Chapter One~Bad Beginnings

"Years of love have been forgot. In the hatred of a minute." Edgar Allan Poe

~Electra~

    Cold. That's what I felt when I first woke in a darkened alley of New York City. My hands were numb and ached from the bitter cold that hung in every corner of the city. Too afraid that people would find me and lock me up in an asylum, I found my home in the many alleys of the city barely finding enough food to keep my organs working.

    I would never subject myself to such hell again. I would rather kill than go to another hell hole again. I had to kill to get away, but I had done it.

    No more endless days and nights in that horrible closet, no more beatings, no experiments and tests, no more being harassed by the older girls, no more having to fend off the male workers. I was finally free. The streets were not a safe place for an eleven year old girl, but I was free.

    The meager clothes that were on my back served as my only protection from the biting cold and this rusty barrel that I lay curled up in stood as my only shelter against the drizzling snow. I was all alone and the odds were most certainly not in my favor.

    Would I live? That I didn't know. I had managed to stay alive this long and I planned to keep on living, even if it meant eating scraps and rats for the rest of my miserable life.

    Miserable, hmm. That was an understatement. I don't believe a word ever written could describe the crapy life of mine. My life was uncertain, I didn't know what awaited for me tomorrow or if I would even be able to see the next sunrise. One thing I was certain of though, the world was going to pay for ruining my life. They were going to get what they deserved. The streets will run crazed in fear and people will no longer be blind to the evils of the world that lie in their backyards. The streets will run red with the blood of those who cause so much misery to others. By my end, the world will know what happens when they create a monster.

I WILL EDIT THIS CHAPTER LATER ON SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND GIVE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT YOU FEEL WILL IMPROVE MY STORY. COMMENT AND IF YOU LIKE IT, POSSIBLY VOTE AND EVEN FAN? I LOVE FEEDBACK SO COMMENT, IT MOTIVATES ME :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME,

~thedarkling