Chapter 56

"So are you all finally realizing how rash and spiteful your actions on the next Alpha had been?" Dracula scoffed, his face still contorted in anger and irritation. I could tell clearly how much he must have hated everyone gathered there. He wasn't a werewolf like us, and after seeing what my pack members are acting like, I am sure he would be highly disappointed in them all.

"I think we are all wrong this time and have allowed hatred to blind us from the glaring truth." The burly man spoke loudly, and it seemed like they were all waiting for him before they all spoke out.

"Yes, we are wrong. Forgive us." They all echoed and sang together, kneeling down in forgiveness. Everyone went down on their knees, but as I gazed around the crowd, I saw one man standing upright, his face cold, and his eyes glinting with pure hatred.

"Hey, you are still proving stubborn?" Dracula seethed at him, and his lips curled into a smirk.

"Laura was right all this time!" He shouted, breaking the silence and pulling everyone's attention to him as they arched their brows, giving him a quizzical look.

"What are you talking about? Are you crazy?" Murmurs rose from every corner; everyone was waiting for an explanation from him, including me.

"If you all knew the true nature of this cunning serpent in front of you, not a single one of you would be on your knees. Instead, you will rather get killed than accept her as your ruler!" He yelled, and the confusion became more unbearable.

Some were already standing to their feet as they awaited a clear explanation.

I stared at the man's face, and there was something odd about him. He doesn't seem to be in his right senses, and I felt a certain way when our eyes met, but I can't point out what was wrong.

"Here is the letter Scarlett gave to me when I caught her fleeing away from this pack like a thief, bruises and deep wounds all over her body like someone that barely escaped a deadly trap, and it is so unbelievable that the person she was running away from was her! Ella! Laura is missing because she ran away to escape the same killer that took the Alpha's life." The man announced it so loud and clear for everyone to hear, his voice reverberating through every corner.

He made his way forward, fearlessly, as he handed the paper that had a blood stain over to the beta, who took it with widened eyes and a shocking look on his face.

"Read it out and expose this demon here. Laura knew that she would use her disapproval to pin her as the suspect, so she gave me this. And I can see she was absolutely right. Laura can't come back to this pack yet because of her. Ella vowed to take her life with the new great powers that the demons had invested in her." The man explained, snorting at me as he shook his bald head in irritation.

The beta unfolded the paper and read it out to the people, each word at a time, clear and vivid. My ears could not believe what they heard. She made it clear that I was the killer. According to her, she had seen me in my demon's form slaying the Alpha and that I attacked her, but she managed to escape.

Just immediately after the letter full of lies was read out, the crowd dispersed amid noises and choas, with everyone saying the same thing, which was for me to leave their pack peacefully. Some were already crying that their lives were all in danger because of my existence.

"Who will save us from this curse?" They kept chanting, old and young, men and women, as they made their way away, while I stood there like a statue, wondering what the hell just happened.

Laura's POV

It had been two days since I came here, and I hadn't met with Drake, who said I should meet him in his chamber at night on the day I first came here. No one had come to take me there or anything. I was just left like a forgotten soul, served by the maids, who would just drop the food and leave almost immediately.