Chapter 34

"Let me tell you why I believed her to be my real mate." I paused and pulled up my shirt, then pointed at my arm where the curse mark initially was.

"The curse mark was gone immediately when we met. That girl, Selene, revoked my curse. My mate was the one assigned by the moon goddess to free me from that curse, and she did it. You couldn't, because you aren't my true mate but a fake one manipulated by some fucking spell. Here is my father's letter that explained it all. Read and stay far away from me, or else I will be forced to make you regret ever meeting me!" I threatened menacingly before snatching my bank card, which she was still holding in her hand.

"I didn't use any charms or whatever, I swear. I didn't do any of that. We are mates, and...I..have..no. I....." She tried explaining, but her voice was failing her as she choked, cracking her words as she tried hard not to burst into a cry.

She looked so terrified, and as she stared at my face, I could see the fright in her wet eyes. It was that heart-wrenching fear of losing what you most desired. She felt betrayed, but what she doesn't know is that I was the one who felt it more than her.

It was of no doubt that she must have fallen truly in love with me after starting with her demonic spell, but there was no way I would accept such love that emanated from deceit and dirty tricks. Each time I peered into her face, all I could see was a girl who couldn't respect the moon goddess's decision about the mate bond.

"You are really so desperate and obsessed. It doesn't suit your pretty and innocent face. I never knew you could do something like this. Was it part of your plan to escape from the sufferings you were going through in your pack?" I asked, and she sneered at me, shaking her head sideways.

"You don't even believe me any more. You don't trust me, so there is no need to say anything to you. Just leave!" She moaned sadly, taking a deep breath as she flopped down on the chair, looking away from my face.

"I'm glad you know, and you should really be ashamed of yourself!" I yelled, slamming the desk in frustration.

"I am not ashamed of anything! Dracula, I don't care what anyone has told you or made you believe. Please take back your letter and leave me alone. You just showed me your true colors, and I am glad I knew them earlier. Get out then!" She shouted in a screeching voice, tossing the letter to me before bursting into sobs at the same time as she laid her head on the desk, whimpering beneath.

"Wow, you are trying to push it on me? Despite the fact that your true colors and identity were those of a demon agent, I stood by you. I trusted you and believed all your lies, all because you caught my heart with your charms. Now I've realized the truth, instead of attacking you without mercy, I've been calm and gentle. You are the one to get out of here because your masters are waiting to beat you again for disobedience!" I fired back, and her cries only increased.

"You should fucking stop crying. I haven't even hurt you yet. Perhaps you shouldn't have fallen in love with the man you were sent as a demon agent to harm after stealing his heart. Now I think it's late already. You failed them!" I scoffed and snickered, as everything was actually making sense to me.

Slowly, she pulled her head up and faced me with tears still springing down her cheeks.

"You are worse than everyone I have met in my life. You are such a dick! Maybe I should have really killed you before now! I am not a demon, yet you kept calling me that! Do you know how painful this is?" She breathed and placed her hands on her chest as she took a deep breath.

"Convince me. Oh, sorry, there is no more way to convince me since I already know of your demonic spell, which you had been using to lure me into believing your lies. For real, do you know that our law demands that you have to be beheaded for using that forbidden spell on me? If my father or anyone from my kingdom ever hear of what you did, they won't spare your life. You should be grateful to me that I will be merciful enough to keep my mouth shut." I snorted and hissed, putting on my black long-sleeve shirt that I had pulled off earlier.