Chapter 6

I could hear the sickening crack of my ribs as sharp pain consumed me the more, leaving me paralyzed to shake any part of my body.

Pain. Heart-wrenching pain, that was I felt both from his punch and the hatred in his eyes. The smell was still vivid and the more I sniffed it, the more broken I become. It hurt so badly that I felt like the ground should open and swallow me, so I would vanished from this world.

My life seemed to have ended, and dying seemed so alluring right now.

I coughed and thick red blood splattered from my mouth. My lips trembled and my eyes tinged in hot tears that burned their way down my cheeks endlessly like rivers.

A little try to sit properly on the floor caused me to groaned deeply as a raging pang hit my stomach, reminding me once again, in the most hurting way that my fated mate really hit me this hard like he wanted me dead.

No, how can this be?

In disbelief, I looked up at the Lycan, just to be sure I wasn't dreaming, but the young, cruel man wasn't even looking at my direction. it was like he had forgotten I was there. Everyone in the palace checked on me with a stare when they heard me coughing, but the heartless man I had as a mate didn't even spare me a glance.

I slouched there on the floor, hopeless and shattered. My stomach and chest kept hurting so badly that I found it hard to even cry out loud—not like I would have the courage to dare interrupt him with it. I mean, I can't even scream in pain when he was talking because I was afraid he would eventually get enrage and kill me.

His cold face was enough to snap my lips shut. The most I could do was whimper and groan silently, trying to absorb the pain with my wolf healing ability.

His punch was so hard, but each time I glanced at the cracked tiled floor which could have been my head if I hadn't dodged, my heart would flip and sink into my stomach in terror. My supposed mate almost killed me just for calling him my mate.

How was I so unlucky to have a monster as a mate, even my wolf that was ecstatic over a mate won't stop howling in disappointment and utmost sadness.

I tried speaking to my mate again through the mind link, but I realized that moment he had already blocked me off, making it impossible for my voices to go through.

Does he hate me this much at first sight? Wasn't I his mate to soften his heart and charm him into an instant love at first sight? He hadn't reject me but also didn't accept. He just warned me not to mention the word "mate" to him ever again after hitting me.

How cruel...

"My name is Dracula, the Lycan prince, as you all must already know. At this point, I want everyone here to listen very carefully because I won't repeat a single letter the second time, and no disobedience to my order will be tolerated!" The Lycan began after he had gone silent since his punch me.

I would have thought the silence was a sign of remorse if I hadn't seen how crude and menacing his face and eyes were. His voice was equally sounding like thunder and possessed a strong, heart-clenching aura that froze everyone to a spot.

I gasped, frightened, as I heard him introduce himself as the Lycan prince. But it seemed I was the only one just realizing he wasn't just a Lycan, but the prince because no one flinched as I did.

Now I know. This literally explained a lot why my father was broken into a puppet in front of the Lycan. I know him to be very brave and fearless, but every werewolf knew that no amount of bravery could save one from the wrath of the Lycan prince who controls the Lycan's armies.

Now I see why my mate had emanated such an overwhelming and dreadful aura that could consume every ounce of courage in anyone and reduce them to their knees.