Chapter 22

All I knew was that two other teachers came in and gave their lectures, but I could swear I heard no meaningful words from them.

I wasn't listening as different thoughts kept swarming into my head. I couldn't wait for the closure bell to ring, so I would run over to Laura and the Alpha to tell them what just happened today.

It was something that needed an urgent response before it got out of hand. Everything we planned and arranged was all falling apart, and at the end, we could be faced with a dreadful outcome that would make us regret all we had done to Ella.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Ella still sitting with her head buried under the desk, and it made me curious about what might have transpired between the Lycan and her. There was no trace of a smile or excitement when she stepped into the classroom with Dracula but then again, the love was still there. That was why he gave that order that would force me to let Ella attend school without missing any day. Just so they will keep seeing each other.

A silent hiss slipped my lips as it dawned on me once again that Dracula had restrained my right to get Ella locked up in the royal palace.

The teacher was seriously explaining a lot of things to the students while most of them were already sleeping, and some even had headphones deafening their ears. Only the bookish nerds sitting on the front rows had their whole attention on the teacher, asking questions and jotting things down.

I was getting frustrated already, and my eyes wouldn't stop leaving the wall clock, which was becoming slower than usual. It was as if the clock hands decided to go slowly because I was waiting for closing time.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the school bell rang, forcing the teacher to stop what she was saying and rush out of the classroom, knowing full well that the students were already tired of her lectures and wouldn't tolerate it if she lingered any longer.

I stood quickly and picked up my bag, heading straight to where Ella was. She was still lying there, and it seemed like she had fallen asleep because she made no movement after the bell.

I stared at her for a few minutes, my hand folded against my chest, a deep frown on my face, and anger boiling in my heart.

I swear, what was popping in my head was to get the nearest sharp object and stab Ella in the neck. My hatred for her was becoming unbearable and burning like fire in my heart.

It was as if my future was no longer sure with her around. I had always wanted to be the alpha, and that had been my dream. It would only work if Ella disappeared from this world. The alpha had already picked me as his daughter over her, but I still feel insecure right now with what was seemingly becoming her fate with the powerful Lycan.

I don't want to believe they are mates. It just shouldn't be. And I won't be alive to see the Lycan prince mark her.

I'd rather die than allow that to happen!

"Get up from there, bitch!" My voice rang out throughout the class and was followed by the sharp, resounding sound of my slap that lashed against the back of her neck.

Her screeching cry followed as she jumped from the chair abruptly, clutching at her neck as she stumbled away from me in fear.

"You had the guts to sleep and enjoy yourself right now, huh?...what are you thinking?" I fired, and she only shook her eyes, moving away from me as she rubbed the back of her neck, which was already smeared red.

"Oh, life is getting better for you, right?" I seethed, gritting my teeth, while she kept shaking her head, muttering a silent "no" as tears poured down her face.