Chapter 54

But I was ready to forgive and forget, to push away the past and take them back as my family and friends. Maybe it was the will of the moon goddess that my father dies so I can take over the throne. It hurts so much to see him dead at this time when my life was about to get better.

He was the actual person I wanted to see me become great and powerful. After so many years of him hating on me and blaming me for his mate's death, I was glad it was all coming to an end, and I was going to prove to him that I wasn't a demon, but unfortunately that chance never came.

He died with that resentment for me in his heart. I was still his rejected daughter, whom he has bitterness for.

Soon enough, the investigation team came. The death of the alpha was something no one in the entire pack would joke about. It was a sacrilege for anyone to take the life of the alpha, and all the warriors and hunters in the pack won't rest till they kill the murderer, no matter who it was.

I was so sure it was Laura, as I knew well that she was a demon, and the way my father's body was mangled and brutally gashed inferred the killer was a high-ranking demon, so I prayed and hoped the investigation team would find enough evidence to point Laura out.

She is missing and must have hidden away because of what she did, but what she doesn't know is that with my new powers and the help of my Lycan mate, she can never hide forever. We will do everything possible to find her, and she must pay dearly for what she did.

I'll make her regret the first day she steps foot in this pack. I will equally show her how gruesome I can be to someone who tortured me in all possible ways, turning my own people against me and making my father disown me. She almost destroyed my life, so now that I have the great strength bestowed on me by the moon goddess, she won't go scot-free.

I didn't plan to kill her because she was a werewolf like us who sold her soul to the devil to become possessed by heart demons, but for taking my father's life, I will make her death slow, painful, and heart-wrenching.

All alone in my room, I was staring at the mirror, watching my reflection, and noticing the glaring facial resemblance between my father and me. I could see his face in my head, and the good memories of us when my mother was alive came brimming in my head and sent shivers down my spine as I felt that pang in my heart at the realization that I was never going to see him again.

Tears brimmed in my eyes, and I had to throw my head back to stop them from falling. It was time to cry; it was time to be braver and take the mantle of revenge for all the demons had done to me.

Laura was the one who possessed my mother and intended to use her to kill me. It resulted in my killing the woman who bore me, and that was the beginning of my miserable life. Laura destroyed my blissful and peaceful life. Now that I had gotten these great powers from the moon goddess, which I could use to expose Laura and make my father realize the mistake he was making, she took his life.

She knew with my new powers she stood no chance, which is why she didn't wait for me to return from school before taking the last family I had. My own father

"Laura, you have made the greatest mistake of your life. Both you and the demons will see the wrath of my rage, I swear!

My voice echoed through the room, rumbling deeply and reeking of so much desire for revenge. The tears in my eyes fell as too much guilt made my heart heavy.

"I failed to protect my father just as I failed to do the same for my mother." A deep sigh slipped my lips as I moved over to the bed and slumped right there, burying my face on the pillow.

I had told everyone I wanted to be alone, including my partner, so they stayed off, but now I just wish Dracula was here to cuddle me and whisper some words of comfort into my ears. I was now an orphan, and the fact that one person caused their death was really eating me up.