Chapter 36

My blood ran cold as I froze in horror staring at the man in front of me. Those eyes glowing red with the potent scent of demons battering my nose made me realize the trouble I had put myself in. His voice was so deep and reeked of evil, which chilled me as I stared back, my lips trembling with no words coming out.

"It's good you fell into our trap so easily." He smirked, moving his hand to my face and flicking the strands of my hair that were on my face aside.

The raven-haired man was huge, even in his sitting position, and the aura that he was emanating was something so intimidating and destructive. My bones and muscles were all weakened, and all my strength had been sapped, so that I couldn't even make any movements other than to sit there and peer at him.

He was a demon, and I could tell he wasn't just any kind, but one of the high ranks. He was dressed in a dark suit and trousers like a normal shifter, and it was clear he had been tracking my locations and stalking me. He really got hold of me at the right moment.

As his hand touched my skin, my wolf leaped and began to howl. My body shivered uncontrollably, and an ominous sensation ran through every part of my skin. The hairs around my neck rose as my instincts all screamed danger. That is what happens whenever a real demon touches a werewolf.

It was a werewolf survival instinct, which gives werewolves the power to send alarms to their packs and inform them immediately of the demon's presence. This could help them come to his or her rescue and also set up more protection and guards around their boundaries, but I was different.

That link had been cut off. My pack cut these ties with me because they feared I could use them to set them up for destruction. Since they all believed I had bonded with the demons, I wasn't allowed the privilege of seeking help from my pack when in the demons den.

"Wow, you look so much smaller than I imagined in my head. How can you be the almighty Ella to destroy us?" He squinted his eyes, scanning my face as if he were looking for the answer there. His face was close to mine, and it was shooting more terror of death inside me.

I developed clammy hands, and beads of sweat covered my forehead under the air conditioned car. My breath was bursting out as I kept gulping and blinking my eyes instinctively.

He croaked and leaned back to his chair, making a sign for the driver to zoom off, which he obeyed without wasting any time.

The man has a dangerous face with stubble, and his red eyes are what make him more terrifying. I was drained of my strength just by his powerful aura. It forced me to subject myself to him, and now, as I sat timidly in the car, all I could think of was what my fate would be now that the demons had me in their possession.

It all felt like a nightmare once again. As he sat back on his chair without looking at me while the car drove at high speed, I kept a straight face. Silently, I was whispering to myself that it wasn't real. It was real that the demon, who badly wanted my death so they could rule, had finally captured me.

"You refused to kill yourself. Why?" He suddenly broke the silence that had lingered in the car. My throat was dry, and at the sound of his voice, I cringed. His face grimaced into a deep frown, and anger was all I saw when I glanced at his face.

"I want to live; that's why. I want to be alive like everyone else." I replied silently, not sure if he heard me. My voice seemed to be fading with each word.

He sniggered as if I just said the most stupid thing, and even with the rearview mirror, I could see the driver sneering at me.

"Don't you think your mother knows what is best for you? She gave you her last instruction, and that's what you should follow, little girl. Kill yourself, and you won't have anything to lose." His raspy voice shot into my ears, and the mention of my mother made my heart ache with guilt as I lowered my head with tears welling up in my eyes.