Chapter Sixteen~ I'll Stay If You Want Me To Stay

~Electra~

A yawn came from my lips and I stretched my aching limbs. My face didn't hurt anymore so I assumed that I had mostly healed by now. I blinked back the morning light that lit up the room and sat up to see Agent Cross sitting in a chair beside me.
His hands were fisted together and placed under his chin as he stared at me. He looked tense and bothered under his hooded stare. "What's wrong with you?" I asked in a hoarse voice.
He straightened up and leaned back in his chair. "There was a murderer asleep in my bed. What wouldn't be wrong?" He asked and I noted how stressed and irritated he sounded. I rolled my eyes with a heavy sigh and pulled the sheets from my body that I didn't remember getting under.
I stood and moved to leave the room when he stood and followed me as I walked out. "Where are you going?" He asked when I made it to the front door.
"I have places to be and people to see. I'll see you whenever you decide to tell me what's so under your skin. I know it's not all because of little ol' me," I say and plaster on a smirk.
"Wait," he called out and took a light yet firm hold on my elbow.
"Is there a reason you don't want me to leave? Do you know something I don't?" I asked curiously with a tilt of my head. I knew he did, he knew something. His face and eyes were betraying him.
I watched his Adam's Apple bob up and down and saw his jaw and neck visibly tighten. He was stressed. Something had his nerves going haywire and it wasn't me, at least not entirely.
"Electra--I," he stammered and I placed one of my fingers against his warm lips to silence him and any lies that would spew out. I lowered my finger when I saw the surprised look cross his face.
"If you want me to stay, I will stay. All you had to do was ask. Perhaps you will tell me what's on your mind before I go," I say with a sly smile and walk into the living room with him following in tow.
I make myself comfortable on his couch and smooth down my dress. "Now, what's for breakfast? I'm starving," I ask and see him shake his head lightly. A faint smile was playing at the corner of his mouth and I felt something foreign warm inside of me at the sight.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

For such a small thing, she could really down a stack of chocolate chip pancakes. "I thought you said you didn't eat much because of your uh--"
"My being a freak," she finished for me and shoved a whole half of a pancake into her mouth.
"I wasn't going to say freak," I say honestly. There are a lot of things I could call her, but freak wasn't one I would use. She twirled the fork in her hand around the air.
"You don't have to say it. I know what I am and soon you will know what you are. For your information, I haven't eaten in three days," she says and chugs a glass of milk in a matter of seconds.
A deep chuckle rumbles through my chest at the sight of a milk mustache on her upper lip. "What?" She asks and her eyebrows scrunched adorably. She looked so innocent.
"You've got a little--" I point to my lip and she wiped hers with the back of her hand clearing the milk mustache away.
A hiccup sounding burp came from Electra and she gave a satisfying pat to her stomach. "You are a fine pancake maker, Agent Cross," she complemented.
"I have Aunt Jemima and Betty Crocker to thank for that," I said and see her face furrow in confusion.
"You have an Aunt Jemima and Betty Crocker?" She asked.
I shake my head and a smile pulls at my lips. "No, it was uh--nevermind," I say and scratch the back of my head.
I see Electra staring at me expectantly with a coy grin on her face. "What?" I ask uncomfortably under her creepy grin.
"Are you going to tell me what's gotten under your skin or am I going to have to torture you?" She asked and swiped the tip of her tongue across her upper lip with a mischievous glint in her stormy eyes.
"I'm fine. There's nothing 'under my skin' but you," I bit out a little too harshly and saw her eyes darken.
"I am many things, Agent Cross, but an idiot is not one of them. I've been lied to enough to tell when someone's lying and you, Agent Cross, are in fact lying to me," she said lowly and stood from her chair. I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say.
"The only reason I don't kill you now is because you are Immune and in a way I feel as if I'm obligated to help you," she stated dryly and I heard her heels click against the tile floor as she walked out of the kitchen.
I stood quickly and saw her walking to the front door. "Wait," I called to her and she still kept going.
"Hey wait!" I yelled and jogged to stop her from leaving. If she left then she would go to that hangout, if she went there then I would have to go in and get her. Odds were that a lot of people wouldn't make it out alive. I didn't want her to walk into that death trap...I didn't want her to die.
She whirled around and shoved me against the wall with such force that the air was knocked from my lungs. "I can feel and sense how tense and stressed you are. The tension is basically rolling off of your body right now," she hissed and dug her fingers into my shoulders as she held me up.
"If you tell me what's on your mind I guarantee you'll feel better," she suggested and un-dug her fingertips from my shoulders while still having me pinned to the wall.
"I don't know what you're talking about," I say and swallow nervously. She tilts her head to the side while she stares into my eyes.
"DON'T. Don't you ever lie to me again," she gritted out and lowered me so that her face was near mine. "You tell me now or I'll find out in my own way," she releases her hold on me and I fall on my feet.
She takes a step back. "You think I'm a monster and I accept that, but don't think you're much different then I am. We are the same you and I. You just haven't got a reason to use your strengths," her eyes were dark with anger and her voice was hard and cold.
"I'm not like you. I don't kill innocent people. I'm not a murderer," I say and steady my heavy breathing. Something flashes and burns in her eyes and I find myself once again slammed against the wall.
"I have never taken an innocent life. Every bastard I killed was asking for it. Next time you want to call someone a murderer why don't you take a long thorough look at the people around you," she growled out in my ear causing tingles to snake down my spine.
I sucked in air through my teeth when I felt her nibble and tug on my earlobe unexpectedly. "So. Do you. Have something. To tell me?" She asked as she placed slow, burning kisses down my neck to the juncture between my neck and shoulder.
Her hold had loosened on me and I felt her hands wander to my chest and drag down to the waistband of my jeans. I let out a ragged breath and closed my eyes tightly trying to fight whatever she was trying to do.
"What are you doing?" I rasped out and she continued her gentle assault on my neck. She nipped, tugged, and licked at a soft spot she had found and a loud moan escaped me before I could stop it.
"Giving you what you want for what I want," she said simply.
"You're going to f*ck me just so I will tell you what you want to know?" I ask and feel her fingers dip into the waistband of my jeans.
"So you are hiding something," she hummed against my throat and placed a lingering kiss against my skin.
I push her away from me and she staggers against the opposite wall of the hallway. She straightened up and smoothed down her dress while glaring at me.
"You were going to f*ck me just for information. So you're a whore now? How many d*cks have you rode to get what you wanted?" I asked with a raised voice. I took her for a lot of things but not a sleezy whore.
"I am not a whore!" She fumed. "If you want your ass to die then keep on sticking your nose where it doesn't belong," she spat out then stormed out of my apartment slamming the door behind her.
"F*ck," I breathed out and ran a hand through my now sweat matted hair. A lot of people were going to die tonight, and I would be in the center of it all.