Chapter Forty~One Lay Claim

"You have no idea what I'm capable, of the connections and power my name holds. You see Mr. Viking, I have friends and allies as well. Not only are they loyal to their deaths, but they also have bigger guns." Seconds after Electra spoke those words, like some kind of perfectly timed script an explosion went off against the wall in front of us.
Chunks of debree and a giant plume of dust exploded from the wall. All I could think to do was grab Electra and yank her onto the ground to shield her with my own body from the debree and whatever trouble was about to come out of the big ass hole in the wall.

"Welcome to my nightmare, I think you're gonna like it, I think you're gonna feel you belong." -Alice Cooper-

~Braden~
My head ducked down as I braced myself over Electra taking all of the hits from the falling chunks of solid debree. I hissed in pain when something sharp fell onto my shoulder. Shouting could be heard followed by the sharp sound of rapid, automatic gunfire.
I looked up from where I was still on the floor shielding Electra to find the Viking guy laying on the floor sounding like he was coughing his lungs up. My eyes watered from the dust flying up into my eyes and my lungs began to sting causing me to cough. Through the dusty air, I made out silhouettes in the room firing off rounds of bullets. In under a minute, a heavy silence filled the room. Nothing could be heard except for the final breaths of men as there bodies bled out.
The entire room smelled of burnt gunpowder and it seemed to have increased in heat by a few degrees. My hand went inside of my jacket where I retrieved the gun Electra had given me. I moved off of Electra then looked down at her to see if she was alright. I was suprised to see a bored expression on her face as she stiffly sat up and rubbed at the back of her neck.
"Ouch." Electra grumbled then moved herself to a standing position.
"Electra, stay down!" I hissed and grabbed her hand in an attempt to yank her back down. Electra pulled her hand from my grasp.
"Bull, where is The Viking?" Electra called out as she dusted herself off. I turned my head to look around and found that most of the dust had settled, the bald guy's shiny head was like a blinking beacon. Our f.ucking savior. F.ugly egg-headed son of a bitch.
"There." He motioned his handgun towards where one of the couches had been. It was now overturned and the man they called The Viking grunted as he shoved it off of him and staggered to stand. He causally began dusting off his expensive looking clothes.
"I wasn't expecting that." He let out a small cough before he spoke. His eyes swept over the little over a dozen men in the room, guns poised in his direction.
"Where is my shipment?" Electra asked in a tight tone.
"All of this over some drugs? You really are as crazy as they say you are. I like it." He gave her a cunning grin that made my hand tighten around the gun I held in an attempt not to lift it and use it against him. "But, I guess we're all kind of crazy. You can't kill me Electra, I'm f.ucking untouchable." He raised his arms as if he wanted us to praise his pale ass.
Without a single word or warning, Electra's hand reached into her coat and pulled out her glock. With the precision of a gunslinger, Electra emptied out a single shell that sent a bullet barreling towards The Viking. Blood flew from his forehead as the bullet buried itself in between his eyebrows.
A look of pure suprise swept over his face, his mouth opening faintly from the shock. A thick, crimson stream of blood seeped out from the perfectly formed bullet hole in his head and trickled down his prominent nose. Slowly, as he faintly swayed on his feet, he reached out to touch the wound. He pulled back his hand to look at the blood that coated his fingers.
His eyes locked with Electra's seconds before he crumpled to the floor. I guess he wasn't as 'invincible' as he thought he was. He bled red just like everyone else and that meant that he could die. And, die he did. Electra just blew a f.ucking hole in his head. Electra lowered her eyes and looked down at The Viking's unmoving body.
"Why'd you kill him? Now you don't know where your--your uh stuff is." I questioned.
"This isn't all about the drugs or even the money. It's about the concept of respect, power, and those who dominate it." Electra replied while her eyes were still focused on his body whose blood was spilling out onto the floor.
"Boss, he's moving." One of her men spoke up. All of our eyes moved to the man we thought was dead only to find that he was beginning to stir. What the f.uck? He was dead. I just watched Electra blow a hole into his head. There was no way even in Hell where he could survive something like that.
With wide eyes, I watched as Electra put her gun away then walked over to one of her men.
"Theo." Electra called out to the man who then placed his hand underneath his coat. He removed a long knife that could almost pass off as a sword if it were a little longer. The Viking was now moving to sit up, seeming to be in a dazed state. Electra took the long knife from Theo then walked over to where The Viking was sitting up, blood poured down his face from the bullet hole in his head.
Electra walked over to The Viking who tried to stand. I flinched when Electra's arm moved in a single swiping motion, the blade slicing through The Viking's neck like it was a stick of butter. A sickening 'crack' filled the room when the blade sliced through The Viking's spinal cord. Everyone's eyes followed his head as it fell on the floor then bounced and began to roll across the floor leaving a trail of dark red blood in its path.
My stomach tightened in a sickened way when I realized the head was rolling towards me. With a sickened thump, The Viking's severed head was stopped by the toe of my shoe. Looking down, I found his blue eyes looking up at me. His lips were parted and blood still trailed down from his forehead.
"Let's see you wake up now." Electra mused as she looked down at his headless body. She walked back over to Theo and handed him back the blade. He looked down at the bloody blade then casually wiped it clean on his pants before he placed his blade back in its sheath.
Electra walked back towards me, something mischievous dancing in her eyes.
"Would you like to have it as a souvenir?" Electra asked and moved to bend over and reach for The Viking's head at my feet.
"Don't touch it!" I hissed and quickly snatched up her hand before she could touch it.
"What? It's not like he's going to bite you." Electra smirked. The clearing of someone's throat could be heard and both our heads jerked in the direction of where the bald guy was standing.
"What do you want us to do, Electra?" The bald guy asked, his eyes solely on Electra.
"Search the place and see if they have my shipment here." Electra ordered and the men began to disperse to search the building. I watched the bald bastard stare at Electra, she may not be able to see the want in his eyes, but I could. I saw the way he looked at her, longed for her. He wanted her and that single thought was enough to get my blood boiling and had my fists clench at my sides.
I felt my jaw tighten as I watched him finally move his eyes away from Electra and leave the room. He wanted her. A blind man could easily tell that he wanted her. I felt a possessive urge to smash Electra to my side and show him that she wasn't his, that she wouldn't ever be his. She wouldn't be his because a part of me already had claimed possession over her. We weren't official, but I had already laid an unspoken claim on her. Electra was mine and that bald bastard needed to understand that.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???