Chapter 17

After hanging up the phone, Chu Zhichen pressed his fingers on his temples, and at the red light at the intersection, he took advantage of the silence and said, "I have something to do today."

Qian Hua: "Stop fooling me, you've got something to do."

Chu Zhichen couldn't get used to the vulgar language, so he frowned. Qian Hua came to Xiang Yue to stop him from getting off work. It might not be so easy to get out, so he made the next best thing: "Let's talk about it first, I won't go to nightclubs."

"No, you-"

Chu Zhichen added decisively: "I don't need any beauty."

Qian Hua opened her mouth wide, stunned by Chu Zhichen's serious expression, feeling inexplicably frightened, and blocked all the urgent rebuttals in her throat.

That expression was so funny, Chu Zhichen felt that he was scaring the idiot, and said, "Let me treat you to dinner."

Qian Hua laughed, and began to twitch again: "Let me invite you. I recently invested in a restaurant. It is in trial operation. I plan to let you know when it officially opens."

The Hummer diverted halfway, and Qian Hua took Chu Shichen to a restaurant in a very prosperous location. The decoration was stylish and full of atmosphere. The waiters were dressed in suits and bow ties, and they all looked like models.

The restaurant is currently closed to the public. There are no other guests tonight. They chose a good location by the window. The commercial street downstairs is bustling, and the huge advertising screen is replaced with a new season of ready-to-wear posters.

Chu Zhichen felt that the store's signboard looked familiar, so he looked down.

Qian Hua said: "I remember that you don't like to wear this brand. They hold a show at the end of the month, and I booked a week-long banquet with me. If you are interested, let's go to the show to join in the fun."

Chu Zhichen had an impression, and asked, "Is Bomanjia's apartment nearby?"

"That's right, it's just across the street. It's very difficult to get this seat." Qian Hua said, "What's the matter, do you have a little love to live in Bomanjia? The living conditions are good enough."

Chu Zhichen furrowed his brows that had just been stretched for three minutes: "No."

Qian Hua asked concerned, "Then who have you fucked recently?"

Chu Zhi had a deep understanding of what it means to say "a dog can't spit out ivory", so he had to talk about some serious topics and asked, "Why did you invest in restaurants?"

Qian Hua suddenly misfired, hesitated and couldn't explain why, held back for a while, laughed, and beckoned the restaurant manager to hurry up and serve the food.

Chu Zhichen felt weird in his heart, but he didn't ask further. The dishes were brought to the table, and the main course was a delicious grilled beef, which was rich in fat, and he was 70% full at a glance.

While sobering up the red wine, there was a noise at the door of the restaurant.

The manager blocked it loudly: "Sir, the restaurant is temporarily closed to the public, you can't go in!"

A middle-aged man barged in. He was neatly dressed, but his expression showed a hint of despair. Several waiters couldn't stop him.

The man went straight to the table and was startled when he saw Chu Zhichen: "Mr. Chu..."

Chu Zhichen had never met the other party, so Qian Hua put the knife and fork aside, and said, "Why are you here? What do you want to do?"

The man, surnamed Qi, was the owner of a yacht company. Facing bankruptcy, he had nowhere to go. He squatted near the restaurant for a week, and finally waited for Qian Hua to show up.