Chapter 123

Shen Ruozhen moved and faced Mrs. Chu. He noticed a bag with a red cross logo on the bed, and asked, "What is that?"

Mrs. Chu had been to the hospital. She didn't intend to hide it, and said, "I was in New Zealand when you were injured and hospitalized. I haven't seen the physical examination report. I asked the doctor to refill it."

Shen Ruozhen understood that these test sheets were evidence, and he said, "Lawyer Lei told you everything."

Mrs. Chu showed a bewildered expression. If the time was reversed to the day of the banquet, she was not sure if she wanted Lawyer Lei to tell her, or she would rather be concealed.

That strange name was like a curse. Mrs. Chu recited it thousands of times in her mind, and she repeated it even horizontally and vertically until she knew it well, but she pronounced it clumsily: "Lawyer Lei said, his surname is Shen."

Shen Ruozhen responded word by word: "Yes, Shen Ruozhen."

Mrs. Chu stared at him blankly, and said incoherently, "I think Lawyer Lei made a mistake. I don't believe it. How could you be called another name? Even if your surname is not Chu, you should have my surname Yang. What is this?" , you are my son, are you... are you my son?"

In modern society, this kind of thing is absurd but not difficult to verify. In a huge villa, just find a piece of Shen Ruozhen's hair and a piece of used tableware, and you can do a paternity test.

Mrs. Chu went to the hospital for several days, but every time she regretted it, she didn't do the appraisal, she turned to the attending physician to ask questions, and printed a bunch of irrelevant inspection reports.

Shen Ruozhen asked, "Why didn't you do it?"

Mrs. Chu said vaguely: "Why should I do a DNA test with a child who has always regarded me as a mother?"

Shen Ruozhen said: "Then why are you asking me again?"

Mrs. Chu covered her ears, as long as the child said that she was "Chu Shichen", she would believe it, and when the other party said "Shen Ruozhen" just now, she knew that her hope was shattered.

Having spent more than four hundred days together as mother and child, Shen Ruozhen didn't know what expression and tone to confess.

He was probably funny, or obnoxious, and it was a relief that the lie was over, but he felt like a heavy rock was being rammed all over him.

Finally, Shen Ruozhen said: "I'm not your son, I'm not Chu Zhichen."

Mrs. Chu raised her hand to cover her mouth and nose, tears streaming down her face: "Where is Xiao Chen?"

Shen Ruozhen said with difficulty: "The yacht exploded in early spring last year, and Chu Zhichen was already dead."

Mrs. Chu let go of her other hand suddenly, and the photo frame rolled down and fell to the floor. Cracks appeared in the thin glass, which distorted the mischievous smile of "Chu Shichen" in the photo.

Shen Ruozhen confessed: "Chu Zhichen got drunk at the party, was unable to escape after the fire, and was killed by Alan. The mastermind behind the whole incident was Xiang Xingzhao."

Mrs. Chu burst into tears: "No..."

Shen Ruozhen approached and half-kneeled in front of Mrs. Chu's knees. He dropped his bag, picked up the photo frame, and reached out to try to smooth the crack. His fingertips hurt, and blood quickly spread into the cracks in the glass.

Mrs. Chu grabbed his hand subconsciously, and murmured, "It's cut, does it hurt?"

This bit of physical pain is not as bad as mother's loss of a son, Shen Ruozhen said in a hoarse voice, "I'm sorry."