Chapter Forty~Two Bald Men Need Love Too

"Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts." -Edgar Allen Poe-

~Electra~

    I place another steamed broccoli crown into my mouth and force myself to chew the food, my eyes studied Braden as he sat across from me at the table and mindlessly pushed around the food on his plate. Unable to force myself to eat anymore, I placed my fork down then picked up my glass of shiraz and drained it before placing it back onto the table.
    "Why are you so quiet?" I asked finding myself unable to sit in the thick silence any longer. Something was bothering him and his silence was beginning to irritate me. His green eyes flickered up to meet mine. He visibly grew tense at my question.
    "I just don't have anything to say." Braden answered. My eyes narrowed when I heard the lie spill from his mouth.
    "Don't lie to me, Braden. Never lie to me." My voice was low and held a sharp, dangerous warning to it. Braden placed down his fork and gave a sigh.
    "It's nothing." He continued to brush off my question which caused anger to bubble up inside of me.
    "I do many things, Braden, many bad things. However, I haven't told a lie in years. I have been perfectly honest with you and I ask that you do the same." My voice was tight as I tried to keep a cap on my anger. Something that looked like regret showed in his eyes before he quickly looked down at the glass of wine in front of him. I waited patiently for him to confess and tell me what was on his mind, however he refused to even meet my gaze.
    My fist slammed down on the table causing my empty wine glass to fall. I rose from my seat so fast that the chair fell backwards. I stormed towards the dining room exit then into the hall, I took the stairs two at a time and only stopped to open my bedroom door which I slammed shut with such force that I nearly broke it off its hinges.
    I ran a hand through my mane of hair and tugged on the roots slightly, the pain a burning contrast that did little to soothe the anger in me. Why was this happening? Why was he affecting me like this? I was all worked up, I was furious and of all things over him?
     He was just one man...just one man. Then, why does he make you feel like this? Was it the serum that made me feel this way towards him? Did we now have a bond because we were both something more than human? What was this? What are we? Nothing. We're nothing. It's just attraction. It's a dangerous attraction nothing more. Then, why do you feel this way?
    I let out a frustrated growl and raked a hand through my hair as I paced around my room. I needed a getaway from the feelings Braden had thrust upon me. I knew just the thing. My sweet, ascending Bliss. I hadn't touched the poison in days and the thought of taking it had completely left my mind until now.
    Him. Braden. Everything was his doing now. He kept my mind off of things while making me think and feel things I didn't think were possible anymore. He made me feel human and that infuriated me. One man. One. F.ucking. Man. He was just one man, yet he spun my world around.
    I walked swiftly to my nightstand and grasped my phone in my hand preparing to call Bullseye to tell him to bring up some Bliss for me. I stopped before I could hit the call button and turned to face the door when it opened. Of course. It was him. Braden.
    He gave me a solemn look that had a hint of uncertainty in his eyes then closed the door and slowly made his way towards me. He sat down on the edge of the bed then fell back against it with a tired sigh. I placed down my phone then felt myself take a seat beside him.
     "He's in love with you, you know?" Braden's husky voice finally spoke up, his question confusing me.
    "What?" I asked in genuine confusion and looked down at him. He turned his head so that his eyes looked up into mine.
    "That bald guy, he likes you. By the way he looks at you, I think he even loves you." Braden's voice was a low, yet deep tone that was just above a whisper. A pained look was in his eyes that was flecked with worry. Jealousy. Jealousy stood out in his eyes like a sore thumb.
    "Admiration perhaps, but not love." I replied. Braden sat up with speed that suprised even I, his face now meer inches away from mine.
    "I see the f.ucking way he looks at you, Electra." Braden's teeth gritted together through his agitation. "Don't tell me he doesn't because I see how he looks at you. He wants you, Electra." Braden's eyes bore into mine with such intensity that I had to fight back the urge to tangle my hand in the soft waves of his hair and slam our lips together. He was so damn sexy when he was angry...when he was jealous.
    "Is it a problem? Is it a problem if he has developed feelings for me?" I asked to purposfully prod at his growing anger and jealousy. His brows rose as he gave me an 'are you stupid' look.
    "Well, yeah. He's a creepy looking freak for one. Second, he's got a bullseye tattooed on his head. And--and he's bald." Braden stammered through his anger as he tried to get an unspoken and unclear point across. Oh yes. He was definitely jealous. I was going to enjoy this. I bit my lip to hide the wicked smirk that had my lips twitch.
    "Bald men need love too." I replied and Braden's eyes instantly darkened to a darker shade of green. His cheeks flushed as well and his jaw clenched. I noticed that his biceps bulged as well and that his eye twitched. His whole heated appearance wasn't caused by lust. No, this time he was burning with anger and jealousy. Much to my dismay that I quickly ignored, I was greatly turned on by this side of him.
    "You--you like him?" Braden's voice shook with boiling, seething anger.
    "Would it be a problem if I did?" I decided to toy with him some more. His jaw ticked from the tension and prominent veins on his neck and biceps became visible.
    My eyes widened, shock taking over my body for only just a short moment when Braden pushed me back onto the bed and crawled over me. His hands slammed down onto the bed on either side of my head and his knees sat beside my thighs.
    Burning, silent rage was in his dark green eyes that looked anything but human at the moment. They were such a dark shade of green that they almost met the darkness of his black pupils.
   His hair fell over his eyes making him look even more dangerous and wild. He looked so...delicious right now. He had me caged down against the bed, my arms resting at my sides. I let out a short, amused laugh that caused Braden's eyebrows to furrow in confusion.
    "You're adorable when you're jealous." I teased. "Yet..." My voice wandered as I rose a hand to trace the muscles of his chest that were concealed by his thin shirt. "Yet, I find it to be such a turn on as well." My eyes moved up to look into his once more as my palm lay on his chest, moving up and down against the solid muscle.
    "What?" Braden breathed out as he was now the one who was confused. I moved my hand to place my index finger against his lips successfully silencing him.
    "Shhh, no more talking." I murmered then removed my finger from his lips to move my hand behind his head and tangle my fingers in his soft waves. I urged his head closer to mine as I slightly raised myself from the bed to meet his lips with mine wanting nothing more than to get lost in the taste and feeling that was him.

B r a d e n.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???