Chapter 8

"Help me tell that Lycan prince that I am not a slave. Tell him to stop calling me a slave. I am a princess, for fucking sake!" I whined as the guard dropped me carelessly on the bed inside my room, frowning all over his face.

"I hope I am not the one you are talking to!" He sneered and turned toward the door to leave.

"Who else is here! You heard him call me a slave, and he equally told you to take me to my duty post. Go and correct him before he goes searching for me at the mines and tunnels where slaves work!" I spoke to him loudly because he was already close to the door, and what I said caused him to pause and spin toward me, his face filled with confusion and shock.

But the confusion looked like it had cleared off, and he chuckled.

"Don't you think I was helping you by bringing you here? The Lycan will only search for you to kill you, but won't see you in the mines. You are lucky not to be a slave!" He hissed, wiping his nose.

"No. He likes me." I cooed, and his eyes widened, and he squinted back as his sneering looks deepened.

"You must be a clown. A big dreamer to think that way. I swear you are so lucky he didn't kill you in that garden, but that shouldn't make you think the luck will last forever. If you don't stay away from him like others, he will slit your throat and feed on your heart." He warned and walked away, shutting the door.

Maybe I was really a big dreamer, but this would be the first time I believed so much in my dreams. None of them knew we were mates, and Dracula doesn't want anyone to know because he doesn't want to accept or reject me. 

It only meant there was hope, and someday I would be able to melt his icy heart and get him to love me. Even when this hope seemed so bleak, It would someday become reality. I hoped so.

Everywhere was dead silent, like no one was living in the building, so I had to lie back on my bed and rest. Scarlett must have gone to school, and the Lycan presence made others, including my father, forget about me.

I didn't know I fell asleep till I woke up to see everything dark. My eyes peered through the darkness while I traced the bulb switch with my fingers till I got it.

I turned on the light, and the first place my eyes went was the clock. 

"What!" I gasped as I saw it was 11:35 p.m.1:35pm. I felt heavy, and my eyes bulged, showing I had slept for so long. something I hadn't done since my life changed.

I yawned and stretched my body before leaving the bed. I rushed to the bathroom and took my bath before picking up a casual blue gown, which I put on before heading to the door.

My head was hazy as I wondered what was wrong. Like, how did everyone allow me to sleep since the afternoon until now without any disturbance? I didn't cook or serve any food, and Scarlett would have returned from school, yet she didn't come to my room to ask for her food, which I do serve her each day she returns from school.

All these were unusual, and I could only guess it was the influence of the Lycan. They were all acting on their best behavior because they knew he would be staying only for this night.

I turned the door knob to open the door, but it didn't bulge. The door was locked. My brows furrowed because I knew I didn't lock the door before dozing off, and that meant someone came into my room.

My eyes darted to the top of the cupboard, where I had always kept my keys, but there was nothing there. All keys were gone, and my door was locked, meaning I wouldn't be able to leave.

Who did this?

I muttered to myself as I felt a sharp pang and the grumbling of hunger in my stomach. Instinctively, I kept twisting and knocking on my door, but there was no single response, and no noise could be heard outside.