Chapter 92

When they reached the fortieth floor of the apartment, the door was closed, Xiang Mingzhang carried Chu Shichen to the decorative cabinet in the entrance, swept away all the perfume and key trays, and rolled on the floor with a clang.

Chu Zhichen's bag also fell to the ground, and he freed his hand to wrap his arms around Xiang Mingzhang's crushed shoulder.

The two kissed shallowly, and they broke up with a light touch. Xiang Mingzhang pressed Chu Shichen's forehead and asked, "Director Chu, are you getting used to the new department?"

There was a solid wall behind him, but Chu Zhichen felt weak physically and mentally, and said, "I can't adapt."

"Don't pretend to be weak." Xiang Mingzhang said, "From the Republic of China to the 21st century, you can adapt like a duck to water. Changing departments is nothing."

Chu Zhichen was exposed and asked: "What about you, have you adapted to the new secretary?"

Xiang Mingzhang said, "I'm not used to it."

"Don't pretend either." Chu Zhichen stroked the short hair on the back of Xiang Mingzhang's head, "I heard that you were very tolerant of the new secretary, why were you picky about me then?"

Xiang Mingzhang retorted: "Stop slandering me, what's the point of picking on you? You just became a secretary and went on a business trip with me to Nanjing, and you didn't scold you when you did something wrong."

There are only a handful of things that Chu Zhichen did badly, and that one was indeed not wronged. He mistakenly thought that Xiang Mingzhang would have a night of indulgence with the female guests who were acting on the occasion, so he made an oolong.

He hypothesized with a lag: "If it wasn't a female guest that I met that night, it was a male guest."

Xiang Mingzhang said, "So?"

Chu Zhichen said: "Will you really indulge once?"

Xiang Mingzhang forcefully said, "Then I'll ask you to go to your room late at night, it's not as simple as sending documents."

Chu Zhichen was lightened, and everything in his vision was turned upside down for a moment. When he regained consciousness, Xiang Mingzhang carried him upside down on his shoulders, like a plundered captive.

Walking from the porch to the bedroom, Chu Zhichen was thrown on the big bed, the mattress was soft, he didn't feel any pain, but he felt dizzy while moving.

Xiang Mingzhang stood condescendingly by the bed, reached out to take off Chu Shichen's shoes, picked up a messy corner of the clothes, pulled, and easily peeled off Chu Shichen's coat.

The cold wind poured into his belly by the side of the street, and Chu Zhichen was sweating again at this moment, and said, "I haven't taken a bath yet."

Xiang Mingzhang followed him, but also seemed to order him: "Take off your clothes, let's go wash together."

Floor-to-ceiling windows surrounded most of the room, and the single layer of gauze curtains couldn't block the gorgeous lights outside the window. Chu Zhichen hesitantly unbuttoned and only took off his suit jacket.

Xiang Mingzhang pressed the control panel at the head of the bed, and the bathtub began to store water and heat up automatically. He felt that Chu Zhichen was moving too slowly, and asked, "Mrs. Chu bought you this dress?"

Chu Zhichen said, "No, it's made by a tailor."

Xiang Mingzhang thought, it wouldn't be a waste of heart if it was broken, he picked up Chu Shichen, went into the bathroom and kicked the door, and then there was a small tearing sound.