Chapter 77

The cemetery is built on the hillside in the outer suburbs of Ningbo.

After driving for more than three hours, Shen Ruozhen remained silent, got out of the car and stepped on the ground of his homeland, a piece of dark gray masonry, polished smooth by the years of separation, and the gaps were covered with moss.

Rows of tombstones are placed around the mountains, in the shape of neat steps. It is cold and desolate in winter, and there are only a few people sweeping the tombs and worshiping.

Xiang Mingzhang took Shen Ruozhen up the stone steps, and a tree was planted between each tombstone, adding a little vitality to the gloomy cemetery.

When he reached the seventh row, Xiang Mingzhang stopped and said, "The fifth one in front is your father's tomb."

He guessed that Shen Ruozhen must have a lot to say in front of the tomb, and it was not appropriate for outsiders to watch when he was crying or confessing late, so he said, "Go, I will stand here and wait for you."

Shen Ruozhen said, "Okay."

Xiang Mingzhang warned: "Call me if you need anything."

Shen Ruozhen gave a "huh" and walked forward alone. He came to Ningbo, and after walking the last few tens of meters, the world has passed the vicissitudes of life.

A clean stone tablet with no photos on it, with "Shen Zuorun's Tomb" engraved in the center, and the dates of birth and death in the corners, and the specific date is blurred by the time of death.

As if Shen Ruozhen had been slapped, he was facing the tombstone, bent his legs and knelt down with a "plop", and his knees hit the bricks and stones heavily, causing a ring of flying dust to shake up.

Daisy clenched all the way, and Shen Ruozhen put the bouquet in front of the grave, leaving her palms wet and green, and endless sourness poured out of her mouth: "Father, I'm here to kowtow to you."

Shen Ruozhen bent down, touched his forehead to the ground, and made a "dong" sound without pain.

He kowtowed three times in a row to Shen Zuorun's tomb, but at the end he didn't get up, and knelt down, his hands pressed to the ground with clear veins, recalling old memories, all of which were his crimes of unfilial piety.

In the autumn of 2044, Shen Zuorun had an emergency in the middle of the night, and he and the chair fell from the table. Shen Ruozhen passed the door and heard the movement. When he rushed in, he saw Shen Zuorun falling on the floor and moaning in pain.

Shen Ruozhen rushed over to put Shen Zuorun on the bed, and ordered the housekeeper to prepare the car quickly, but in the blink of an eye, Shen Zuorun's wide-open pupils became dilated, and he suddenly lost his breath in Shen Ruozhen's arms.

The father and son often talked about the economy, banking operations, and the fate of the current situation, but they never thought that they would die without leaving a word.

Shen Ruozhen was stunned for a long time, and in a moment he was almost in a daze. He turned his head and confirmed to Yao Qi'an: "Housekeeper... Where is the car I asked you to prepare?"

Yao Qian choked up and said, it was too late.

Shen Ruozhen hugged Shen Zuorun's body all night, and after dawn, he came out with red eyes, and ordered Yao Qi'an to temporarily conceal the news of his father's death, saying that he was ill.

How can one lie about life and death, Yao Qi'an sighed twice, "Crafting a crime".

In this way, Shen Zuorun's body was parked in the bedroom. The servants in the mansion, colleagues and friends didn't know about it, and his wife and daughter who were far away across the ocean were kept in the dark.