Chapter Eight~ Her Bed

~Braden~

"Hey, HEY!" I shout for what feels like the thousandth time before someone hears me. The door opens, not to reveal Electra, but the old man. "Yes sir?" He asks and does not move from the door. "Look, I'm starving here," I say. I felt like I hadn't eaten in days.
"I'm sorry sir, but Miss informed me not to feed you. She said she shall feed you when she returns from the city," he says in a bored tone. "I'm starving. Can't you give me some toast or something? " I sigh and he shakes his head. "Miss gave me specific instructions and informed me to tell you in any case you become distasteful to kindly tell you 'don't be a whiny bitch. I'll feed you later'," he recites then exits the room.
I'm stuck in bed and I can't even get a damn piece of toast. She wanted me to suffer. "I'm not a fucking dog!" I shout. I wasn't sweating like a pig anymore so the shit tea must have worked, but I still couldn't sit up without my head protesting.
I sunk down further against the pillows and turned my head to the side. Night was about to fall and I hadn't had a damn thing to eat all day. I hadn't seen Electra since she stormed out earlier and that had been early this morning. The old man had said she was in the city. Did that mean this was in the country?
I was already worn out and now I was growing weaker from the lack of energy and food. I turned to look back at the ceiling and closed my eyes. It seems all I've been doing is sleeping, I would need my energy for later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The intoxicating scent of peaches and flowers pulled me from my sleep letting me know that Electra was near. She sat now dressed in a loose fitting grey sweater and sweatpants and sat crosslegged on the bed beside me. Her hair was damp and curly from just taking a shower and hung in innocent ringlets around her face as she stared down at me.
I moaned softly and stretched a little and blinked a few times to get my eyes settled. She kept staring at me blankly as if she were deep in thought and I found myself staring back at her. Her eyes looked lost and off in some distant place, she was doing some serious thinking. She was probably trying to think of some sick, twisted way to kill me. Something was off with her though and that was saying something because she was already way the fuck out there.
"What's wrong with you?" I mustered up the courage to ask her and her eyes lost that glossy look and returned to normal. "Docs been telling me I have bipolar disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, split personality, hallucinations, PTSD," she dodges the question with bullshit that just might actually be true.
"You hungry?" She asks and my stomach rumbles loudly on cue. She twists her body around and reaches for something on the table. When she does her ass is on full display and I can't help but not admire how well developed and firm it looks even covered in sweat pants. What draws my eyes away from her ass is a pink scar above her hip going towards the center of her back. From what I could see, it looked long and thin.
She turned back around with a small plate of celery sticks and I frown in disgust. I wanted food not what food eats. "What's that?" I ask confused.
"It's celery dumbass. Now, eat it," she says and thrusts a piece towards my face and I recoil. She pulls her arm away and puts the celery back on the plate.
"Why can't I have real food?" I ask. I know I was pushing it, but I was starving and celery wasn't going to cut it for me. "You're body is changing. If you eat anything too dense it will reject it. At this stage the least food you eat the better. I know you're hungry, but if you eat anything more than this you will get sick. Trust me," she explains and I see no trace of deception on her face.
"I'm going to starve if I don't eat," I argue. "It's best not to eat now. Soon, your body will not require the amount of food you're used to consuming. Your stomach is shrinking and if you eat too much you will get sick. Believe me," she further explains.
My stomach rumbles again. "Fuck man, I just want some food," I groan. "Damn baby," she mumbles and turns around to reach behind her again. The scar peeks out and is quickly re-hidden when she turns around with a bowl in her hand instead of the plate of celery.
Steam rises from the bowl and a delicious aroma comes with it. Soup. Food. "I knew you were going to whine and bitch so I had the cook make this. Don't say I didn't warn you," she says and rests the bowl on my chest.
I sit up only a little and feel my head protest. I wince and the pain slowly fades away. Electra hands me a spoon and I dip it into the bowl of soup with a shaky hand. Damn, I was weaker than I thought if I couldn't even lift a spoon.
"Dammit!" I cursed when I spilled most of the broth back into the bowl then the rest down my chin and neck. Electra sighs and wipes away the mess with her sleeve like I was a messy child. "Give me that," she grumbles and I hand her the spoon.
