Chapter 16

My blood ran cold and every hair on my skin rose, with shudders running up and down my spine. I stared with popped eyes and my jaw dropped, feeling my hands trembling and my heart racing so fast and hard that it felt like it wanted to break out of my ribcage. 

I started sweating and hoped it wasn't real. Maybe it was someone else that walked in while my eyes were deceiving me, but this wasn't the time to console myself with baseless hopes because it didn't take long before I began to smell his pheremone that signified he was the one for me.

I was shocked, disoriented, and frightened because I had no idea why he was here, and his face wasn't funny at all. He didn't come to my rescue after I heard his voice that day, making me not kill myself and allowing me, his mate, to be marked as a slave to Scarlett without doing anything.

It had been weeks, and he never cared about all the suffering I went through, and he also still believed that I was a demon. What if he didn't want me to commit suicide, so he would do it himself in the most heinous way possible, just as he promised?

The man standing in front of the class was really Dracula, and he was the history teacher who chose to teach this class even when he wasn't assigned here. That means he had been stalking me and finding the right moment to meet me, and this school seemed to be the perfect one.

He must have known I was here in this class, so he made that demand to be our teacher. He told me through mind link that day that we needed each other. What does he mean?

I am just so dazed and confused.

Dracula walked in with an expressionless face, dressed in the same black suit and neatly ironed trousers as every other teacher, his broad chest and muscular body bulging out from beneath his cloth. His short, dark, curly brown hair was combed back to stop at the nape of his neck, adorning his handsome face.

He was undoubtedly charming, sexy, and perfect, but that was for others who had no idea who he was. 

I could already see the female student primping, drooling, and gazing at him lustfully as their eyes all got wet in admiration and desire. They were already loving him based on his physical appearance, but sooner, they would realize the devil was in our midst.

Dracula really looked so attractive, charming, and possessive in his dark suit—the type of man every girl would die to stay in his arms all night.

He wasn't smiling, yet that didn't hide his appealing figure. He looked so handsome today with his five o'clock shadow, and as he stood in front of the class with the ray of the sun radiating slightly on his face, there seemed not to be a hair out of place. 

It was just so unreal to see Dracula, the Lycan prince, standing here in front of me, and I could see Scarlett perplexed too as she fixed her eyes on him. I was sure a lot would be running through her mind, especially the fact that they blew that flute and he didn't show up.

I was afraid, but deep down, I felt a sliver of joy at the sight of my mate again, but how would I know what his intentions were? What if he was here to end my life? What if...

I didn't know what to think of as I stood there at the back of Scarlett, staring at him like every other student. His gaze was just floating in the air without looking at anyone directly, and there was no trace of a smile on his face as usual. I had never seen him smile.

"Please, sir, introduce yourself to them." Everyone except Scarlett and me were taken aback by the proprietor's careful and respectful tone. We already know who he truly was. 

He nodded and turned fully to us this time, with a purely fake and forced smile as his eyes glazed over everyone's faces.

Finally, it met with mine, and I felt cold chills wave through me as I panicked and quickly lowered my eyes to the ground. Those dark brown eyes were so intimidating and mysterious in a way that was grasping my heart and soul, and his sensual and mesmerizing scent was growing stronger, pulling me towards him.