Chapter 15

"But I was sure I smelled his scent that day. I felt he was close to me. Why didn't he save me?" I asked no one in particular. Hot tears were burning in my eyes and streaming freely down my cheeks as I stood in front of the mirror.

It was morning, and my eyes were still heavy and drooping from lack of sleep. My brown hair was packed in a messy bun over the tattered, badly sewn old school uniform I was wearing. My eyes were all red and swollen from crying all the time.

If tears could take away my pain, I would have been the happiest girl on earth. Last night, under my pillow, I cried till my eyes were worn out.

I don't know what to expect, but I knew it would be really miserable, especially with the visible slave mark at the side of my neck. The worst was that the school wasn't just an ordinary one; it was a school for the rich and a magnificent building that gathered every royal member from every part of the werewolf world together.

When I was still a kid, I overheard a conversation about a school like this that would be built to develop a collective relationship and strength among all packs around the world.

Students who came from far packs could board and live on campus. When my mother explained this project for me back then, I was very happy to be so fortunate.

As the alpha's daughter, nothing would stop me from being one of the students at such a great school. If anyone had ever told me that I would end up attending the school as a personal slave to the Beta's daughter, I would never have believed it.

It appeared like a nightmare to see how my life sucks. It all seemed like it got worse and worse every day. 

"What are you still doing there? Staring at your wretched self?" The scornful voice of Scarlett rang in my head, and I sighed sadly, drying my eyes as I turned to her. 

My heart felt a sharp pang of sadness as I saw how elegant and graceful she appeared in her perfectly sewn school uniform. Her tan skin was glowing and matched with her permed blonde hair, which was shiny and flowed down to her back. 

Her face was primped with makeup, which really defined her more as an Alpha daughter than me. I couldn't help the jealousy that ached within me as I swallowed hard, wishing my life hadn't gone sour. 

I would have been the one dressed this exquisitely and adorned as the princess of this great pack if all this hadn't happened to me. It hurts terribly, and I just couldn't talk because I knew I would burst into tears.

"Are you done admiring and drooling over my alluring and charming beauty, slave?" She snickered, walking close to me with graceful steps as her lips curled into a smirk. 

I looked away and swallowed the bitter bile in my throat, tears welling up again in my eyes at the sound of her voice when she called me a slave. 

"Let's go, dear. You shouldn't be so nervous and frightened. Someone in the class might like you as you are." Her voice was brimming with sarcasm and mockery, which forced out all the tears I was pushing back.

"Now, let's go!" She ordered, and I nodded, following her from behind.

Everything went fast.

And just in a flash of light, we were both in front of the giant black gate that was tall enough to prevent anyone from seeing inside the school building. 

The car honked twice, and the gate opened by itself after scanning our car. It seemed we were late, but it was still the beginning of the school year, so it was normal.

Everything else that went on about the registration was brief, and when it was time to give us our chair number tag, Scarlett introduced me to the proprietor, showing my slave mark. Because of that, they gave Scarlett my number, and she would be the one to determine if I would sit or not.