Chapter 29

His touch was magical, and the sensation was out of this world. I was just smiling wide as I stared at our hands clasped together like newlywed couples.

"Ask me anything, my love." He muttered, and my heart skipped a beat at the sound of him calling me his love. I felt more loved and protected than I had ever felt since I was born. All my past suffering and pain vanished from my memory, and I felt like a queen. The inborn royalty, which had been suppressed for years, returned.

I could feel my aura and noble essences oozing through my skin and spreading around me. The smile that formed on Dracula's face at that moment made me realize he had felt it too.

"I hate everyone who hurt you, and with your permission, I will make them pay dearly for everything they did to you. Before then, I want to be open to you. There should be no secrets between us—just two lovers who know each other's hidden pasts and secrets. Not sure if I know how to love, but I am ready to learn so I can give you the best that you deserve." He cooed, his eyes shimmering with a lot of emotion.

"So you are in an interrogation. Sit tight." I deadpanned, giggling while he laughed hard, adjusting his position on the chair and placing both hands on his lap.

His eyes were all over me, filled with admiration and desire. He was gazing at me like I was some kind of fantasy playing right before his eyes.

"Why did you come here as a teacher? What prompted the Lycan prince to stoop so low as to be a mere teacher, change his name, and act like a nobody? When did you change your mind not to kill me after hearing that I was a demon." I began, and he cleared his throat, smiling cheesily.

"The moment I stepped away from that pack, I realized it was all lies. I found myself struggling to believe what they said, but every attempt was useless as I kept thinking about you. I kept thinking about what you would be going through. My heart was sure you were the one for me, and all those stories about you being a demon from Laura were all framed. I can't explain it, but I knew it was a lie." 

"When the flute was blown, why didn't you come in and save me? You allowed them to mark me as a slave, and I was tortured, beaten, and mistreated terribly. Yet you didn't show up or make any attempt to save me. I hoped in you and didn't take my life, but you vanished." My voice was cracking this time.

It was just replaying in my head the sort of heartbreak and intense pain of betrayal I had felt back then. He really abandoned me.

"I didn't abandon you. I was fighting with my demons. Day and night, I ask myself what I intend to do with you in the future. I ask myself why I am falling deeply in love with you against my wishes. I didn't want you dead, but I knew I would still kill you. I was lurking around but couldn't show up or save you because I was scared every time I faced you, knowing that I would have to slay you in a few weeks..." He paused and took a deep breath, looking away sadly.

"What is your plan now?" I asked, and he turned back to me with a bright smile. 

"I finally realized the best decision for my curse, which was the ultimate solution! That was why I returned to meet you. The decision is to end my life with yours!" He squealed like a small child who just saw his mother bring his favorite lollipop. 

His eyes were glistening with pure excitement, and I could only stare in shock, wondering if I heard him right. Maybe my ears had deceived me, I reasoned, because it was difficult to believe he would say such a thing with such joy.

It was unbelievable that he even called it the solution to his curse. Who was I to make the Lycan prince kill himself? I wasn't the first mate he had had.

"Dracula, do you know what you're saying? How will you do that? You are the Lycan prince and heir of the great Lycan kingdom, you still know that?" I almost shouted but remembered we were in the restaurant.