Chapter Ten~Back Home

A/N: Short, but here ya go anyway***

~Electra~

    He had gotten too close. Whether his intentions were good or bad, he was too close and had to go. I had brought him into my home. Not my 'fortress' but my actual home.
    I capped the syringe to the sedative and handed it to Bullseye. Braden Cross had to go. "He should be sleeping now. Make it quiet, I don't want him to wake up and try to start a fight," I ordered and Bullseye left the room to go into mine where a sleeping Agent Cross lay. He was ready now. He would understand everything soon, very soon.
   》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

    I groaned and stretched my body across the bed. My eyes fluttered open expecting to see fine paintings on the walls, instead I found white plain walls that belonged to my bedroom. "What the hell?" I sat up and looked around.
    I expected to see Electra's room, but instead was met with my own plain, cluttered room. I sat up and ran a hand through my hair. I know it wasn't a dream, it couldn't be. How did I end up back here?
    She must have drugged me. Why would she bring me back home? I thought I'd have to escape or something. Maybe it had something to do with her storming out of the room last night. I groaned and stood from my bed; there were too many questions and no answers.
    I walked to the living room and hit the answering machine. Six missed voice messages all from a pissed off Darby. A banging came from the front door and I made my way over and opened the door where Darby stood.
    "Where the fuck have you been, Cross?" He sounded like he was almost shouting. "I--I was uh sick," I answered. "Sick? You couldn't even text or call. What's going on Cross? We should bring you to the doctor, let him keep you for a few days," Darby said.
    "Darby, I'm fine, really, " I held my hands up trying to calm him. "I don't feel strange or anything, " I lied. Darby narrowed his eyes and looked deep into my own to hunt for the truth.
    "Doc says you should have started...showing signs by now. If you're fine then go in and let him have a look at you," Darby pushes. What the hell was his problem? "Look, I just had a small stomach bug and now I'm perfectly fine. I'm really behind on my work so I need to get on that," my hand holding the door open tightened its grip and I clenched my jaw. I was becoming really irritated for some reason.
   Darby set his thin lips in a firm line then gave a swift nod. "Sure thing," he walks out of my apartment then turns around ,"I expect to see you at work tomorrow, Cross."
    I'm already closing the door before he can say anything else and I lock it for good measure. "Man's got a stick up his ass," I sigh and run my hands through my hair as I lean against the door. With the day, or days, that I've been having I need a drink.