Chapter 48

Laura's POV

I stood in front of the mirror, my eyes blazing with anger and frustration. My plan to destroy Ella had finally failed totally, with little of no hope left for me, and I was going crazy with rage.

I had spent months plotting and scheming, gathering information, and setting my trap, but in the end, Ella had managed to escape all my clutches, and just this morning, after going missing for days, she had returned with her entire power unlocked.

I had been so sure that my plan was foolproof, but I had underestimated my opponent, having so much patience instead of striking with full force.

As I paced back and forth in my room, I muttered curses under my breath, my mind racing with thoughts of revenge and what exactly to do next. I couldn't believe that I had failed, that my carefully laid out plan had crumbled to dust.

I had always been a wicked woman, full of envy and malice, and I had never cared who I hurt as long as I got what I wanted. But now, my obsession had consumed me, and I was spiraling out of control.

I threw objects around the room, smashing everything in sight, screaming at the top of my lungs. The realization that my target had won had pushed me over the edge, and I was beyond reason.

As I collapsed onto the floor, my body shaking with anger and despair, I knew that I had to come up with a new plan. I couldn't let Ella get away with this. I had to bring her dead body to the demon king as I had promised.

But for now, I was lost in my own madness, my mind clouded with thoughts of revenge and destruction. There was no way I could settle for defeat and let the alpha go scot free after all he did to me.

He was the reason I left my pack and came here to exact revenge on him. I gave my soul to the devil worshiped by the demons, and initiated myself into their kingdom, making me one of them.

Tears streamed down my eyes as I thought of my dark and horrifying past. It's a story that I never tell anyone, a chapter of my life that I try to forget. But when I think back to that night, the memory is burned into my mind, vivid and raw. It caused me nothing but deep pain and rage.

The night when Alpha Darren took my parent's life for a reason I had never known till now. I don't want to know. I don't care to know whatever reason he has until I destroy him.

My parents were spies for my pack and always put their lives at risk just for the safety of every pack members. They make those sacrifices, and I knew one day it might end up so bad. We lived in constant fear, hiding behind masks and shadows, convinced that the pack was secure enough to protect us from the enemies they had spied on.

Alpha Darren was the last person they spied on. His pack was the last before their lives were taken, and when I ran to our Alpha, crying for help, he did nothing and sent me off. He won't even take me in. No one in the entire pack accepted me to stay with them because they were scared Alpha Darren would come for me soon, so they didn't want to risk their lives, forgetting that my parents had been doing that for many years.

For this reason, I didn't care to help the demons destroy the werewolf world. They are all wicked souls who don't care about anyone but themselves. It's my turn to turn selfish and watch them perish.

That terrifying scene of my parents' deaths lingered in my head and fueled more rage in me. I can still remember it all vividly, and each time I look at the Alpha, who thought I was his mate, his face kept reminding me of the devil reincarnated, which he was. The demon created the fake Mate bond for me to get close and eliminate Ella so I can exert my revenge on Darren in the most gory way I have in mind.

That night I watched in horror as Alpha Darren, his eyes glowing with a fierce, tore my parents apart. He was a creature of the night, his movements quick and deadly, his claws ripping through flesh and bone as if they were nothing more than tissue paper.