Chapter~Thirty Disturbing Revelation

"I advise you step outside, Braden," I warned one last time and saw no emotion flicker across his chiseled face. I turned back to Mr. Wayne with a sickly sweet smile on my face when Braden chose not to leave.
"Last chance, Mr. Wayne, where is Montoya working out of?" I asked one last time.
"I'm telling the truth, I don't know," Wayne shook his head frantically. Lies. All lies.
"Very well then," my voice darkened as I reached my hand into the bucket and pulled out a small hand torch. I turned on the hand torch hearing the flame come to life. "Hold him down."

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A DISTURBING SCENE THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE READERS!

~Braden~

    A rat. Electra had a f.ucking rat in a cage. She really was missing a big piece of her sanity. The blowtorch in her hand proved that. She drew closer to the man and I felt my hands clench into fists at my side in anticipation. Electra had said this man was involved in sex trafficking with this guy called Montoya.
    I've never heard of that Montoya guy or this Wayne character, but Electra did. She knew something I didn't, or at least she had convinced herself. Why this was so important to her I didn't know, but she had a storm brewing in her eyes.
    Two of the men that were standing behind a kneeling Wayne grabbed hold of his shoulders and yanked him down to the floor pinning him down by his shoulders.
    "What are you doing? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Wayne yelled in terrified panick. I felt my heart quicken when another man went and kneeled down by Wayne's knees zip-tying his jean-clad ankles together then holding them down.
    "Sven," Electra called out to the tall man who held the caged rat. Sven walked towards Electra whose eyes were focused on the squirming man on the floor and opened the small door to the cage. The man Electra calls Bullseye walked over to where the other men had pinned down Wayne and crouched down to tear open his Hawaiian shirt popping the buttons off his shirt.
    The man's hairy, heaving chest was revealed as well as his obvious beer belly that was covered in a carpet of dark hair. I watched in horrified interest as Sven picked up the squeaking brown rat from the cage and dropped it into the bucket by its long, thick tail. What the f.uck was she going to do?
    Without saying a word, Electra walked over to the man and stuck her hand in the metal bucket picking the squealing rat up by its tail and placed the big ass rodent right on the man's belly. I watched as she placed the bucket upside down over the rat caging him underneath while it still sat on the man's belly.
    "What--what are you doing?" The man's voice quivered in fear as he leaned his head up to look at what Electra was doing. Electra said nothing as she placed her boot on top of the upside down bucket and brought the tip of the blowtorch to the bucket flicking it on once again. An orange and blue flame erupted from its tip grazing against the side of the bucket.
    The mens' hold on Wayne visible tightened as they adjusted themselves to keep him perfectly still as he began to squirm and sweat. What the f.uck was she doing?
    "As the fire heats up the pail, the temperature inside increases. The increasing temperature causes panic in the rat which kicks in its survival instinct. In about five more seconds the rat will begin to do whatever it can to escape the unbearable heat. Thay means, Mr. Wade, that you have less than five seconds to tell me what I want to know before this rat begins to claw and wat away at your abdomen," Electra thoroughly explained and I felt my stomach drop. The damn rat was going to eat right through the man.
    Almost instantly after Electra spoke, Wayne started to scream and helplessly tried to thrash in the mens hold. He violently tossed his head back and forth as he screamed out in pain. His screams sent chills down my spine and caused my heart to hammer in my chest.
    "GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!" The man screamed out frantically.
    "Mmm, are you sure?" Electra asked calmly while the man continued to scream.
    "I'll TELL YOU, I'LL TELL YOU! J-JUST GET THIS F.UCKING THING OFF OF ME!" He screamed. Electra retracted her boot and switched off the blowtorch to tip the bucket over causing it to clatter to the floor. Bile rose halfway up my throat when I saw the gruesome sight in front of me.
    "F.uck," I breathed out when I saw the blood streaked rat sitting on the man's stomach that was a bloody mess. Deep scratches could be made out underneath all the blood as well as a golf ball sized hole that was just above his belly button.
    Sven walked over and picked up the now bloody rat with his gloved hand and placed it back in its cage while Wayne continued to wheeze and bleed out onto the floor.
    "Speak or I'll bring in another pet," Electra snapped in warning. "Believe me when I say you most definitely do not want me to have to do that."
    "He's at--the edge--of the city--some old dog pound--called Lew's. Head east out of town--can't miss it." Wayne wheezed and lifted his head up to see the damage. He whimpered at the sight of his mess of a belly and clenched his eyes shut.
    "Bullseye," Electra said smoothly as she turned around and began walking back to the door. Bullseye reached into his long, black coat and pulled out a black, shiny gun pointing it at Wayne as he stood from where he had been holding down Wayne's legs.
     "He told you what you wanted, now let him go," I tried to reason when Electra stopped in front of me. Her storming eyes of different hues of grey and blue focused on my eyes.
    "If I let this man go he will not only warn Montoya, but he will continue to kidnap young women and girls to sell them into the sex trade," Electra slowly tried to justify her murderous actions. "That man has probably raped more young girls than anyone you've ever apprehended. Letting him go will mean the death of dozens of girls."
    She sounded convincing and all mischief and slyness was gone from her eyes.  She was serious, this was all business to her and by how she spoke it sounded personal. She made it personal for some reason.
    "What do you want me to do, Braden?" Electra asked and I felt the lump that had formed in my throat bob up and down nervously. "Let this one child rapist live and dozens of young girls die or kill him and save dozens of girls from ever having to experience what dozens upon dozens have already experienced?" When she said it like that the answer sounded so clear. Kill this scumbag so that a bunch of innocent girls could live. That's what anyone would do, that was the right thing to do. At least, as right as murder could be.
    "Okay," I said after some time. Electra's eyes held my own as a single gunshot filled the air echoing off of the walls and shaking me to my very core. A man had just died because of my decision. A single word had killed him. Would Electra have him killed anyway if I had told her not to? That I didn't know. What I did know was that the man was dead because I said 'okay'.
    What disturbed me the most was that the guilt tapped at the back of my mind, yet I felt nothing. I knew what Electra did was wrong, it was pure murder, but I found that I wasn't as disturbed as I should be by it. That lack of emotion was what terrified me because I knew at that moment that I was changing. I was becoming something a little more than human,  or maybe...something a little less.

PLEASE VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???