She spoons some of the broth and brings it to my mouth where I hungrily accept it. Who would have thought that a psycho killer would be feeding me soup in bed? This whole thing was messed up.
"You do realize that if you live long enough you owe me your first born, right?" She says with a smirk as she feeds me another spoonful. "Okay Rumpelstiltskin," I say after I swallow,"what would you do if you even had a baby? You don't look like the motherly type."
She thinks for a minute and then shoves more soup into my mouth before answering. "I never wanted kids. I guess I'd sell it or something, " she shrugs. Damn, she really is a heartless bitch.
"Wow. What a great mother you would be," I say and swallow more soup. "You asked," she said. "Do you feel it yet?" She asks.
"Feel what?" I ask her and a devilish smile creeps up onto her face. Then, it hits me. A twisting, stomach churning pain forms in my stomach and I groan in pain. Electra calmly sets the bowl back onto the table and stands from the bed.
"What the hell is happening? " I groan out and sit up quickly hunching over despite my head starting to throb.
"Your body is basically cleansing itself of all the old cells and toxins in your body, it did it by sweating you and making you burn up. You would have been fine if you had just waited until morning but... Now, your body must expel the food you just ate. That means--
"FUCK--I'M GOING TO PUKE!"I groan loudly and clutch my twisting stomach. "That," Electra chimes in then tugs my arm towards the side of the bed.
I crawl off of the bed and put my feet on the carpet beside the bed. My knees give out from the sudden weight and Electra grunts then yanks me back up and loops her arm around my waist.
"Maybe next time you'll listen to me," she grunts and half carries me to the bathroom where she lets me fall to my knees in front of the toilet. I immediately empty my contents into the toilet and through my puking I feel Electra tuck my hair behind my ears and soothingly rub my back.
"Poor baby, you're such a moron," she cooes as I empty more into the toilet. I didn't eat this damn much. What the hell? "Maybe next time you'll listen to me," she says and I feel her leave my side.
I hear a faucet run and rest my head on the side of the toilet and groan while closing my eyes. Electra grabs my chin and wipes my face with a damp cloth. I muffle a groan and hear Electra 'tssk' at me.
She slaps at my cheek lightly making my eyes pop open weakly and she lowers her face to mine. "Maybe next time you will listen, yes?" She says more than asks then surprises me by planting a big kiss on my forehead then ruffles my hair like a kid.
"Come on now. Time for beddy-by time," she chirps and pulls me to my feet dragging me over to the bed. She lightly pushes me onto the bed and pulls the covers all the way up to my chin.
"Would you like a story?" She asks and bats her eyes. "Sure," I mumble thinking she was just joking.
"Once upon a time there was a princess who thought she could be anything, but then she lost everything and realized that fairytales where just shit cowards made up to escape reality and then she killed all the bad men in the world. The end," she chirped and smiled down at me adoringly.
"Pleasant nightmares, sweetheart, " she patted my head a little too hard then went to the door. "I have shit to do so I'm sending someone in to give you that brew. Drink it all," she informed then disappeared out the door.
I sigh. That is one crazy bitch. The door reopens and I see a tiny woman scurry in with a tray. She gives a small bow then hands me a cup of the brown tea. "Your tea," she informs me then picks up the dishes from the table.
"Hey," I call to the woman and she lifts her head to look at me. "Does she ever sleep or is she always plotting things?" I ask and didn't really expect an answer. What I got was more than I needed.
"Miss cannot sleep unless it is in her own bed," she tells me like I was stupid for even asking. "What do you mean?" I ask confused and she stands with the tray of dishes in her hands. "Sir, you are sleeping in her bed. Miss hasn't slept for three days," she informs me. Three days?
"This is her room? Why didn't she put me in another?" I ask in shock and confusion.
"Miss has only one bedroom in this house. She has no need for more. She thought it best for your health to sleep in a bed rather than a couch," she quickly says in hushed tone.
"So she hasn't slept for three days?" I ask and she nods quickly. "I must go now. I have already said far too much. Miss will get angry," she babbles then hurries out of the room. I look down at the sickly looking tea and wonder what was going on inside of Electra's head.