Chapter Thirty~One Montoya's Hideout

A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS A JUST A FILLER CHAPTER. FAR BETTER IS COMING UP....

      "Okay," I said after some time. Electra's eyes held my own as a single gunshot filled the air echoing off of the walls and shaking me to my very core. A man had just died because of my decision. A single word had killed him. Would Electra have him killed anyway if I had told her not to? That I didn't know. What I did know was that the man was dead because I said 'okay'.
    What disturbed me the most was that the guilt tapped at the back of my mind, yet I felt nothing. I knew what Electra did was wrong, it was pure murder, but I found that I wasn't as disturbed as I should be by it. That lack of emotion was what terrified me because I knew at that moment that I was changing. I was becoming something a little more than human,  or maybe...something less.

~Braden~

    My mouth opened and closed during the car ride towards wherever this Montoya guy was, or supposedly was. So many questions and things I wanted to say were floating through my mind at the moment, but I just couldn't get them to come out of my mouth. What I had just witnessed was some of the weirdest and among some of the most twisted shit I had ever seen. The most f.ucked up thing about this all is that I'm not as disturbed or disgusted by what she just did as I should be. I wasn't about to tell Electra that though.
    "Is something on your mind, Braden?" Electra's smooth, darkly placid voice pricked up my ears earning my attention. I turned my head to the side to find Electra's glinting eyes focused on me with absolutely no emotions on her sharp facial features. Her signature smirk wasn't even one her face and that was just not her.
    "No." I answered as I tried to make sense of my thoughts. "I just--I--"
    "You are feeling a little overwhelmed with what you saw, yes?" She asked in a low voice while keeping her eyes drilled into mine. No. I should be, I know I should be telling her off about how psychotic she was back there, but I felt nothing about what I just saw.
    "No," I answered after a few dragging seconds.
    "No?" Electra questioned my answer with a tinge of shock and disbelief in her voice.
    "I'm just not overwhelmed," I quickly added and still saw the suspicion in her eyes.
    "Isn't this the part where you call me a sick, twisted monster and a psycho murderer?" She asked with interest in her voice. It was. I should be calling her those things and more, but I wasn't. I had seen all the bad in her and also the good she kept locked away pretending it wasn't there. Maybe that's why I wasn't so quick to judge her actions anymore, because she saved my ass a few times. Or maybe, it's because I've been injected with a weakened clone of the shit that she was injected with. Maybe it was because I had a little psycho juice in me now.
    "You're not--you're not a sick, twisted monster," I manage to get the words out without sounding like a complete moron.
    "I'm not?" Electra asked and tilted her head ever so slightly to the side with interest evident in her voice.  The small action caused my breath to falter in my chest and heart to skip a beat. She looked so...innocent and alluring when she did that. That simple tilt of her head was cute and f.ucking sexy at the same time.  My Adam's Apple bobbed in the back of my throat and I felt my mouth suddenly grow dry. Just a tilt of the head had me growing hot and bothered.
    "No." I answered and found myself unable to pull away from her magnetic eyes. I didn't want to look away at all. "You're not."
    "You did. You did believe I was before," Electra stated and a gleam showed in her eyes as a small smirk appeared on her lips. "What's changed your mind now?" F.uck, she had me there.
    "You're just not," I slowly replied as I thought over my answer.
    "Well," Electra said as she straightened up in her seat, "I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong then."
    "We're here," Bullseye gruffly informed and I turned my head to look out the window finding us parked alongside an old looking concrete building.
    "You may want to wait in the car, Braden," Electra stated as she opened the SUV door and stepped outside. "Things may get a little heated in there." I ignored Electra's prod and opened the opposite door stepping out into the warm sunlight.
    "How are we going to sneak in there?" I asked Electra when I walked around the SUV and over to where she was standing. Doors could be heard closing behind us as the rest of her men piled out of the other SUV's.
    "We're not sneaking in." Electra replied cooly. "They already know we're here." As if it was rehearsed, men came bursting out of the entrance door brandishing automatics and shouting at us in both English and Spanish.
     "F.uck."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

    "F.uck," Braden cursed under his breath when four of Montoya's men ran out of the hideout poised and ready with guns. My men pulled out there own guns preparing for a standoff and a look of sudden surprise and hesitation flashed across the four men's faces.
    "It's too lovely a day to die, don't you think?" I smoothly asked the men and began walking towards them.
    "Electra," Braden hissed in warning when I continued to approach the four men whose guns were still pointed at us.
    "Why don't you put down your guns?" I suggested and placed the pad of my index finger on the tip of one of the men's guns when I stood directly in front of it.
    "If not, my men will kill you." A wicked, daring smile stretched across my face. "Either way, I will go inside. It's up to you if you want to live to see the next sixty seconds of your wretched lives." Slowly and hesitantly, the four men began to lower there guns one by one. The last one to lower his gun was the Hispanic man whose gun was a meer two inches away from my chest.
    "There now, isn't that much better than having bullets tear you apart?" I asked in a tone that someone would use if they were speaking to a small child.
    "How did you find this place? What do you want?" The man in front of me asked. His heavily laden Spanish accent weighed down each of his words as he cautiously watched me with his wary, dark eyes.
    "I've come to visit Mr. Montoya," I politely informed the man.
    "How do you know of Montoya?" The man asked and furrowed his thick, dark eyebrows. "He has no one coming here." I rolled my eyes and sighed.
    "Take me to him or I will be forced to find him myself," I spoke in a clipped tone. The man said nothing and set his face into a hard expression then turned and began walking back to the door they had came from. I didn't need to look back to know that Bullseye, Braden, and my men were trailing closely behind.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???