Chapter 28

"Me?? I make you complete when you are with me? How? When did it all begin? You never cared about me before, now? For three days after you told me about your curse, you didn't say anything else to me or act like I existed whenever you came to the class to teach." I whined, and he chuckled, still maintaining an intent stare at my lips as if he were searching for something in them.

"I was only torturing myself, thinking I could live without you," he mumbled, lowering his head a little before returning his gaze to me and sending those sweet smiles that made my eyes wet again.

I glanced around, and everyone in the restaurant was peering at us as if we were some kind of aliens. I was sure they were still finding it hard to believe a slave like me was sitting with Dracula, or, rather, Jaden, the history teacher, as they all believed.

It was also confusing to me because I didn't expect his love or affection. He was someone I was afraid to meet and dreaded his presence because I was expecting him to kill me for being a demon, as my stepmother lied.

"That slave mark beside your neck would disturb me when marking you. Who the hell gave you that?" He growled, his eyes glowing red in rage that seemed to be building from the inside. His tone had suddenly changed when he asked that question.

"You planned to mark me?" I exclaimed, as that was the part that stunned me the most. How would he mark me when we both knew it was only a matter of weeks before he would slay me like the others.

"I plan to marry you. Tell me who did that to you! Who the hell left that scar on my wife?! Is it Scarlet?" He fumed, his fists curling together as he gritted his teeth angrily.

I didn't know why I smiled. He was in that mood that I was always scared of, trying to find a way to escape, but that was all in the past.

The last time he was this angry was when I called him my mate through mind link. He pounced on me furiously, warning me never to mention that again. But that same rage was now bringing smiles to my face because it was no longer meant to hurt me but to protect me this time. 

"The last time you were this enraged was when I called you my mate. So terrifying to see you attack me in such fury." As I sighed, his eyes dimmed and every tense muscle relaxed as he gave me a sorry look.

"I was a fool. I hate myself for that every day. Every time the thought that I hurt you crossed my mind, it felt like a spear was thrust into my heart. Ella, I am so sorry for that day. Every second, I was hostile and causing you pain, I am extremely sorry...please forgive me." He poured out and was going down to his knees.

As if I were stung, I jumped from my chair and rushed over to lift him up, my eyes darting through every corner of the restaurant, hoping no one saw what he almost did. 

How the hell would the almighty Lycan prince kneel to beg me for forgiveness? Is this an illusion? 

"Dracula, please..." I whispered, shaking my head at him as he obliged and stood. My hand was clasped with his when I pulled him up, but after he had stood, he still refused to free my hand, so we were standing right in front of each other, our faces a few meters apart, as we both gazed into each other's eyes.

At that moment, I forgot where we were, and it was as if the world came to an end, leaving just the both of us in an empty world with no one else. It was as if I were floating on cloud nine, as his beautiful eyes grasped my whole heart and locked me into the deep ocean of his passion.

I was lost and couldn't breath well. My heart was racing uncontrollably as my lips went slightly apart at my gasp. He wrapped one of his arms around my slender waist and pulled me closer to himself. I gasped, blinking rapidly, at what was happening.