Chapter 17

Scarlet POV

It was unbelievable and so unreal that I was dazed and couldn't move or talk after he left. The school bell rang for break, and I still couldn't leave my chair or make any movement.

The more I thought about it, the more I got confused and dumbfounded. My hand slid down to the school bag on my lap, and I pressed on it slightly to feel the flute in it. The same flute Dracula had given us so we could inform him when we found Ella.

Laura gave it to me so I would try it again here in school to know if it would work, but now what do I have to say? Everything played right in front of my eyes, undeniably.

The Lycan Prince was here in this school, a teacher in this class, and had set his eyes on Ella again. Words can't tell the excitement that brimmed my heart when I saw him walk in. It was like a dream come true, but what happened next made me realize that my fear was actually reality.

I had the feeling that the Lycan Prince still had a soft spot for Ella and intentionally refused to appear after we blew the flute. But I forced myself to push that thought away.

I just realized I was correct!

The prince didn't allow me to ask him a question. He didn't give me any chance and was so harsh, but when Ella made a request, he granted it immediately. Is this a joke?

When he spoke to her, there was no anger or hatred in his eyes. No expression showed menace for her as a demon, and it was all like he lost his memory of who she was.

Gosh!

I couldn't believe it at all.

My head spun to the right, and I saw almost all the girls gathered around Ella. Some boys were also there, asking her different kinds of questions, which I couldn't hear because she wasn't sitting close to me.

Dracula, who claimed to be Jaden, had helped her get her desk. Someone who should have killed her on sight finally appeared and became her helper. This can't just be real!

Even after we lied about the mate bond he was having with her being created by demons' dark magic, he still ended up siding with her today.

Fuck!

I need to meet him and get him back to his senses!

A deep grunt rumbled in my throat as I stood up from the desk and scurried to where Ella was seated with the students around her.

"What charm are you using, bitch!"

"How could he allow you to make a request, which he granted quickly? He told your master not to ask any questions yet. Doesn't he see how bad you look?" 

They kept asking her stupid questions and nudging her to respond whenever she remained silent.

Ella kept replying that she didn't know and didn't expect him to help her. She kept telling them that she just decided to try her luck, but the girls were already burning with jealousy.

They all believed the new teacher, who was undoubtedly very handsome, had found an interest in her. Except for Ella, we all saw how bleak and repulsive he was.

When she spoke, he listened keenly and maintained eye contact without a frown or hateful look. There was every reason to believe Ella had caught his attention, and these students were ready to oppress her for that.

"He will hate you the moment he sees your slave mark, you dirty bitch!" 

"She thinks she belongs here! A pig like her thought she had captured Jaden's heart, yuck!"

I heard one of the female students with red hair snort hatefully at Ella, who let out a little smile and replied. 

"He never said he loved me, neither did I say I captured his heart! What is all this jealousy and envy for? I am a slave and a pig, then why are you all so flustered and insecure? If you all are interested in him, go say it to his face and don't come here spitting on me!" Ella's voice rang out, dripping with sarcasm and mockery all of a sudden. 

The girls were stunned, and her words really worked on them as I saw their cheeks flush red in embarrassment. 

I hissed and walked over to her. My heart was swelling with anger. I really regretted why I brought her to this school. Now I am faced with the sheer reality that Dracula won't be able to kill or even punish her. 

The students all made way for me to reach out to Ella and grab her hand. 

"let's go!" I snapped and pulled her as we headed out of the class while I hung my bag over my right shoulder. 

"Where are we heading to?" She asked as soon as we exited the classroom, but I was still fuming uncontrollably that I couldn't respond. Even to look at her face was hard for me. 

I was sure by now she already knew the ultimate plan to get her killed by the Lycan Prince had totally failed.

With a quick pace, I hurried through the hallways, asking for directions to get to the staff block, where I guessed Dracula would be since he was one of the teachers here. 

I'm not sure why the powerful Lycan Prince has descended to the level of a common teacher here, and the only reason that kept popping into my head was so annoying and irritating that I forced myself not to believe it.

For real, it can't and shouldn't be possible that Dracula became a teacher just to meet Ella again. Fuck that useless speculation. 

We finally got to the staff room where he was, and you won't believe Ella had cheesy smiles on her face. She just saw "History Teacher" written at the top of the door. 

"You were really taking me to my mate." She crooned in happiness, and I gave her a death glare. 

"You think he isn't here to kill you. So hilarious and stupid of you. You should be scared now that I am taking you to meet him in his office-away from other eyes. He will shred you to pieces." I retorted, snickering in a taunting tone, trying to make her get frightened, but she gave me a wry smile and placed her hand on the door knob. 

"We are taking much time. Let's go in, quick!" She grinned, winking at me with excitement glinting in her eyes like bright stars in the clear sky of the night, while I stood there, gawking at her. 

She turned to the door and knocked. At first, we heard no response, so she knocked again. 

"Who is there?" His rough and unfriendly voice screamed at us, as if the knock had bit him.

Ella kept quiet, so I had to speak.

"It's me, Scarlet. I came to..." 

"Get out. I don't accept students coming to see me in my office. Any questions or chats are only allowed in the classroom when I teach." He cut in before I could go any further, his voice dripping with anger and irritation. 

I hissed at him, snorting in frustration at how he was sounding. How could he act up as if he doesn't recognize me anymore. He won't even allow me to enter his room. 

Fuck you! 

I cursed under my breath and was about to leave when Ella spoke out. 

"I am with her. Can you let us in, please? I think she has something important to say to you." Her voice crooned in as she gave me a cheeky smile.

There was silence, and I was gawping at her mockingly.

"You must be rating yourself too highly. You think he'd open the door after what you said? Gosh! I knew you were dumb, but I didn't realize it was this deep." I scoffed, and grabbed her hand roughly as I turned to leave, but just then, we heard the clinking of keys and the creaking of the door. 

We were backing the door, and at that sound, we both swirled, and there he was—Dracula, standing at the door post and staring back at us. He really opened the door after hearing Ella's words.

"Come in and say whatever you have to say. Briefly!" He snapped at me, and it was like I got a panic attack instantly as I stood transfixed, wondering how real it was.