Chapter Twenty~Unexpected Visitors

A/N: It's a crappy chapter, but here you go

¡Unedited!

~Electra~

"Well don't you look like a beautiful ray of sunshine in the morning," I chimed when Braden woke in the morning. He flinched in suprise when he saw me sitting cross legged on his lower stomach.
"What are you--how did you?" He asked
"You were snoring so I thought that if I held your nose you would stop. You woke up instead," I say with a smile.
"I have something to show you," I said brightly and slowly pulled the gauze from his chest.
He sat up abruptly causing him tp be meer centimeters away from me. I held my breath when he didn't notice and only saw his untainted chest.
"It's gone. There's not even a scar," he said with wonder.
"It's a freak thing," I say with a shrug. His body grows rigid and I know that he just realized our close proximity. We were almost flush chest to chest and when he looked up our faces where so close that I could see my reflection in his eyes.
His eyes fell to my lips as I sat in his lap and his tongue darted out to wet his own. He started to lean in and I felt my heart begin to pound. Did I want this? I didn't know.Would I allow this? Whatever it was.
He stopped once he realized what he was doing and he pulled back before his lips could brush against mine. We stared at each other for sometime until I forced my eyes away and pulled myself from his lap to stand by the bed beside him.
"I'll let you go home, but if you come for me I will kill you," I say.
"So, you're going to let me go? Just like that?" He questioned.
"Unless you want me to lock you in a dungeon or something, yes," I said simply.
"I'll have Bullseye take you home, but you will have to be sedated," I explain.
"You're going to drug me just to send me home?" He asked in disbelief.
"I know it may be hard to believe, but I am a very cautious person. Besides, what reason have you given me to trust you so far?" I question and walk over the nightstand.
I pull a syringe from the drawer and uncap it. He eyes the syringe. "You must understand my precautions," I say and stab the needle into his thigh.
"Wait," he protests. I inject the sedative drug and pull the syringe free from his thigh. He looks up at me in shock then down at his thigh before he fell back onto the bed. I felt kind of sad knowing this would be the last time I would see Braden Cross.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》 》》

~Braden~

I drank my fifth cup of coffee and the damned headache was still there. Whatever she had given me could knock an adult elephant on its ass. I groaned when loud knocking came from my door.
"Open up, Cross. I know you're in there," Darby yelled from the other side of the door. I drew out a heavy breath and dragged myself to the front door. A pissed off looking Darby pushed his way inside.
"What the hell is happening to you?" He bit out.
"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You send a team of people in to get Electra and no one makes it out alive," I say.
"You can do it, you can kill her, Cross," Darby tried to persuade.
"No, no I can't," I say,"you need to leave."
Darby looked shocked and shook his head in disbelief. "You're done, Cross, done," he growled and left my apartment as quickly as he had come. Just like that, I was no longer an agent.

