Chapter 9

Dracula's POV

It was like I was under a spell. Everything happened so fast that I found it hard to believe it was real and not an illusion. My face squeezed into a deep frown as I plopped heavily on the bed feeling tired, yet I don't know what sapped my strength. I have no idea what was wrong with me.

"What did we just do now? What were those cute romantic words we spilled in front of her door. How the fuck did we leave our room in the middle of the night to confess feelings to a girl we should disdain and even kill?" My wolf exclaimed as he lay low inside me, howling.

I buried my head in my palm, taking deep breaths to calm my nerves and force myself to believe I didn't mean all that rubbish I said in front of her door.

"Did we even realize we went to the mines to look for her, lying that we just wanted to check how the work was going as a form of leisure? Can we recall how frustrated we were all day because she was out of sight, despite the fact that we were the ones who sent her away? Now that we couldn't sleep, we left the bed to...

"Stop!" I growled, gritting my teeth as I gripped and tugged my hair hard. It was unbelievable, and now I wish it never happened. I badly wished all the things my wolf said were lies, but hell no, they weren't.

We were both idiots today, our first day meeting the young girl.

"How did we get a mate here in the werewolf kingdom? I am confused. Does love appear anywhere we go? So if we travel to the human world, would the moon goddess make a human there our mate? What nonsense!" My wolf bawled, with pure anger and frustration vivid in his voice, but his couldn't be compared to mine.

I was literally going mad in rage, and my resentment for the moon goddess could only spike higher, so at that moment I prayed she would come down here and have a fight with me. I wanted to fight her with my last breath, even if I didn't kill her, I would give her an everlasting scar.

What sort of joke is she using my life to play?

I left the Lycans to avoid having mates, and just that very day I arrived here, another dashed in, having my mate's pheremone.

Words can't explain how enraged I was the moment she walked in like a madwoman. She also realized I was her mate and was acting like it was normal, I mean, she freaking expected me to hug her, accept her, and mark her as mine...

So irritating, but the unbearable part was hearing her call me her mate! Ahh, even if she wasn't lying, I definitely won't allow that word to enter my ears.

I really hate that girl for coming into my life and ruining it. She has a royal aura, but it seems to be hidden by suffering and maltreatment.

But I don't care, the most I would do is get the hell out of here. We won't meet, and that would save her life and save me from the terrible pain of killing my mate after she had made me fall madly in love with her.

"Aren't we lying to ourselves?" My wolf chimed in, sulking and cooing inside me.

"Where? How? I am not lying!" I yelled, growling.

"Her eyes are lovely, but the light in them has been dimmed, darkened, and gloomed with great sadness and weary. She had been hurt and crushed by the people she loved. We both feel it. Something isn't right with her stay in this place, even when everyone is acting innocently now. She needs our help, and we are her only hope." He purred, and I could sense his tone brimmed with care—feelings we both hated and agreed never to allow into our hearts.

"You are about to repeat the same mistake again. This was how it all started for my other mate at the end, you know how it all ended." I hissed, taking deep breaths as my heart thumped harder.