Chapter 47

Scarlett's POV

My eyes fluttered and opened slowly, with my head aching as the sudden brightness of the room fell on my face. Someone just tapped me, waking me up from the deep sleep I must have drifted into.

I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision, and right in front of me were those students who had been beaten by Dracula alongside me. They were both standing upright, staring down at me like I had grown two heads.

I could only recognize the girl who I knew after the proprietor introduced her to the school as a special student, all because she had the Lycan King token of friendship or whatever it was.

Slowly, with an uncontrollable yawn, I sat up and glanced around to see where I was, and just like I guessed, it was the school hospital.

That was where I landed after being dealt with by the Lycan prince. The same man I was crushing on and feeling jealous of because he only had interest in Ella. He almost killed me for marking Ella as a slave, and I just can't understand why he was suddenly going to commit murder for something like that all of a sudden.

His love for her had grown beyond measure, I guess, and now that Ella isn't that pitiful and helpless girl again, I must say they now match each other. Powerful couples that no one can tear apart.

Ella saved my pathetic life just when he was about to end it all in a snap. Just that last single punch would have taken me to the land of the dead.

It was so terrifying seeing death right in front of my eyes, ready to snatch me away from this earth at this young age, without a mate to make me feel love even for a day.

I'm glad Ella has a good heart. I was just so stupid. I was just being an asshole all this time, maltreating a girl who did absolutely nothing to me.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath before opening again, rubbing my cheek where he had lashed out those two slaps that were like thunder struck, and I couldn't feel any pain again. I wonder when my wolf healing ability became this great because I didn't think I would ever recover from that slap that almost took me out.

"Hey, are you there?!" The voice from the guy in front of me came again, and it was then that I recalled that someone was actually there. I had been lost in my thoughts already.

"Hey..." I spoke out in a hoarse tone, remembering how much I had screamed when Dracula gave me that first kick. I must have lost my voice a little.

I lifted my head, which had been sagging down all this time, to look up at them.

"It's a few minutes before school closure. Aren't you done taking a nap?" The brown haired guy was the first to talk, so I moved my gaze away from the girl and focused on him with squinted eyes as different thoughts ran through my mind.

They were all perfectly fine too, but I don't understand what they did to Dracula to cause him so much rage that he was suddenly ready to kill everyone who had hurt Ella. I shouldn't have volunteered to go to that office and call on Dracula to come and teach us, as it was his period yet we didn't see him.

Ella refused to go, so I decided to.

"Why was Dracula beating you both mercilessly like animals?" I couldn't hold back my question as I narrowed my gaze at them, mostly at the guy, who I couldn't deny was strikingly handsome. I mean, even when you have no interest, it must glare at you that he has that special cuteness, which can't be overlooked.

"We need to talk before the school bell rings for closure." He snapped, ignoring my question as he dipped his hands inside his pocket, his dark brown eyes glazing at my face while Scarlett dragged a chair and sat beside my bed.