Chapter 40

With full force and rage, the demon charged at us with a dark fog in the form of a fireball in his palms, ready to strike me down, but before it could touch me, I wrapped my hand around Ella's waist and swirled swiftly with the speed of light away from his hit, making it blast the tree behind us instead.

Before he could regain his stance and turn to strike me again, I had unleashed a powerful blow to his belly, flinging him so hard that the tree he slammed on broke down.

He stood again, trying to stay strong, but those legs were already badly injured, and even his hands were dislocated, their joints jutting at an uneven angle. All his body was shaking as he stared up at my huge figure in horror, holding his stomach as thick red blood spilled from his mouth profusely.

I was in my Lycan beast form, having half wolf and human form, but this time, I had that fire burning in me, and my back was aching as if something was about to sprout from each side like pairs of wings. When I breathed, it was like fire. My eyes were hot, as if they were placed in a lake of fire.

Rage was blazing inside me uncontrollably as I became so madly furious at the demon. The sight of him was awakening more powers inside me than I knew I ever had.

"Who are you?" That was the question he asked, his voice shaking as he grunted and groaned in deep pain, coughing out more blood.

"I am the Lycan prince; go and tell that to your king. Tell him I am waiting!" I growled ferociously, not even able to recognize my voice.

The unspeakable powers and strength I was feeling were something I had never felt before, even under the full moon. It was as if two great powers had been bound together inside my body.

I knew I was a hybrid because I feel the second beast inside me in those moments when the curse from the moon goddess would strike, but today's strength was greater than it. All my injuries and even the poison from the demon were gone.

"This is not the Lycan prince we all know! She...She.. How could she be your mate?" The demons burst out in a loud scream that sounded so broken and despondent as if he were faced with something more terrifying than death. His gaze had shifted from me and was now staring at the angle where Ella was. He was in a petrified state, not at me but to Ella instead.

It made me turn to Ella, and I was stunned to see what she looked like now. I couldn't believe who I was seeing. Her skin was glowing and appeared celestial, and her face was bright like the sun. Those pair of eyes were now sparkling blue, and her hair was suddenly snow white as she stood so elegant and graceful.

It was as if I were in front of the moon goddess reincarnated, and her aura almost brought me down to my knees with how intimidating and mysterious it felt.

Was this an illusion? I asked myself while backing away in terror.

My inner wolf also cowered, and all my powers became useless in front of her as I felt like a pup. She seemed to be in a trance, as her eyeballs were motionless, and she wasn't moving or saying anything while both feet floated above the ground. Both of her palms were covered in a bright crystal that glowed as if she held stars in her hands.

Everywhere was suddenly bright as the moon, which was hidden, suddenly found its way out of the cloud and radiated down to her, the tree branches giving way magically. My skin had goosebumps shooting through it, and all the hairs on my neck stood straight as I shook at her presence.

I can't tell when she transformed into this, but I knew I got my great powers from my kiss with her. I had backed her to fight the demon without knowing the same poor and pathetic girl everyone despised and maltreated was turning to something else.