Chapter 39

"What if she intentionally took away your mind to aid her fellow demons?" My wolf cried out in pain and anguish, and his words hit me like a bomb, sending chills down my spine as his words sounded so true.

Ella just used her spell to keep me bound. I was tricked again by her, and this time it might cost my life. Love had failed me. Love had messed me up again. It had destroyed me!

"You got what you badly wanted..." I slurred out as she held onto me, crying and shaking me. Those tears were fake. Her love for me couldn't stop her from accomplishing her mission for the demons. Even when she fell for me while working for the demons, it didn't stop her from performing this last enchantment to bring me down.

"Dracula, please don't die! You don't have to accept me, but please, you can't die. I will also kill myself out of guilt because I caused your death!" She screeched, caressing my cheeks as she peered into my face, her tears dropping endlessly.

"Oh...what a romantic show between two pathetic fools!" The demon sniggered while stepping forward. I could barely see him from the ground, where I was wallowing in anguish and heart-wrenching pain that seemed to be pulling my soul out of my body.

The hit was tremendous, and it was with my last strength that I was able to keep breathing. The poison from his claws when we were fighting was also crushing me with more intense pain, consuming me more.

"Don't you dare touch him! Get away from us!" Ella's tiny voice, dripping with pain and terror, shrieked at him, and he burst into mocking laughter.

"It's unfortunate that you have no power to make me stop. I heard the Lycan prince is the talk of the town and the obsession of every girl in the pack. Since you're one of them, I have an offer for you." He spoke in pride and victory.

"Let us go...please!" Ella pleaded, sobbing as she turned her gaze back to me when I groaned in pain.

My eyes began to shut, and she flinched and screamed out my name.

"Please don't do this to me! Don't!" She cried in devastation, her tone so striking and passionate that I could feel it.

"He will have to die now while you kill yourself when we get to the demon clan, but my offer is so enticing. Kill yourself right here and now, and I will let him go. That is the only way you will be able to save his life." He snorted, and my eyes flicked at what he just uttered. I felt my heart tug as I flinched in fear.

"Fine. Give him the antidote to the poison." That was the next thing Ella said before standing upright. I watched her as she turned her fingernails into long, sharp claws, ready to pierce her chest and destroy the core of her heart.

"He needs an hour after taking the drug before he will heal, so don't try playing smart." The demon warned before flinging a small bottle at me, and I watched as my Ella attempted her death. Tears were brimming in her eyes, and her lips were trembling. She was shaking and breathing heavily.

With all my strength, I dragged and pulled my miserable self up from the ground, shook by the unbearable pain that was ripping my heart, yet I couldn't stop trudging fast to her. 

She spun and looked straight into my eyes, broken and disappointed.

"Take your drug and be fine for your mate for sure." She mumbled, and those tears dropping were like acid burning my heart.

The demon was all smiles as she shut her eyes and was almost striking herself, but I was quick to stop her, clasping her hand tightly.

"Leave me alone!" She bawled in anguish, fighting to free her hand from my grip, but I held her tight with all the strength I had left.

"Please, don't..." I stuttered, and she sneered at me with tears welling up in her eyes.

"You are the Lycan king and shouldn't die because of a poor girl like me, or rather a demon as you believed. I deserve to die and stop disturbing you both, isn't it? This is the right moment. Stop acting like you care! My life is sacrificed for you, so stop acting as if you don't love it!" She yelled, her voice cracking up as more tears flooded down from her eyes.

"No. You are wrong..." I shook my head and held her cheeks in my palm as we both gazed into our eyes, my heart burning with desires and love for her. She was like a part of my soul.

"Where am I wrong? Tell me! Tell me where I am wrong! You chose her over me and called me a demon; just fucking leave me alone!" She cried out in a broken state, her knees trembling and giving up under her. She almost fell, but I held her in my arms, my body tingling from an overwhelming sensation as her body touched mine.

"Don't kill yourself." I sighed, not knowing what to say. I don't know why her death was terrifying to me, as if I would die once she was dead. I thought I didn't feel anything for her anymore after meeting Selene, but I was totally wrong. Even the glaring fact that she was a demon couldn't stop me from longing for her. 

My heart was just so disobedient over hating her, even if she turned out to be a demon. My soul seemed to be tangled with hers, and I doubted for the first time if it was really a charm. I don't feel this way for Selene. 

"You told me the same thing back then in the pack, yet at the end you abandoned me. I am better dead than alive. Please don't extend my suffering. I am tired of bearing it all. Let me end it now, and at least I will be happy that I saved your life with mine." She breathed, forcing out a smile.

The demon was already grunting impatiently.

"Why does he want you to kill yourself when..."

"You thought I was a demon, right? Why does he want me dead, then. Before I die, let me tell you this." She drew close to my ears and whispered.

"I have to die for the demons to rule. I had striven so hard to stay alive to prevent them, but you and everyone else badly want me out of this world. I will leave then. I hope you all stay safe at the end!" She broke down in tears, looking away from my face as her tears splashed around.

"Hey, Dracula, let her do it, unless you don't want to return to your family!" The demon bellowed furiously, but I wasn't shaken. Ella's words reminded me of what my father said about helping me fight the demons.

What if I was played by Selene? What if I was the one making a huge mistake and miscalculating everything? What if it was Selene who used charm on me instead?!

"Please free my hand!" Ella shouted at me in a very harsh voice laced with hatred. Her eyes were flinty and cold this time.

"No, please don't leave me " I cooed, and I did not know why I did that at a time when death was around us like a dark cloud, but I did it anyway.

A deep kiss. First kiss with her on those soft, pink, sensual lips. Those pouty and sexy lips finally met with mine, fitting in as I deepened and savored the sweetness with my eyes closed.

It was supposed to be just a romantic kiss, but it wasn't. The magic we prayed for happened right from the kiss. 

"All this irritates me! I take back my offer! The Lycan prince is dying now!" I heard the demon roar in frustration, but what he wasn't aware of was that I wasn't injured and weakened anymore.

My ferocious hybrid beast with invincible powers beyond my control was back. That same combination of two different kinds of beasts—a wolf and a dragon—that burst out of its confinement only under the full moon when I hunted my mates was suddenly out after kissing Ella.

Under every full moon, an external force from the sky surges into me and breaks a kind of cage inside me that embodied a special kind of hybrid power hidden inside me, but now that unseen external force didn't come from the full moon to release my invincible powers, it came right from Ella. The force was sucked out of her and surged into me right from the kiss.