Chapter 46

He was backing Randy, who had successfully stood to his feet and was about to launch a deadly attack at him from behind. We both thought he hadn't seen him until my brother took just a single step forward.

Dracula spun swiftly like the wind, and before Randy could see it coming, he flung me hard at him, jamming us together with full force that almost made me pass out as we both crashed and stumbled heavily on the ground.

The intense pain was draining the life out of me as I groaned and coughed out clots of blood. I could feel the joint in my arms had shifted, hurting immeasurably, and I found no strength to cry.

"I'll show you both why I am the Lycan prince here and now!" The thunderous voice of Dracula rumbled in my already sore brain, and I could only shut my eyes and sadly await my death.

Love—or rather, obsession—temporarily blinded me to the fact that I was playing with fire. I was playing around with the most dangerous man ever to live on earth. Every wolf knows he was so cruel and doesn't give a damn about the lives of werewolves.

How did I get the courage to play tricks on him knowing it was a death wish—knowing fully well that someday I might find out and that would be my end instantly.

I could hear his footsteps as he drew closer to me, and each sound of those approaching footsteps made my heart skip a beat. The thought of dying chilled me, and when I opened my eyes slightly to check on Randy, who had promised to protect me, I realized it was all hopeless.

He was just as miserable as I am.

Just at that moment, there was a knock on the door, and I saw how Dracula's glowing eyes went dim, and all the rage burning in him that was like a wild furnace vanished as his eyes went straight to the door.

"Come in, please." He uttered in a very gentle voice that betrayed his vicious Lycan beast appearance.

Just then the door gave way, and Scarlett was the one who stepped in.

Fuck!

Dracula cursed menacingly, growling, his eyes blazing with rage and frustration once more. Scarlett was frozen in terror when she saw Dracula in his Lycan beast form, with me and Randy lying helplessly in the pool of our blood.

She began to tremble and sputter.

"What are you doing, Dracula?"

She was finding it hard to understand the scene, and I wished she would run away now that she had the opportunity, but it just seemed like her legs had been stuck to the ground out of horror.

"You are the one who marked Ella as your slave, huh?" Dracula asked, a menacing smirk appearing on his face as he stalked closer to her. It was at that moment that she knew she had just walked into her own death.

She realized like a bombshell that she should never have stepped foot in the office. Dracula was in his killer mode, and it seemed to be because of just one person. Ella. She was the reason he attacked me and my brother, and she will also be the reason Scarlett might be killing now.

"I...I..." Scarlett was shivering as she managed to raise one of her legs and pull it back, glancing at the door, which was not even slightly opened.

"You and your foolish pack made her life miserable, and she kept crying, going through anguish and misery. Her worthless father, who should have protected her, was the man who stabbed her in the heart. You then had the guts to give my mate that slave mark. How dare you!" Dracula's voice was deadly, and his tone spoke volumes about how extremely enraged he was.

As he spit those words, Scarlett decided it was the right time to dash out and run for her life but just like me, she was underestimating Dracula's strength.