Chapter Eighteen~ One Shitty Morning

~Braden~

I raised the gun to the side of my head and pulled the trigger. A stomach turning click came from the gun. Empty. My gun was f*cking empty. Son of a bitch. Someone, somewhere wanted my ass to suffer.
I closed my eyes and fought to keep my sanity from the immense heat in the room. It was so damn hot and I was losing so much damn blood. So this was how I was going to die? I don't drown to death and end up roasting alive. If I wasn't about to roast alive I would laugh my ass off.
A tug on my shoulders sprung my eyes open and I look up to see the swells of someone's breasts above me in a glinting dress. "Damn, you're such a fat ass. I don't know why I just can't let you barbecue," the person grunted. Electra.
She slowly sat me up and tugged me onto her shoulder. She staggered foreward then regained her balance and walked quickly through the opposite curtain. My eyes started to droop closed from the amount of blood I was losing and I groaned in pain. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Electra's firm ass swaying back and forth in that short dress.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

The small instrument in my hand dug into his chest and I felt it graze the bullet. I clamped down hard on the bullet and yanked it free. Blood poured frim his gunshot wound and I placed a bloody hand over it to ease the bleeding.
I pinched the skin together and slowly drew the curved stitching needle in and out of his flesh to seal the wound. I pulled back and admired my work, he would have one badass and ugly scar, but I think I did a fair job.
I felt him stir when I was halfway through stitching up the other wound on his shoulder. It had been easier to pull out because that wound wasn't so bloody as his chest wound. It did start to bleed heavily once the bullet was out. The drugs I had given him to keep him knocked out would wear off soon and he would be in tremendous pain.
I think he could fight through it. He was an asshole, but he was a tough asshole. I didn't know why I pulled him out of the fire after I shot him and left him for dead. I didn't even fully know why I saved him the first time. He kept trying to throw me behind bars and I finally had a chance to kill his ass. I probably did kill him if only I hadn't pulled his ass out of there.
I swiped a rag over his bare chest to clean the blood away and dipped it into the crimson water. He had lost a lot of blood and it would take time for him to properly heal. He might not wake for days, but the pain wouldn't let him sleep.
I stood and walked to my bathroom where I dumped the water and rinsed out the rag to fill it with fresh water. I walked back into my room and brushed the rag gently across his face. His face was drawn together in a frown as he slept and he looked kind of cute. He didn't look anything like the asshole who barged in and shot down my men and business partner. He didn't look like the man who tried to kill me.
I brushed back the hair from his eyes and stared down at him. I didn't expect him to tell me about the hit that was going down, yet a part of me hoped he would. I suppose it was because I didn't want to have to kill him. I couldn't do it in the end. I shot him and left him for dead and I still couldn't drive away.
"You're getting soft, Electra," I whisper to myself,"you're becoming too civilized."
I rise from beside the bed and pull the sheets up to his upper waist. His heart rate was still to high and his breathing was uneasy. The P-87 would help quicken his healing, but not quick enough. He wasn't as strong as I was, the 88 was the 87 on steroids. That's why so many people died. Only a few can hold the 87 in their blood, holding the 88 was rare to nothing.
"You're going to have one shitty morning tomorrow," I murmer softly and graze my fingers across his defined jaw. "Goodnight, jackass."
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

My eyes opened slowly then drifted closed again. I managed to open them and blinked back the sunlight until my eyes adjusted enough to keep them opened. Electra's face popped into view above me causing me to jump in my skin.
"Good morning, Agent Cross," she grinned down at me and I groaned in pain.
"You-you shot me," I rasped out and watched her sit down cross-legged beside me.
"Yes I did and I should have left you there to die, but I didn't," she chirped and reached for something on the beside table. She held a bottle of Jack Daniels in her hand and uncapped it to take a long swig. She didn't even flinch and re-capped while placing it in her lap.
"Come to think of it, I should kill you right now," she says and taps her chin.
"Why don't you do it then?" I croaked.
"I honestly don't know. You tried to kill me, yet I ended up saving you. Again," she shrugged.
"I-I didn't want to kill you," I chocked on my own words and started a coughing fit that made my chest ache.
"Easy there big boy," she said and patted my chest. I groaned in pain and closed my eyes. She started to rub up and down my arm and I cracked my eyes to look at her. She didn't seem to know what she was doing until she caught me staring at her hand.
She stopped and pulled it away. "Don't stop," I rasped out. A mischievous glint played in her eyes. "Why shouldn't I?" She asked and leaned forward slightly.
"Because, because it felt nice," I said and regretted saying that. I sounded like a moron.
"Maybe later, right now I need to take a look at your wounds and clean them," she said and picked up a bottle of peroxide and a few cotton balls from the bedside.
My eyes widened when she threw a leg over my lower waist and straddled me. "What are you doing?" I asked quickly and she opened the bottle of peroxide.
"Making you all better," she stated and soaked a cotton ball in peroxide like she wasn't sitting directly above my d*ck.
"And you have to straddle me because?" I ask and see her narrow her eyes.
"I can reach your wounds better from here, but I'll let you clean them yourself," she states and moves to get off me. I grab her thigh to hold her in place and she raises a well crafted eyebrow.
"Don't go, please," I swallow deeply and feel my body start to sweat from the never-ending pain. Her face softens and her eyes dull to a softer shade of stormy blue.
"You're really hurting, aren't you?" She asked with softness that surprised me. She sounded almost like she cared.
Her fingers pulled the gauze away from my chest wound and she gazed down at it with her brows furrowed. "It looks better than it did, but you're still healing slowly," she inspected the wound then poured peroxide over the wound.
My back raised off of the bed and my fists balled together from the pain. My teeth clenched together and my eyes screwed shut as I hissed in pain. "F*ck," I seethed in pain and felt Electra place a clean gauze bandage over the wound.
Without giving me time to calm down she pulls the gauze from my shoulder and doses that wound as well. I yell through my clenched teeth and she smooths another bandage over the wound.
My hand on her thigh tightens as I try to fight through the growing pain. Her hand finds mine and her fingers wrap into mine. I hold onto her hand tightly and slowly my grip eases as the pain subsides to a low throbbing.
I open my eyes to find Electra watching me with her unreadable eyes. "You should probably rest. I will be away for the rest of the evening. I will send someone in to feed you later," she casts her eyes away from mine and pulls her hand away as she pulls herself off of me.
She stands beside the bed and places the cotton balls and peroxide beside the bed. "Thank you," I say as she walks away. She stops just like someone would when they were about to turn around. She didn't turn around though, she walked right out of that room without saying a word.