Chapter 38

As I kept imagining the horrible past evil done by the demons, the tears in my eyes dropped. My heart throbbed at the guilt sensation, realizing how those poor members of my clan died at the hands of the demon without me doing anything.

The rage in me was bursting like a volcano, and as I peered at these two demons in front of me, I could only imagine their faces among those who destroyed my family and friends.

"You are crying already? We haven't even done anything to you yet?!" The other one, who appeared smaller, sniggered while the other smirked.

The dark gray fog around them and the bright red glow in their eyes were just pulling the triggers of every savage power inside me.

"You made a mistake to come into the werewolf kingdom, because not a single one of you will go back alive. You didn't expect to meet the Lycan prince here. So unlucky of you to pick her at the same time I was keeping trails on her."

"Stop bluffing! It makes you look more pitiful!" The raven-haired demon snapped at me with a smug look all over his face. There was so much confidence in his voice, and it was so annoying to me. I can't just wait to shred him into pieces.

"I will allow one of you to go alive but badly injured so as to inform your demon king to come out of his hiding place and fight like a man. I am waiting for him and for you all!" I bellowed ferociously as my body began to transform into my Lycan beast. Half wolf, half human.

In rage, I attacked them like a hungry lion, using my strength and abilities, but they were moving like the air, wafting past me so quickly that I could barely see them. I could only land my powerful punches and claw slashes on the less-strong one who wasn't so trained, but the other with raven hair was too swift and highly advanced in the use of dark powers.

They were two, and I had to fight so aggressively with all I had, using all my advanced senses to trace them as they tried to blind my vision with their pitch-black, choking fog.

It took me more than three minutes to kill the less-strengthened one, but I was already suffering injuries, my blood spilling freely to the ground.

This was an unprepared battle, and I didn't expect to fight a highly ranked demon at this moment and in the most unfavorable place where the moon is enshrouded by the huge trees in the forest.

He was really powerful and hard to get hold of. He did more defense than attack, allowing me to exhaust myself with aimless attacks on him. The way he would disappear and hide in large trees while also bolting past me so quickly like lightning as we fought made it extremely difficult and frustrating to me.

I could only sense his movement and dealt with him using my sharp and highly advanced senses of smell and hearing.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to still be so strong to give me this many blows and even kill my driver singlehandedly. Is this how powerful all Lycan are under this unfavorable condition?" He spoke in anger and surprise, staring at me with a narrowed gaze as blood streamed out of his nostrils and the corners of his eyes.

I was also bleeding from several slits on my temple and neck. My arms and legs were also slashed and soaked in blood, which hurts real bad as their claws seemed to be poisoned.

The pain was excruciating, but I didn't care about it. He was quite lucky the fight was in this kind of place. He won't have survived until now, but there was no time to find a better environment for a battle. Either he dies or I do.

"Cut the crap, and let's end this!" I snarled, and he let out a deep groan, twitching his broken nose as more blood spilled. His face was becoming a bloody mess as the deep slashes of my claws made him bleed profusely.

"You think you're going to survive my claw gash on your skin? We are both badly injured and need urgent treatment. Let's call it a tie and go our ways!" He grunted, breathing heavily as he frantically wiped the blood seeping into his eyes.

"I'd rather die than let you go free today!" I growled, and before he could see it or plan an escape, I attacked rapidly, launched a mighty blow to his stomach, which flung him a few meters apart, and landed him hard on their car, which was behind him.

The windscreen shattered as he crashed on it. He groaned in pain and rolled down from the car, as the broken glass had really given him bruises and deep cuts all over his back and arms.

Just as he landed on the ground, my eyes flashed to the car, and as the tinted glass was gone, I could now clearly see Ella sitting there in the back seat of the car, her legs raised up to her chin as she hugged herself tight.

She raised her head and looked up in fear. I wished I wasn't having my eyes on her the moment our eyes met. Those innocent eyes of a broken girl who seek attention, love, and care. Those eyes held a unique beauty and warmth each time they met mine.

Tears made her eyes sparkle like the bright star in a clear sky at night. We were staring into each other's eyes, and no one could break the contact. The feelings were something I couldn't understand, but somehow they seemed to be something my heart and soul needed.

I don't know how it was possible, but all my pains from the injuries disappeared while I gazed at her. I couldn't remember anymore that she was part of the demons here, as it felt like an enchantment that grasped every part of my soul and kept it under their spell.

The sadness in her eyes was something I couldn't ignore. My eyes caught the bruise on her head, and I found myself getting angry at whoever hit her.

My wolf longed for her, and I, myself, just couldn't deny she was like a breath of fresh air. I was feeling rivers of joy flowing through me. The joy was because she was fine. I didn't come here to save her. I came here to destroy her and these demons she was working with, but just a single glance at her radiant face made me forget all that.

It was like I was already missing her when it hadn't been long since we last met.

"Watch out!!!" Her petrified scream burst out as she pointed at my back so suddenly, but before I could see it or dodge it, what seemed like a fireball hit me at the back of my head from behind, flinging me forward as I slammed on the same car that the demon had fallen on.

The pain I felt was so intense that everything began to fade right before my eyes. It was as if my head was blown open.

"Dracula!! Please no! No, please don't do this to me!" I heard a faint scream from Ella. Even when she had jumped out of where she was sitting and held me up in her arms, her voice was still far away, and the sight of her was blurred.

I could feel a thick liquid spilling profusely down my back, and I knew it was my blood. I was losing a lot of blood from that blow from behind.

The demon I thought was dying had risen and attacked me from behind when I was lost, staring at Ella.