Chapter 51

"Where are we going to, now?" I asked in a chirpy tone, beaming uncontrollably as we trod through the forest, moving under a force that hid us from being seen by others.

"To the demon cave," he responded without looking at me; his focus was on his path as he hastened up.

"So I won't be staying in this pack anymore? I am leaving already?" I furrowed my brows, waiting for a quick answer. He took a deep breath and glanced at me briefly before turning his gaze back to the path.

"I don't know. I really don't know. The demon king wants to see you. He is running out of patience."

"What?!" I gasped, thinking I was in danger, but what he said next left me stunned and dumbstruck.

"I think he misses you. He can't wait any longer." 

My jaw dropped as his words rang in my head repeatedly, sending some kind of chill down my spine. Or was I overthinking something else?

"Hey, he misses me? How, please? Am I in danger?" I questioned, my voice slightly above a whisper as I held his hand in fear.

"Just shut up and ask everything to the demon king. I don't have the strength to talk. Meanwhile, you should also know that we are still losing since Ella is still alive. I used my spell to create a letter written in the Alpha's handwriting. Guess what I wrote there?" He smirked, and I let out a short gasp of curiosity. 

"Please tell me." I breathed, tugging on his arm.

"I might be dead before this letter is seen. Whoever sees this should show it to the world and let everyone in this pack know that my killer was my own daughter because of the grudge she has against me. You all should reject her as your next ruler!" That was what I wrote." He narrated, a smug look plastered all over his face, as I gaped in amazement.

"This will hit her like a bomb. She can have all the powers in the world, but she won't rule the people who will all reject her. This time around, the plan to destroy Ella won't be physical but mental. The torture will come from the inside, a place where her weakness lies." His face lit up with a smile, and I was just so happy to hear this.

"I poisoned the Beta's daughter. She will die very soon. Who will rule, then?" I mumbled, and he laughed out and gave me a mischievous smile that shows how cunning he was. 

"Time will tell." That was all he said before we both went silent again, Only the sound of the whirling breeze could be heard as we sped through different paths till we finally got to the big cave hidden in the heart of the forest, a place where no living creature lived. It was all eerie around it, and there was a great force that could kill any intruder even before they could get near.

He had to make some incantations before we were allowed in freely. The cave looked small from the outside, but inside it was a very large opening, vast enough to contain thousands of demons.

My heart suddenly began to pound in my chest as we climbed down the stairs that led to the underground, which was like another village on its own.

We were given horses, and that is what took us to the Demon King's abode.

My eyes roamed around every corner and land occupied by different kinds of demons, and it was bringing back my past memories. During those times, I went through hell just to be accepted as one of them.

Every demon we passed gave me unfriendly looks. Most of them didn't like the idea of having a werewolf among them. They dislike me for being one of the creatures they hate the most. I just hope they get used to my face here because I was never going to go back to living as a werewolf. Here is my new home.

We alighted when we got to the demon king's castle and went in, heading to the palace.

After what seemed like an eternity, we got to the door of the Supreme Palace. The door was massive and made of iron, with intricate carvings depicting scenes of horror and suffering. I was scared to face the demon king, a man who was no different from the devil in being evil and ruthless.

Right in front of my eyes, I had watched him kill many in a gruesome way that almost made me puke. He has no restraint, and his anger issues are beyond anything you could think of.

"You don't have to be afraid." He shrugged, his face having a weird expression.

The door was opened at that moment, and after all these years since I left this demon cave, I was faced once again with Drake, the demon king, and the intimidating force that surged from his throne threw me to the ground as I fell to my knees and down on my head in a bow.

"Hail, demon king! Your lowly and obedient servant, Laura, is here." I spluttered, sweating and trembling in fear. The air was thick with the scent of incense, which adds to the ominous atmosphere, and I was feeling unease creep over me.

"Get up and let me see your face." His deep, menacing voice rumbled, cutting into my head as I stood abruptly, gazing at him straight in the face, causing terror to shake me uncontrollably.

The Demon King sat upon his throne, his towering form casting a dark shadow over the grand palace hall.

His skin was a deep shade of obsidian, and his eyes glowed with an intense crimson light. His horns curved menacingly from his forehead, and his sharp fangs glistened in the flickering candlelight.

He wore a regal robe of midnight black, adorned with intricate gold embroidery that sparkled in the dimly lit room. As he peered back at my face with a calculating gaze, the very air I was breathing seemed to grow heavy with an oppressive aura of malevolence and power.

My legs shook and sweat covered my face at this sight. It wasn't my first time seeing him, but each time I faced him, I was still always frightened.

"How are you?" I broke the silence with that question, which I really didn't know if it was directed at me or someone else, but I just nodded. 

"Are you done taking your revenge on that dickhead Alpha?" He scoffed, and I mouthed a yes, as I had suddenly lost my voice in fear.

"You really don't have to be terrified. Your attitude now might annoy him!" The second in command demon which had led me all this time, leaned in to my ear and whispered  before heading to the throne and sitting right beside the demon king.

"Aren't you happy?" Drake asked with a frown on his scary face, but his tone wasn't that menacing again.

"I'm sorry to ask, but I wasn't done with my mission, and you allowed me to have my reward of taking revenge with your powers." I blurted out my confusion, and he chuckled with his rough voice, making it sound croaky.

"I have my reason. Meanwhile, we still have to find a way to kill Ella. We have to do that so we can rule their territory. It would be so great and overwhelming to leave this stuffy cave and spread into their land, becoming their ruler and taking over all they have. Don't you think so?" He was kind of calm with me, which I decided to ignore, but why was he staring at my face while mentioning "we"? 

I was always like a slave here who strived through blood and sweat to get their acceptance. He should be harsh and cruel to me, as he always was when I lived here before I went to the red moon pack. How did he suddenly become calm upon my return, even when I failed to have Ella killed before she gained her powers?

"You seem so tired and worn out at the moment. Meet me at night in my inner chamber!" Drake commanded and gave a sign to his servants, who immediately approached me and took my hands, leading me out gently as if I were some special guest.