Chapter Forty~Seven You're Not Even Human Anymore

"Revenge is a nasty mistress, but get your facts straight before you go after the wrong snake. You in fact have the wrong snake and I suggest you leave out that door at this moment before you have to be carried out in a body bag." He stood unafraid, too driven by revenge and rage to know what he was getting himself into.
    "The only one who's gonna be carried out in a body bag is you, bitch." He growled and took a step closer. The sound of automatic gunfire could be heard erupting from outside of the club followed by screams.
    "Are you sure about that?"

Matt Damon as Madden>>>

~Braden~

    It all felt like a movie. At first, the sky started raining bullets that hit people and bounced off the asphalt and concrete then all hell broke loose. The people from the club who had been hanging around outside started screaming and took off running down the sidewalks to get away from the bullets that were raining down from the roof of the club.
    I managed to slip away when the man who was escorting me to a van got shot in the neck. I wanted to help the guy, but all I could think about was Electra. That man wanted her alone for a reason and I know it wasn't a coming to better yourself speech about our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
    Without waiting around, I snatched up the gun the now dead man had dropped then sprinted off towards the entrance of the club as bullets continued to rain down on men that I had most likely worked with at one point.
     I was going to hell now, I knew that, but all I could think of was Electra alone in there with that man. I stormed into the club and froze when I spotted the man with his gun pointed at Electra. She didn't seem afraid or even shaken up by the whole thing. I felt my hands tighten on the gun when I spotted a trickle of blood trailing down from the corner of her lips, the dark red color standing out against her cream colored skin. He had hit her. He f.ucking touched her and made her bleed. He had caused her pain. Those thoughts laid very unpleasant thoughts in my head that involved that man and ways I could make him scream and bleed for what he did to her.
    "Get the f.uck away from her!" I harshly bit out and walked down the steps towards the main area of the club. Both of their heads turned towards mine, I couldn't see his face because he wore a bullet proof helmet, but I could see Electra's. I thought she would be relieved to see me, but her face was anything but relieved. She looked almost pissed off that I had come to her rescue.
    "Braden." Electra growled in warning through clenched teeth.
    "Cross, you son of a bitch. Did you help this whore blow up that station, you back-stabbing son of a bitch?" My breathing faltered when I realized I recognized that voice. I didn't at first, but now it all fit together. It was a voice I knew all to well.
    "Madden." I murmered his name, my voice matted down with shock. He used one of his hands to yank off his helmet and toss it to the ground with a loud clatter as it bounced then rolled across the floor. His brown eyes glared daggers at me, his hair dishelved and sticking up on-ends from the helmet. I instantly noticed how pale he looked and saw the dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. He looked like pure Hell.
    "I can't believe you, Braden. You're f.ucking around with this bitch while knowing what she does? Darby is missing and I know this bitch had something to do with it. Now my brother--my brother is f.ucking dead because this bitch blew up the station he worked at." Madden wasn't himself. He'd lost it.
    "She had nothing to do with that bombing." I tried to get through to him, but the wild blaze in his eyes let me know he already had his mind set on what he was going to do. "Don't do this, Madden. Think of your wife, your kids."
    "WHY DO YOU THINK I'M F.UCKING DOING THIS?" He suddenly roared, spit flying from his mouth like a deranged animal. "I'm doing this for all the families out there. No one is safe with this psycho bitch running around. Someone has to stop her before she destroys this entire city.  You know, they've sent for that Carter guy who worked in L.A." Madden chuckled and I felt my jaw tighten.  That guy had a record for always getting his man. He was renowned for cleaning up L.A. when the Jamaicans and Mexicans started an all out war in the streets. He was only twenty-eight and already a legend. Now, they've called him in to clean up New York. Now, they've called him in to take down Electra. The burning taste of bile rose up my throat.
    "He's arriving at the airport tonight." Madden continued. "Either I finish her or he does. Either way she's gonna die. Nobody's taking a chance in taking this bitch in alive." My chest tightened and body heated up with fury.
    "You're not a murderer, Madden." I somehow managed to keep my voice calm and collected. He scoffed at my words.
