Chapter 74

The brass buckle of the wooden box is covered with rust spots, like a layer of scab that has accumulated over the years. Shen Ruozhen strokes it. This is his box, a fashion toy when he was young, and he kept it in the smoking room of Shen Mansion when he grew up.

Xiang Mingzhang hurried back and dismissed everyone before he had time to take a sip of hot tea. There were only the two of them left in the living room, and said, "Open it and have a look, there are your things inside."

Shen Ruozhen lifted the lid of the wooden box, and the pentagonal lattice was full of objects, smoked abacus, dial stamp pad, silk satin pocket watch box, he couldn't believe it, and when he opened the second layer, the Penn University certificate, detailed bills...all belonged to him old stuff.

Shen Ruozhen looked around, there was a sofa and tea table on the carpet, and a bright chandelier above his head. This is Manzhuang, but he thought he was in his old home.

In the fall of his father's death, Shen Ruozhen had already decided to close Fuhua Bank. Firstly, the organization assigned him another assignment, and secondly, the Japanese side's suspicion was aroused by many secret operations.

He arranged everything in the bank and at home in advance, and he couldn't take away his belongings. The old butler kept them for him, and agreed with him to return them when they reunited in Ningbo in the future, but he never had a chance to fulfill his promise.

These old things were lost and found again, Shen Ruozhen asked a little excitedly: "Where did you find it?"

Xiang Mingzhang said bluntly: "I have found the descendants of Yao Qi'an, and these things have been kept by his granddaughter Yao Zheng."

Shen Ruozhen was surprised: "The descendants of the Yao family... are they in Hangzhou?"

"Yes, you run a trading company." Xiang Mingzhang said, "The assets you left to Steward Yao were enough for their generations to live comfortably. The Yao family is very grateful. Old lady Yao told me about you. "

Shen Ruozhen regards Yao Qi'an as a relative, and the life of the other's descendants is safe, and he is really gratified to remember and know him from generation to generation.

Meeting old acquaintances in a foreign land is probably the case, Shen Ruozhen said: "Have they ever returned to Ningbo?"

"I will go back every Qingming Festival to worship Yao Qi'an." Xiang Mingzhang paused for two seconds, "And your father."

Shen Ruozhen was startled, and Xiang Mingzhang took out a stack of documents from his bag. For decades, Shen Zuorun's cemetery had been moved and repaired several times, and maintained every year. All the records and certificates were there.

Shen Ruozhen took them with both hands, turned them one by one, saw his father's name printed on the paper, his eyes were dry, and he blinked with soreness.

Not ashamed of the world, but ashamed of his relatives, he blamed himself and said: "I am an unfilial son."

Since ancient times, the dilemma of loyalty and filial piety, Xiang Mingzhang said distressedly: "I will accompany you to Ningbo in two days. Although it is almost a century late, but you are only 28 years old, you can go to worship your father every year from now on."

Shen Ruozhen nodded. The last page was a supplementary condition signed by Xiang Mingzhang and Yao Zheng. The two parties agreed to keep his past affairs secret.

What Xiang Mingzhang did was no longer just a simple investigation, he searched for the truth, and spent all his money and material resources for a "Shen Ruozhen" who appeared out of thin air.