Chapter 122

Shen Ruozhen was gradually deprived of oxygen. He turned his face away and leaned on Xiang Mingzhang's shoulder. Another bottle of champagne was opened in the garden downstairs.

Xiang Mingzhang rubbed the back of Shen Ruozhen's neck with his palm, and said, "Taste the cake."

The cake was placed on the cabinet by the wall. Shen Ruozhen got up from Xiang Mingzhang's lap and pecked Xiang Mingzhang's ear. He walked over, straightened the neckline, and then dismantled the bow on the box.

Behind him, Xiang Mingzhang covered the keys with one hand, and played a series of heavy bass, with a humming sound in the aftermath.

Shen Ruozhen hooked the ribbon and looked sideways, sharply said: "What's wrong?"

Xiang Mingzhang put on the lid of the piano, stood up, and said, "I was invited here today. Apart from really missing you, there is one more thing I want to tell you."

Shen Ruozhen and Xiang Mingzhang went to the terrace together. The railings were wide enough for cakes.

The weather was warm, and the butter melted a little. The top layer of the cake was full of fresh lychees. Shen Ruozhen dug one out with a fork. It was cool. He chewed the sweetness and said, "What's the matter?"

Xiang Mingzhang leaned against the railing and folded his arms lazily: "Do you remember that we met Lawyer Lei before, she seemed to pay too much attention to you."

Shen Ruozhen said: "Remember, what's wrong?"

At that time, the two of them didn't know the reason. Some time ago, Xiang Mingzhang and the Chu family were dealing with shareholding changes, and they communicated frequently. He asked the lawyer to pay more attention.

"It's just speculation at the moment." Xiang Mingzhang said, "Lawyer Lei may have doubted your identity."

Shen Ruozhen was slightly startled, digging a piece of the cake, he couldn't help but think of Alan, he had admitted to Alan on the yacht that he was not Chu Zhichen.

Although Alan was dead, Xiang Mingzhang called out his real name at the critical moment.

Shen Ruozhen said, "Is it because of the kidnapping?"

Xiang Mingzhang nodded in agreement: "The kidnappers heard about it at the time."

"And Uncle Qi." Shen Ruozhen said, "Uncle Qi and Xiang Xingzhao are one, and they have long doubted my identity."

Xiang Mingzhang said: "On the contrary, some kidnappers mentioned your name in the statement, but Uncle Qi denied it."

Shen Ruozhen ignored this aspect. If it was revealed that the real Chu Zhichen was dead, and the truth about the yacht explosion was found out, Uncle Qi would be more guilty.

After Xiang Xingzhao's death, Uncle Qi overturned his confession and admitted that Xiang Xingzhao was the mastermind. The investigation of the whole case focused on the Xiang family.

Moreover, the situation on the yacht was chaotic, the kidnappers were not 100% sure, and Uncle Qi denied it, so it was difficult to verify this statement.

After all, it was a suspicious point, Shen Ruozhen asked: "Will the police contact us to investigate?"

Xiang Mingzhang said: "It's possible, it's just that Uncle Qi didn't admit it in the early stage, but later retracted his confession, and the kidnappers were also involved in Thailand, so the case has been delayed."

After the incident, the case was fully represented by Xiang Mingzhang's lawyer team. Attorney Lei and Mrs. Chu have known each other for many years. They are very concerned about the case in private and have a wide network of friends. They are all classmates and friends in the circle of lawyers and the public security department. It is inevitable that they will receive some news.