Chapter 49

As we both made our way to the inner chamber where the alpha was, my heart grew heavy and tears almost dropped out of my eyes. The choking smell of the demon was all over my head, and his presence was crawling my skin as it drifted my mind back to the past when my life was normal.

Those moments when I was an innocent young girl with friends and family that loved and cared for me. I was beautiful, loved, and protected by my parents. I had dreams for my future. That amazing happily ever after that I read about in novels. It was what I envisioned my future to be like since my parents told me I wouldn't take over their place as spies since they could never watch their daughter live in fear just like them.

All that was left was to find my mate. The man who would make my life a bed of roses and take me into that paradise of love and affection. I always think of it and won't stop imagining how great and heartwarming it would feel, but Alpha Darren crushed that dream.

He broke me into pieces and swept me into the trashcan; my entire life was turned upside down, and the once happy and innocent girl became something no one would wish to be.

He made me become my own nightmare, which hunts me all the time.

"The demon king is sorry for all you went through." I heard the demon beside me speak out, and it made me flinch a bit as I turned my face toward him with a narrowed gaze.

I couldn't get what he just said, although I heard it, I didn't think he was talking to me.

"The demon king did what?" I questioned through mind link since we were walking through the hallways where some bodyguards were positioned. I won't want them to see and hear me talking to myself since they aren't seeing the demon man walking beside me.

"He sent me here to make sure I helped you take your revenge on Alpha Darren as much as you wanted. Kill him in the most gory and gruesome way you wish, including anyone else. It had restored your powers. Even if we fail to kill Ella, it shouldn't stop you from taking revenge on the evil man who assassinated your parent." He replied, and I was stunned and confused at all he just said.

I tried asking him why the demon king cared and had empathy for me, because that was the last thing anyone would expect from him, adding that I was just a poor werewolf who fought her way through tortures to be among them.

"This is surprising. So he is allowing me to take my revenge without completing my task? He gave me back all my powers when I hadn't....".

"No more talks. We are here already. Go in there and mutter the magic spell to clear your disguised face and make him see you with your real face. You have the power to destroy him in you now." He coaxed and smiled calmly at me. I nodded, happiness threatening to burst out of me. It was like a dream as I placed my hands on the door knobs.

I could feel the dark powers surging through my veins as I pushed the door open. I walked into the alpha's chamber, my heart beating with excitement and dark magic coursing through my veins, triggering me to kill someone as soon as possible.

It was a great feeling of excitement to be able to have my revenge now, and I won't care to die anymore after I made the Alpha pay for my parent's deaths.

I could hear his loud gulps  and yelps as I made my way into the large sitting room.

I spotted him on the couch with empty bottles of liquor on the floor and some on the table as he held a decanter of liquor in his hand, taking swigs from it, grimacing at every gulp without glancing at me. He seemed so lost that he couldn't notice my presence.

His usually sharp features were now softened, his eyes bloodshot and glassy. His hair was a mess, looking like he had run his hand through it repeatedly. As I got closer, I noticed that his shirt was wrinkled and all the buttons were gone, baring his broad chest and slightly protruding stomach.

He had been here for almost an hour since the pack sorcerer confirmed who Ella really was—the girl from the moon goddess, destined to save the werewolf race from extermination.

He was in pure regret and guilt, afraid to face the reality of his wickedness toward Ella. He was hurt so much to realize he was the stupid one all this time, blaming Ella's for the death of his Luna when she was just fighting against demons planning to destroy the pack. Ella's powerful return had come as a big shock to him, and he now knew Ella was not a demon as he thought.

The great diviner that he summoned had just confirmed it. She had made it clear to him that Ella's presence in the pack had been what had stopped the demons from attacking all this time.

He was really pained to find out, so late, that Ella was a gift from the moon goddess to save his pack, yet he went as far as torturing her daily, making her a slave for the Beta's daughter and turning her life to hell. it was like his eyes had cleared, and he now knew how evil and wicked he was to his only daughter.

He was getting drunk to feel better. There was no need to repent now because he won't live to see the fate of this pack.

"Hey," I called out, and he looked up slowly as if his head was heavy to carry. As he spotted me, a smile crossed his face.

"Laura, my love. We have to beg Ella for forgiveness. Scarlett had to beg too. We won't want to be her enemy before she crushes us like ants beneath her sole" He spoke to me with sadness in his eyes, telling me how much he regretted it, but it was all too late for him.

"I am here to kill you in the most gruesome and painful way." I snapped, growls rumbling inside my chest, and I watched as what I said hit him like a bomb. The cup in his hand fell off, and the alcohol I thought had made him hazy fell off.

"What did you say?" He fired back in readiness to fight. I could feel his Alpha's aura filling the air as he stood in his towering height, staring at me with those dark brown eyes, which were darker in rage now.