY, UPDATES WILL BE RARE FOR MY OTHER STORIES. I'M SORRY, BUT I REALLY WANT TO FINISH OR NEARLY FINISH 'THE GODMOTHER'.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???