Chapter 25

Three days have passed, and Laura hasn't said anything about Ella to me. She didn't come up with any plans and acted normally as always. I also acted calm, and while fear was brooding inside me every day, I still succeeded in bottling it all inside me and making sure no one, especially my father, knew what I was going through.

Every night I lay in bed and close my eyes, only to be faced with nightmares of demons chasing after me. Each time, I would be sprinting through the forest and wood, gliding my way to escape, only to end up at the end of a cliff.

They would all rush over to me with blood running through their mouths and spilling around the ground just like vampires, grunting and clawing at me dangerously.

Only when they were about to devour me would I jump up from the bed with a sharp scream of horror, sweating profusely while my entire body wouldn't stop trembling all through that night. I couldn't sleep because of the nightmares, but I had to come out of my room and act as if everything were fine and happy.

The fear of Laura was growing so wild that I always went numb anytime she set her eyes on me. My eyes would glance through the ring on her finger, and I would remember that for the first time in my life, I was being controlled.

I had been subjected to her will and would do just about anything she ordered for the fear of passing through that heart-wrenching pain which could easily take my life..

The Alpha had no idea what was going on because I was good at hiding them all. I needed no soothsayer to know that it would be suicidal to ever expose Laura. I really don't want to die yet, not without a mate, or my dream life of romance and intense love from my soulmate.

I was just 17 and too young to die. According to Laura, she would spare me if I cooperated with her, so that was definitely what I was going to do, and I was only waiting for her order. Anything she has planned to do against Ella, I won't hesitate to join.

This is my fate, I guess.

It was another morning, a new day to get prepared for school with Ella, who everyone seemed to be tired of maltreating. She is living a quite better life now as the Alpha seems to be occupied with a looming war and conflict with the rogues, while Laura always stays indoors and barely talks to her.

I myself, on the other hand, was already feeling so much guilt because I knew it was only a matter of time before Laura would come up with something that would shock the hell out of me. She looked so convinced of she had come up with this plan that would end Ella's life in the blink of an eye. Ella would definitely be confused at how everyone gave her a breathing space, including me and Laura.

It was only in school that she faced bullying and derisive insults from the students who had actually hated her so much for being the closest student to Dracula. It was like it was annoying to them that Dracula treated her nicer than others. I also had that hatred and jealousy for Ella, but now I know she was the savior of the werewolf pack.

I wished I could stop anyone from hurting her by letting them know who she truly was, but I was too scared. I was afraid that I might end up exposing Laura. My life was no longer in my hands, so I just had to be careful with whatever I said or did. A miserable way of living.

"What are you thinking, little girl?!" I heard Laura's voice from behind and flinched, turning to her sharply as I blinked rapidly, my head going blank at her gaze on my face.

I was terrified but couldn't put my finger on what it was. Her presence around me was choking my breath so much that I thought I would faint right there. Each time my eyes saw her face, I was reminded of her true nature and the evil plan she had in store for this pack.