    "It's funny what death does to a man, what he starts to think and feel." He glared at me accusingly.
    "Get out of here and be with your family." I pleaded with him.
    "You better listen to him, blue boy" Electra spoke up from where she stood with her hands raised in the air.
    "Shut the f.uck up and go to Hell, bitch!" Madden growled at her. My eyes fell to the gun he had pointed at her chest.
    "Where do you think I come from?" Electra tilted her head in that creepy way of hers and gave him a crooked smirk that was doubled in the creepy scale by the blood trickling out of her mouth.
    "Madden, put the f.ucking gun down and leave." I warned him again.
    "You gonna kill me, Braden?" Madden bitterly asked.
    "Don't make me." I replied.
    "You're just as psycho as she is. Darby should have never had that shit put in you. Look at what it did to you. You're not even human anymore. Look at what she did to you. She killed Darby, she killed your friends and co-workers, she kills people Braden and you're just f.ucking following her around like some kind of damn dog. Look at yourself!" His words stung, I'll admit. "Don't worry, Braden, once she's dead everything will be better. You'll see, everything will start to get better and the city will be a better place to live in. She's just got to go."
    "Electra's only a small part of the web of problems. She's not as bad as you think." I tried to explain.
    "Do you hear yourself right now? You spent weeks, months trying to catch this bitch and now you're running around with her. She's not a small part of this 'web' because she's the f.ucking spider! That serum has you all f.ucked up in the head and she's taking advantage of that." He spat out and shot a death glare in Electra's direction who looked bored with the entire situation. "I'll make this right though, I'll make her go away and then you'll see." F.uck. Don't do it, Madden. Don't f.ucking do it. Please, please put the damn gun down.
    "Madden--" My words halted when I saw Madden turn to face Electra once again. It seemed like everything slowed down. I could see Electra staring down Madden, daring him while his finger flexed against the trigger. I didn't fully comprehend what I was doing until I felt myself position the gun then press down on the cold trigger.
    The bullet tore through the barrel of the gun I held then bit through the air before it flew into the side of Madden's skull. Blood sprayed from his head as his body fell to the side from the force of the impact. His body hit the ground with a 'thud', the gun he held clattered to the ground. I didn't need to check his body to know that he was already gone.
    I slowly lowered the gun then let it fall from my hands, my eyes never leaving Madden's still body. My body moved towards the body of my friend that was quickly spilling out with his own blood. He was dead. I had killed him. I stopped in front of his body to find his eyes wide open and mouth agape as blood trickled out of it. Already a thick pool of blood was surrounding his head.
    I did this. I killed my own friend. He had a wife and three little girls at home waiting for him. Little did they know that he wasn't coming home tonight or any other night. He was dead and his little girls would grow up without a father because of me. I couldn't let him hurt her though. I couldn't let him kill her. Bile rose in my throat once again.
    Movement from above caught my eye and I glanced up to find the bald bastard on the top balcony looking down at the scene in front of him. That was why Electra was so calm, that was why she didn't carry a gun tonight. She had the place guarded with her own small army of men. None would have let Madden walk out alive. Those cops didn't stand a chance. Madden would have never gotten off a shot at Electra, that bald bastard would have made certain that he didn't.
    She was safe. This entire time she was safe. I had just ruined a family. I had just killed someone I thought of as my best-friend. He wasn't going to go home to his family because of me. I f.ucking killed him. I couldn't stop the bile that spewed from my mouth and hunched over as I emptied all of my stomach contents onto the club floor.
    Cool hands pushed the hair from my face as I continued to cough violently and puke all over the floor. Electra stood behind me as I puked and placed a soothing hand on my back. I brushed her away with my hand without a second thought.
    "Don't--don't touch me right now." I straightened up and looked back at Electra. I caught the hurt in her eyes, but only for a split second before she masked it. Electra gave a small nod, then gave me one last lingering look before she turned and started for the exit of the club. 
    "We need to be going, Braden. Don't take too long." Electra called to me then disappeared into the dark archway of the hall that led out of the club. I looked once more down at Madden's body that was bleeding out onto the cold floor.
    You're not even human anymore.