A loud crash from my living room had me bolt upright in bed. I hadn't even been asleep and didn't hear anyone come in until they knocked into something. Someone was in my apartment.
I quietly stepped out of my bed and picked up the glock from my nightstand flicking the safety off in the process. In just my boxers, I silently walked into the living room and looked around. Nothing. It was kind of dark, but there were no shapes or silhouettes.
I did notice that a small pile of books that had been sitting on my coffee table were now lying on the floor. The coffee table was turned slightly to the side just like it would be if someone accidentally bumped into. No one was in here though--
Someone rushed me from behind and I felt the burning pain of a knife digging into my shoulder that had me drop my gun onto the soft carpet. I whirled around and drove my knee into my attackers stomach hearing a pained grunt as he dropped the knife and fell to the floor.
Another body rammed into me knocking me down and onto my coffee table that shattered from my weight. Glass from the coffee table buried deep into my skin, but I didn't have time to worry about the pain as the second attacker yanked me up by my hair and kneed me in the stomach.
The first attacker stood while the second still held me in place by my hair. The first attacker raised the knife and the second tilted my head back to display my throat. The sound of a small explosion going off rocked my senses.
The room fell eerily quiet as the two masked attackers looked at each other in confusion. Two shots rang out through the room brightening it for just a few seconds. The two attackers cried out in pain and fell onto the floor.
I scrambled to stand and looked down at the two masked men who now lay lifeless on my living room floor. I looked up towards the living room doorway as the lights were turned on and saw Electra standing there with a bald man beside her.
"Good shot, Bullseye," she said with a pleased smile and moved into the living room. Not paying any attention to me, she stooped down in a tight black dress beside the men and yanked off their masks. Two white men that I had never seen before wanted to kill me and were now dead in my living room.
"Do you know these men?" She asked causally without looking up at me as she sifted through their pockets coming up empty handed.
"No. I've never seen them before. I don't know who they are," I said through light panting and looked down at my arms and side that were covered with small cuts.
"Well," she stood and turned her attention to me while dragging her eyes quickly over my half naked body,"they certainly knew you."
"How did you--" I started to ask.
"I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by. It's a good thing that I did. If you're going to keep getting yourself into situations like this that have me save you then I must start charging a fee," she gave me one of her sly smiles and put her hand on my arm. She had me turn slightly so that she could examine my back. She made a series of 'tsking' noises and released my arm.
"Bullseye, pack a few of Agent Cross' belongings. He will be staying with me for awhile," she instructed and the bald guy walked out of the living room.
"What?" I asked.
"You clearly can't take of yourself and I feel obligated to protect you," she said blatantly.
"I can take care of myself," I defended and Electra looked at me with a bored expression.
"Yes, I can see that by how you almost just died right then. I mean honestly, you're a superhuman yet you can't defend yourself against two men?" She mocked.
"Do you want to stay here or do you want to come with me? I won't force you to go, but I can help you," all of her mockery and sarcasm was now gone as she looked up at me expectantly. Go? With her? No, I couldn't go with Electra. I couldn't go with a killer. Could I? She had saved my life three of four times already, so if she wanted me dead she would have done it already. Still, she was a psychotic murderer.
"No," I said and swallowed down my nerves. Electra stared into my eyes for a moment before taking a step back then turning around and stepping over the broken glass. The bald guy had one of my duffel bags in his hand and appeared at the doorway just as Electra was walking away.
"Leave it. He's not coming," Electra stated dryly and the bald guy dropped my duffel bag to follow Electra who didn't say another word.
"F*ck," I muttered after a few seconds and staggered to the doorway. I snatched up my duffel bag and ran out of my apartment leaping over the remains of my door in the process. I shoved open the glass door of the apartments and staggered out.
"Electra!" I called out to her when I saw that she was about to slide into the backseat of a black Range Rover that was streaming blue light from its headlights. A pleased smile tugged at the corner of her mouth and she stepped away from the door as I walked closer.
"Change your mind, Agent Cross?" She asked with amusement. I didn't say anything and Electra motioned for me to get inside. I looked inside at the expensive leather interior then back at Electra.
"I'll get blood on your seats," I said.
"It wouldn't be the first time I've had blood on my seats. Get in," she waved off carelessly. I stepped up into her Range Rover and winced in pain when I felt a shard of glass in my back bury in deeper.
"Are you alright?" She asked with concern that shocked me. She put her hand on my arm and slightly turned it so that she could get a better view of my back. "We'll get that fixed once we reach my estate.," she let go of my arm and closed the door,"Go ahead Bullseye." The bald guy started to drive and I looked down at Electra curiously as she calmly looked out the window with a blank expression in her face.
"What?" She asked when she turned and noticed me watching her.
"Aren't you going to blindfold or drug me?" I asked knowing that she didn't want me to know where her secret place was.
"Not unless you want me to," she suggested then turned back to staring blankly out the window. I didn't understand her and didn't think I ever would. She was a psychotic murderer despite her saving my ass a few times.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN??