Chapter 5

"Mate!" My little wolf, Lena, screamed in shock and disbelief while I stood to my feet in haste, trying to understand if it was real or some kind of trick. Scarlett had dropped the whip and vanished from the room after the guards told her whatever he whispered in her ears.

It seemed to be very dreadful news, as that could be the only reason Scarlett would panic so hard that she would even forget she was about to torture me. Even though I was perplexed as to what it could be, I couldn't help but mutter a thank you to the guard, who had just saved me from a torturous torment.

"Didn't you hear Scarlett mention Lycan just now?" My wolf chimed with a frightened voice, and my jaw dropped as it dawned on me what had been the reason for her fear. A Lycan had come into our pack, and it was doom and calamity for us.

Lycans are evil and more powerful. advanced in all skills that we aren't any match for them, not even ten werewolves could defeat one common Lycan in a battle.

I rushed out of the room, hugging my half naked body with my arms as I made my way to my room through the hallways, sprinting recklessly as my cheeks flushed red in shame and anger.

The guards outside were feeding their eyes with my body, and it couldn't stop crawling on my skin as I ran harder, just as hard as my legs could carry me. No matter what had happened in my life, it didn't change the fact that I was the alpha's daughter. The royalty was still in my blood.

The royal packhouse was built as a three-story building, and each floor has very long hallways with rooms that are connected by stairs. While the palace was on the second floor, my room was on the first.

The bathroom where the guards had taken me was on the last floor of the three storey building of the palace, so I had to descend down to the first floor to reach mine, which means I would cross the palace hall room passage.

Just as I got to the second-floor hallway, everywhere was dead silent, like there was no soul in there. It was like everyone left or was warned to keep their mouth shut. There were no guards around there like always, and this was strange and confusing.

I tiptoed and moved quietly to avoid breaking whatever silence rule that was passed, if there was any at all. As I drew closer to the door of the palace, which was the last room before the stairs that led down, I smelled my mate's comforting and overwhelming sweet scent again, but this time it was too potent and stronger than before.

It swoozed into my nostrils, filling my entire being, and completely took over my head in such an incredible way that I stood transfixed in a daze for a brief moment, feeling an enthralling sensation all over my skin.

"Our mate is inside the palace. The man we had been waiting for to rescue us from the hell bound hole. Meeting our mate means the end of our suffering because he will love us and take us out of here! We are very lucky!" My wolf, chirped and leapt in excitement, bouncing inside me as I beamed, and it was like I was hypnotized by my mate's scent as I ran wildly to my room, pick up a gown from the cloth rack, I can't even tell the color or how good or bad the dress was as I sped back, heading my way into the palace.

I had forgotten about the strange silence and Scarlett's fear of a Lycan presence in the pack. My brain went blank over all these, and all I was thinking about was my mate. Meeting him and burying myself into his arms while we experience the overwhelming feelings of our love bond.

Dad said I would never have a mate because I was cursed, as he believed, but he was clearly wrong. Today, he'd see that I was just like any other wolf. A she wolf who found her mate at the age of 18 and would live happily ever after with the fated one made for me by the moon goddess.

It was until I pushed open the palace door that I returned to my senses. It was at that moment, when I was standing in front of everyone, that the danger I had put myself in dawned on me. Not just danger, but a suicidal move. Now I understood why everyone was silent; I understood why Scarlett trembled like a small child who had seen a monster.