Chapter 57

Laura's POV

(The Beginning)

It was supposed to be a new adventure, building a new life in the demon world where I was going to grow wings and become a queen. This was never part of the plans, and I never wanted to overthrow the expected queen and take her position, but it seemed fate was on my side, and I was that lucky soul who was meant to conquer every territory.

This was what I thought without knowing I was playing with fire. My obsession with being in a higher position and having greater authority blinded my eyes and hazed my mind.

How would I imagine being a werewolf and ruling over demons, who had always been our greatest enemies, just because of the attraction the demon king had for me?

Tears won't stop streaming down my eyes as I tell my story. It would have been better if I returned earlier to Ella and kneeled, asking for forgiveness.

I never knew that each day that passed with me staying here, Ella was burning in rage and desire for revenge for everything I did to her and her people. I thought staying here would push away my past and give me the chance to build a new life without any trouble from my past evil, but I was absolutely wrong.

And my greatest regret was that it was too late to ask for forgiveness. My life is now a mess, and just these few moments of telling my story before I would finally be placed on the gallow where my head would be beheaded after months of extreme suffering

I didn't know how heartbreaking death could be until now that I am faced with it, knowing that in a few moments everything I am looking at now and all the feelings of the earth would fade and vanish into the thin air. I would be gone and forgotten forever.

My teary eyes roamed around and fell on Ella, with her mate whispering happily to each other and chuckling. Smiles were on everyone's faces, a sign of happiness over my demise.

You must be surprised to hear all this from me, confused at how I ended up like this. I am also shocked. This isn't the life I dreamed of. I had no idea how much power Ella had.

This was how it all started.

Back on that day, when that demon came into my room and attacked me out of whatever rage, jealousy, or envy he had on finding out I had captured the demon king's heart, the next thing that happened stunned me for real.

My name is Laura, as you all know, and I was brought here, done with my revenge. The demon king helped me even when I didn't finish my part of the deal.

As I sat on my bed, my knees up and my head leaning on the wall, I waited for the demon king to at least call on me and let me know my fate.

I don't know when he would return from whatever seclusion he went into just to get me out of his mind. Why can't he just accept his fate of making me his queen? I hate him, and he disgusts me, but I would be stupid to reject him and lose my chance of being the ruler of this demon clan.

Just then, a knock sounded on my door.

"Come on in. Why the knock?" I spoke out at whoever it was, and to my greatest surprise, the door opened to reveal the demon king standing right there with a smile on his face, but the smile vanished when he saw the redness of my cheek from the slap of that demon.

"Who dared to touch you?" He growled, walking over to the bed, drawing closer as he placed his hand on my cheek. I threw my head back, looking away with a deep frown on my face.

"I'm very sorry for allowing this to happen. Please just tell me who did this." He pressed on, his anger vivid on every word as those eyes flinted with rage and affection.