Chapter 32

Selene's POV

There was an absolute silence that clouded the atmosphere, as if something terrible had happened.

Dracula wasn't talking anymore, and his eyes and attention were fixed at the door where the strange girl had just left. Although I didn't see her before she ran off, I overheard her screech. I heard that sharp cry of betrayal and heartbreak from her before she vanished like the wind.

Dracula heard it too and instantly lost his mind. He doesn't seem to notice my presence in the room anymore, as he stood transfixed with his face grimacing and eyebrows furrowed together.

I could hear his shaky breath and see how his eyes blinked rapidly as they suddenly shimmered with some kind of tender emotion.

"Who is that girl?" I finally broke the silence and was stunned at how Dracula flinched at my voice. He flicked his face back to me quickly, forcing out a weird smile as if he had just jolted out of a trance. 

"You mean the girl that just ran out after seeing us?" He asked in a stuttering tone before letting out a short laugh.

"Yes, who is she?" I asked again, nodding as I felt anxiety tugging at my heart. 

He noticed my unrest and placed his soft palm on my cheeks, looking into my eyes as he smiled sweetly.

"You don't have to care about some random girls because you are the only one I am in love with. I mean...why not? You are my mate. We both confirmed it now." He spoke gently, as if he were learning to talk. He seemed to be brooding over something, which he kept hidden with his reassuring smiles.

But I was really too sensitive. I could read the unease in his eyes as he was speaking to me. It was as if he was trying hard not to look back at the door. Something was fishy somewhere, and I could sense it in his reply. I just asked who that girl was, and he was already reassuring me that I was the only one he loved.

"Is she one of those bitches lusting over you and acting all stupid to get your attention?!" I snorted, and he frowned a bit at my words, which I had used intentionally. It was a tactic to check if he had any feelings for the girl, and I think I got it all right.

"You shouldn't call her that. She isn't a bitch!" He retorted, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves as he forced another smile to make everything look normal.

"Why was she hurt just now? She must have a huge crush on you and is pained that you have found your soulmate." I crooned, and he nodded, giggling.

"I guess so. But I don't care about anyone but you. I swear, you are the love of my life. What would have been my fate if you hadn't come into my life, Selene. I can't wait to introduce you to the world as my next queen," he cooed, stroking my hair and penetrating those charming eyes into my face.

His words and touch were so sweet and romantic, enough to make every woman melt, but my heart wasn't at ease. I was scared. I was scared of losing him already. 

The charm was a very powerful one, created by my mother with a lot of rituals and sacrifices. It was a forbidden mate bond magic, locked up in an ancient cave, but my mother risked it all for me. 

The survival of our pack depended on my relationship with the Lycan prince, because once I became his queen, I would have control over the Lycan armies and would be able to lure him into doing whatever I wished.

The charm was completely effective and perfect, as he was all over me, his eyes brimming with deep love, warmth, and intimacy. Even his wolf wasn't left out, as they both got drowned under the spell, forcing them to feel every connection and spark as if I were the true mate.