Chapter 3

"I will break you until you plead for death, you evil murderer! I hate the air you breathe. Your shadow and even the ground you step on! I hate that I can't strangle you to death with my bare hands just because you have royal blood. Kill yourself so I won't see you ever again!" He roared as his heavy foot stomped forward, his tone tinged with grief, rage, and pure hatred. But luckily, Laura caught hold of him.

"Don't stress yourself by hitting her. The past sorcerers I brought with me have absorbed all her demonic powers. Another might also come today to also check on her," Laura whispered as she smiled at my father.

My heart tugged in terror at what she just said. I can't take any more torture from her sorcerers, as it seems that's all they do while pretending to exorcise demons from me.

"Get up there! Begin your house chores, you dirty pig!! My daughter should never be late to school because of you!" Dad snorted at me with a disgusting stare that gave me chills. It hurt so bad, especially as he wasn't seeing me as his daughter anymore.

He just called the beta's daughter his daughter.

They both walked away with his arms wrapped around her waist while she leaned on his shoulder. She glanced back halfway and flashed a mocking smirk at me, which churned my belly as i swallowed hard, struggling not to cry again.

~~~~~~

"Mum, Dad, I will be late for school today because of that useless girl, Ella. I don't know why...." I heard, Scarlett, the Beta's daughter, whining, but she paused her words as she noticed me walk into the dining room.

The three were sitting around the table, and the sight brought back some memories; this was the same way I sit with my mother and this father of mine, who was once a good dad.

Things had changed so fast. I am now the maid who serves them instead of sitting down to eat with them. The Beta's daughter has taken my position.

"Here are your foods..." I mumbled with a bow as I distributed it to them, praying silently for the silence and calmness to remain so until I left.

They should all free me from any beating now, so I prayed to the moon goddess, and it seemed to be answered as I shared the plates and turned to leave.

"Ella!" The cold and frightening voice of my father called out my name, and I froze at a spot, feeling like crying. I wish I could just ignore him and walk away. I so much hate standing in front of Scarlett to receive all the humiliations and beatings.

Slowly, I spun and walked closer to them.

"Come and eat this food first. I don't trust you anymore. " he ordered, and I sniffed at my tears as my cheeks flushed red.

I had forgotten that it has always been this way. I was always a suspect to them, while the real culprit - Laura - sits right beside them. Even when he had set up body guards to watch me closely when I cook, he still had to do this to humiliate me and break my heart.

I ate a spoonful of Dad's food, then some from Scarlett, and the moment I got to Laura, she gave me a chilling glare that shook my hands.

Shivering hard, I took the spoon and shoved it into her food, taking out a spoonful too, but the moment I made to dip it into my mouth, she smacked my hand with the back of her palm, causing the stew in the spoon to splatter on my face and straight into my eyes.

"My eyes!!!" I screamed in agony at the peppery pain, which stung so badly that I lost my balance and fell to the ground.

My eyes shut instantly as I groped and screeched loudly, crying out for help. I was begging for water to wash my face, but I heard laughter instead.