Chapter 26

"Your father and foster brother will be here soon. We will be heading to the Lycan Kingdom as a special guest of honor." My mother added, and I exhaled gleefully, turning over to the mirror hanging beside my bed.

As I gazed at my elegant appearance staring back at me, I couldn't hold back the cheesy smiles that went all over my face. In my head, I could imagine the Lycan prince standing behind me with his strong arms wrapped around my waist while I felt his hot breath glazing my neck.

"So, we are now special guests to the great Lycan king." I giggled, biting my lower lips softly as I blinked my eyes seductively, admiring how stunningly beautiful I was.

My life was something close to perfect as the Alpha's daughter because everything I wanted was delivered to me on a platter of gold. I never lacked anything, as my parents were ready to do everything possible to fulfill all my wishes.

I was 17 when I first saw Dracula, the Lycan prince. On that day, I accompanied my mother to answer an emergency call from the Lycan king.

My grandmother from my mother's side was a witch doctor who had the gift of healing, and that special ability was transferred to my mother. In our pack, we were well known for our expertise in healing with the use of herbs.

It was a gift from the moon goddess, but my mother was the greatest doctor because she had the gene of a witch and could equally use magic spells and witchcraft to cure illness and cleanse poison.

It was this ability that gave us the unspeakable chance of ever setting foot in the Lycan kingdom, which was forbidden to the werewolves. The Lycan sees us as pups who aren't in their league, and the last thing they ever wanted was to have any kind of relationship with us. We disgust and irritate them, but my mother's healing prowess gave her and we, her family, the chance to walk into the Lycan kingdom and inside their magnificent palace.

She goes with my father, the Alpha, and together they help the Lycans cure illness, dissolve poison, and treat disease, yet with those aids, we were never treated like human beings. All my father's effort to get the Lycan King to be his friend was futile.

That day, my father wasn't healthy, so I was the one who followed my mother. Inside the glamorous palace, the powerful Lycan prince sat on his noble throne.

It was love at first sight. He captured my heart with everything about him, and at that very moment, when he gave me a short glance, I lost it all. My brain had gone blank, and my mouth was agape as I froze in a daze, mesmerized by the perfection and handsomeness of the man in front of me.

But his face was void of smiles or tender emotions. He looked cold and unfriendly. When I waved at him, he didn't even act like he saw me, yet I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I had fallen in love and was dying as a result of the unrequited, one-sided love. Day and night, I cried and begged my parents to help me out. This was the only wish they couldn't fulfill, and I was almost shattered. After troubling them for over a year, they came up with a plan.

My mother, who had been a half witch who dissolved poisons and cured diseases, now began to learn forbidden witchcraft and dark magic, which she used to create different kinds of evil objects as part of the preparation for the future war to take over the werewolf kingdom.

She found an ancient way to transform and take the form of someone else, and that was exactly how she was able to guise as the tea maidservant to poison the natural leaf that would be used to make morning tea for the Lycan king

The last part of the plan was just carried out by my father, who was to rush back to the Lycan King's palace with my mother and stop the King from drinking the tea.

We suceeded.

My mother's and father's sleepless nights finally paid off.

I sniffed my tears of joy while staring at my overjoyed mother behind me in the mirror.

"We will be heading to the Lycan kingdom in the next hour. The king will be giving you a royal token and letter to deliver to Dracula." My mother chortled, and we both laughed happily.

Just then, the door creaked and opened, so we both turned to the door, and I saw my father stride in with my red-haired, stony-faced foster brother beside him.

Dad was grinning, with emotions of joy and satisfaction brimming in his eyes, while my half brother maintained an emotionless face with his hand dipped inside his pocket.

He looked more like a bodyguard with his muscles and blank face. Not like he was the smiling or cheerful type. I knew he rarely smiled, but I thought today would be different since we were celebrating a huge achievement.

As he stood tall beside my father, I couldn't help but imagine how much strenuous training and hard labor he would be going through to become the kind of man my father had planned for him. His life was different, and he had to be programmed in a special way so he could be the next heir to the throne.

"Dad, so it's true... The Lycan king has accepted me to be his son's future wife and queen!.." I laughed happily, limping up as I hugged him tightly.

"He has no choice. In his and many other people's eyes, I saved his and his mate's lives.The tea maiden is dead, and her body was thrown in the evil forest. Her three young children were also slaughtered, while her husband will be a slave forever. He asked me to mention any favor I wanted. I didn't hesitate to plead for a family relationship. " Dad chirped, and I took a deep breath of relief and thrill.

It was as if I were on cloud nine, and all that filled my head was the imagined scene of romance between me and the Lycan prince.

I broke the hug and darted my eyes toward my foster brother, who was still standing like a statue, flicking his eyes around.

"Why aren't you happy?!" I whined, and his brows furrowed together.

"Who says I am not happy? Wow! I am very elated to hear you will be having your dream man while we also gain more powers by merging with the Lycans." He spoke out in his deep baritone, which was really pleasing to the ears.

As I peered at his handsome face and manly figure, I pitied the lady who would be his mate. His heart is cold, and love was the last thing on his mind. He is like a robot designed to please my father by becoming more powerful with a lot of hard work and training. Love was absurd to him.

My foster brother, Randy, is 22 years old, and has that rough, dirty brown hair with dark brown eyes and a ripped, tattooed body. His eyes are always dim and void of emotion after he has passed through hell to be qualified to be the next Alpha.

His name is Randy, an orphan picked up by my father from the roadside after he ran away from the motherless baby home where he was staying. We later realized that his reason for running was because he killed three of the workers there who always humiliated, mocked, and spit on him out of sheer hatred.

Although he wasn't the only one treated badly, his heart was different. He is dangerous and doesn't restrain himself from killing.

That was the type of man my father desired, and he proved to match his utmost desire. He was 12 years old when he picked him up, and now everyone except me and my parents dread him.

"We will be heading over to the Lycan kingdom soon to get a direct approval letter from the king to save you from Dracula's blow when you touch him. You know Dracula is far more dangerous, cruel, and powerful than your brother." Dad deadpanned, and Randy gave him a rolling look, hissing silently.

"He is a Lycan. And that's the only difference!" He shrugged, twitching his nose as he twirled toward me.

"We will be starting that school very soon. There will be no mercy for anyone from that pack. Permit me to kill anyone who tries to drag Dracula along with you. I can see how much you love this guy, so I promise to do everything possible to make him yours." He cooed with that brotherly, reassuring smile that comes once in a while.

"And I hope you find your mate there in that school and fall in love.
You're far too adorable to resist. Girls will undoubtedly rush you." I teased with a chuckle, and all the smile on his face vanished as he scoffed and turned away from me.

My eyes flashed to the clock, and I smiled, seeing it was less than an hour before I would meet the Lycan king.