Chapter 31

"What!!" I exclaimed, slapping my hand across my lips as the paper fell from my grasp. My eyes were widening in astonishment as I gazed at Selene, who was smiling so beautifully at me.

I was speechless and could only shake my head in disbelief at what I just read from the letter. Without saying a word, I quickly pulled off my cloth and frantically checked my arm where the curse mark was.

"It is real!" I hollered, stumbling back as great excitement hit me like a rock. My lips trembled, and my heart began to race. Tears warmed up in my eyes as I peered at my left arm. The mark was gone. It had disappeared, which meant I was free from the curse. 

My father was right. The sorcerer wasn't lying, and it was crystal clear now that the pretty girl in front of me was my true mate. She was the one assigned to me by the moon goddess.

Selene is her name; she is the girl who saved me from the crushing pain of being a monster, dreaded by everyone. She healed me from my misery and ended my years of bitterness and sorrow.

As I shifted my eyes back to her, she gave me that heartwarming smile, which melted my heart and made me grin. The tears in my eyes are falling freely. They were tears of joy. I felt like someone who had just been released after years of terrible confinement.

"You saved me..." I gasped, blinking my eyes as I felt joy swarm into me like a storm as she nodded innocently, taking her bottom lips into my mouth as she tried to keep her grin from showing. My wolf was already ecstatic and was clamoring all around with howls and delight, pulling me to grab her into our arms and cradle her forever.

"You are my mate, and your existence in my life has healed me. Thank you so much, my love." I breathed, and I could see her blushing hard and nibbling her lips while picking at her nails shyly. She looked pretty and innocent. Her slender body and curvy figure were so sexy and perfect.

The way she licked her lips almost forced me into pulling her into my arms and plunging into a deep kiss, sucking and devouring those pink lips to my satisfaction, but for some unknown reason, I couldn't do that.

The letter re-read itself in my head, causing me to burst out laughing joyfully. I really couldn't remember the last time I laughed wholeheartedly with real and pure happiness in my heart. It felt so relieving, and knowing that the angel in front of me was the reason for this freedom and great joy couldn't stop making me fall deeper for her. 

She was like a storm in the desert. I stared at her and could see my whole life in her eyes. I owe her everything. I owe her my entire being.

Slowly, I bent and picked up the letter again and began to read it again, grinning from ear to ear.

"This letter must have come as a surprise, but it is the best gift you will ever receive in your life. I have to send it to check on you and to deliver this wonderful news that you have been waiting to hear. You remember the day you decided to depart from this kingdom after the visit of that great sorcerer. You saw the smiles on our faces; it wasn't because we badly wanted you to leave us, it was because what you uttered after the sorcerer left was a pure reflection and manifestation of what he prophesied. He said you would find your mate among the werewolves, and how we would find his words to be true is that you'd volunteer to leave and stay in the werewolf kingdom."

"He said you will find the one to end your curse in the werewolf pack, and that girl will be your mate. According to him, the moon goddess made you kill the Lycan mates you got because she wants you to end up with a werewolf that would help you end the looming war of the demons. Selene's parent saved us from being poisoned, and we sent her to send this letter to you, believing the moon goddess has a connection she wishes to create among us all. We hope she turns out to be your destined mate. If she isn't, please treat her like family.

My eyes dilated as I chuckled gleefully after reading it once again. I pulled my gaze back to her as she stood elegantly, watching me keenly with those brown eyes shimmering with pure love and deep affection.

Tears formed in my eyes. Emotions built up, bubbled, and blasted inside me like a volcano eruption. Dad wrote that I should treat her well because of what her parents did for them, even if she wasn't my mate, Their guess was right and on point. She really was my fated mate. This paragon of beauty here was literally the woman for me.

"Come to me, baby." I cooed at her, and she stepped forward like a model, her appearance so alluring and charming. Her clear and bright chocolate brown skin without blemishes glowed under the radiation of the sun from the slightly opened window.
Her smile radiated light into my soul.

I outstretched my hand for her to take, and as soon as our palms connected, I felt shivers run down my spine. It was so relaxing. Her palm was really fragile, soft, and tender under my touch.

"I am free, finally! You broke the chain, you freed me from those shackles after all these years. I can't love you less." I whispered passionately, peering into her charming eyes, which looked back at me with a magic that made my heart skip a beat. 

It was like a dream that was actually real. As her smell battered my nose, I felt that fresh air of life and peace swarming into my life once again.

Slowly, I wrapped my arms around her curvy waist and hugged her.
I hugged her tight with closed eyes and heavy breaths of relief as my heart thumped fast and louder in glee.

It was as if I just realized how dead I had been from the inside. My stony and burdened heart was melted and eased up, and it felt so good to actually realize the curse was over. I wasn't going to be controlled into killing my mates anymore. The curse was finally gone.

"We are free to live together forever." She whispered gently into my ear and pecked my neck softly while I smiled lopsidedly.

"The moon goddess brought me to you. To bring an end to your misery. We just have to love and cherish each other for the rest of our lives. Whatever you do, just remember that I, your mate, brought an end to your curse. So don't hurt me." She added, and my brows furrowed at her words.

Something felt odd inside me. It was something I couldn't really understand, but all I knew was that I felt slightly doubtful about her. It was something I couldn't even point out, and it was weirder when the flashing image of Ella crossed my mind. I had to shake my head to push it all away. 

I broke the hug, and as her intoxicating and sweet smell filled my nose, I felt the intense mating bond pulling us together again. My wolf called out to her as our mate.

"She is the one! Our mate!" He growled, triggering me to cradle her and possibly mark her as soon as possible.

"Mate..." I called out to her in a calm tone, which made her cheeks turn tomato red as she blushed and grinned wildly. Her eyes were sparkling with a lot of emotion.

While we were looking at each other's faces as if our lives depended on it, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to me again, our faces so close that we could feel each other's breath.

She quickly wrapped her arms around my neck and drew my face close in an attempt to kiss me.

I don't know why, and I can't equally explain why, but before her lips could touch mine, I drifted my face aside quickly to avoid her kissing me, causing her to kiss my cheek instead.

At that same time, I suddenly heard Ella's screech of pain and heartbreak from the door and darted my eyes to the door to see my bank card dropped on the floor followed by her running footsteps receding along the hallway so fast and frantic.

Gosh! she caught me.

 I tried to ignore, but my heart was aching already.

Why did she have to see me in this position?