Chapter 41

Scarlett POV

It had been two days since we hadn't seen Ella. I left her at school that day; she insisted on returning Dracula's bank card, and since then until today, no one had seen her or known of her whereabouts.

The alpha had sent several warriors to scout through every nook and cranny of the pack to fetch her and bring her back to the royal packhouse, where she would be severely punished for breaking the first and most important rule given to her, which forbade her from attempting to escape.

Never had I believed she would have the courage to do something like this, knowing fully well that the alpha can easily find her wherever she hides, as long as it is in this pack and around the neighborhood. Her scent will always give her away.

It was morning and the third day that Ella had been missing without being found, and that was something so shocking to hear.

I had woken up from sleep but had no strength to go to school as I sat there on the bed wondering where the hell Ella could be. If she were in this pack, there was nowhere she could hide so that the warriors and hunters wouldn't be able to find her, and she couldn't leave the pack boundary without being caught.

The only person who should be aware of her whereabouts is the Lycan prince, as he was the last person she met after school that day. At first, we all thought he had taken her to the Lycan kingdom, and we sent a spy who went to the Lycan kingdom and confirmed that both the Lycan prince and Ella weren't there.

According to the rule of the werewolf, no royal wolf can stay out of sight for more than three days, no matter the magic. After three days, their scent will be exposed and their whereabouts found. If any wasn't found after three days, then they had been killed and burned to ashes; so today was what would determine if Ella were dead or not.

A knock sounded on my door before it was pushed open, and I raised my gaze to see Laura walking in dressed in her red night robe with her hair tied in a bun. She had a huge smile on her face, and when she saw me morose, her face crinkled into a frown.

"You are sad when this is the third day and they aren't found yet? Let me summarize something for you. I receive news from the demon clan that Ella and her loverboy fought with the demon who was third in rank. A very powerful demon was there, and it was in a forest where the moon was all covered. You know what that means? " She asked in a chirpy voice and with a smug look as she sat beside me on the bed.

Her words hit me hard as I turned sharply toward her; my eyes widened and my jaw dropped in shock and fear. My body trembled as I gasped and stared at her face, wishing she was just pulling my legs, but that was just a mere wish.

"I thought of hiding it from you, but I couldn't contain my joy and needed someone to pour it out to." She paused and laughed heartily.

"Since that day, they had not been found. The demon who fought them hadn't returned, so I guess they all died together, so it is a tie! The demon is ruling at last, and you will be free from my poison and allowed to leave and have the best life you desire." She added with a chuckle, caressing my chin, but her touch and smile were all irritating and itching my skin.

I felt like strangling her right there. Tears filled my eyes, and at that moment, I wished I never sided with her. It was so evil of me to do that and hide the truth from the Alpha and everyone. Now they will all die or become slaves in the hands of the demons.

"Why are you not happy? Are you thinking of changing your mind about being my friend?" She gawked, and I hissed, anger building up in me.

"But I don't want the Lycan prince dead! He is innocent," I snapped, looking away as my heart began to thump in guilt and deep sadness. I knew I didn't care about the Lycan prince, but I did care about Ella. She was the innocent one. A girl who had lived all her life doing nothing bad but good to everyone. As I shut my eyes, I could see her face.