Chapter 21

When they reached the fifth floor, the two families bid farewell politely. The Xiang family went east and the Chu family went west. They parted ways and entered two opposite halls.

Most of the Meihe hall is decorated in retro magenta, and usually small family banquets are held for reunion and happiness. There are several bags of gifts on the sofa, including brand-name bags and new electronic products, and a large handful of peach tulips are lying on the coffee table.

Li Zangqiu and Li Hang have arrived, only father and son. Li Zangqiu's current wife is very young, and Li Heng is his only son with his original wife.

When the three members of the Chu family came in, Li Hang stood up first to greet them, called "Xiao Hui" softly, and then greeted Mrs. Chu and Chu Shichen.

Mrs. Chu said, "Oh, so many presents."

Li Heng pulled Chu Shihui to unpack the package, Li Zangqiu came over and stood with Mrs. Chu, the two of them were full of joy, and the atmosphere was like a family.

Chu Zhichen has a moderate smile. In the old days, "free love" arose. When young people fall in love, they like to hide out, step on the green grass, visit poetry clubs, and sit down with their parents when they are talking about marriage.

It's a new generation, Chu Shihui and Li Hang's first anniversary is not going on a date, but choosing to spend it with their families.

The waiter came to ask if the food was served, and everyone sat down at the table. Chu Zhichen just opened the chair and said, "Xiaohui, you have unwrapped so many presents, go wash your hands."

Hearing this, Li Heng wanted to go too, but before he got up, Chu Zhichen took the lead. There was a separate small dressing room in the hall, and the brother and sister went in and stood in front of the mirror to wash their hands.

The water was rushing, Chu Zhichen lowered his head, and his voice was slightly lower: "The other day you asked me if I would work overtime tonight. If you wanted me to come, you would invite me directly. Does beating around the bush mean that you don't want me to come."

Chu Shihui was most annoyed to socialize with the elders. He hoped that Chu Zhichen could not come if he had something to do. The reunion dinner would be postponed or cancelled. She replied, "Do you think I want to come?"

Chu Zhichen asked: "Then why didn't you refuse?"

Chu Shihui said: "Because this meal is what Uncle Li meant."

Chu Zhichen moved his palm away, and the water stopped. He took out a tissue and put it on the back of his hand, and said, "So, you think Li Zangqiu's intentions cannot be disobeyed."

Chu Shihui was taken aback by his direct calling of her name, and whispered, "Yi Si relies on him, I understand."

The paper towel was wet, and Chu Zhichen crumpled it up and threw it away. The girl in the ivory tower learned to judge the situation early, but luckily or unfortunately.

Returning to the dining table, Chu Zhichen took a cup to savor the temperature of the tea, but didn't speak for a while.

Li Zangqiu asked with concern: "Shi Chen, why are you so quiet? Is it because you are too tired from work recently?"

Chu Zhichen said, "I'm fine."

Li Hang was about the same age as him, and he spoke more casually: "By the way, why did you become Xiang Mingzhang's secretary? I can't believe it after thinking about it."

"No way." Chu Zhichen smiled, "I want to start a company and be the boss like you, but I don't have the skills."

Li Heng waved his hand: "I'm just lucky, Du Heng is a small company, not worth mentioning."